Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 223. (Read 1382194 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 08, 2017, 09:01:16 AM
How is Sia different from Storj? Which one is better and why?
Activity: 173
Merit: 101
PR Manager at Crypto Economy
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
August 08, 2017, 05:07:15 AM
Hi My mac restarted without SIA shutting down. Now it keeps giving me error when its restarting. "critical error loading sia"

Where you using the last version 1.3? It handles sudden restarts much better than previous versions. In any case, if you are just using the client for the wallet, I would recommend you to delete the installation and install again the latest version. You will be able to access your wallet again with the recovery seed. If you are hosting or renting disk space let us know to guide you with further precautions.

How can i mine this coin?

https://mtlynch.io/windows-sia-mining/

Thank you. I actually have SIA 1.3 which is the latest version. I did copy the blockchain I downloaded from one of the thread to the correct folder. I had it perfectly working, it was when my computer restarted that i couldn't run it again. Is my only option to reinstall again? That actually took 2 days even with the blockchain copied over. Thank you for all your help.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 08, 2017, 04:27:22 AM
Is it possible to drop again to 0.008 this month?
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
August 08, 2017, 03:36:46 AM
Seems like the coin is mainly dead on the exchanges, good time to buy in my opinion.

I predict at least a turnback to the area of about 400 satoshis a coin.

We just need to wait for a good announcement from the dev team and we will be good.
Activity: 130
August 08, 2017, 02:38:16 AM
Is there a decent block explorer? The one under explore.sia.tech does not allow for search of specific transactions or addresses.

None of the two available blockchain explorers (the one you linked and http://explorer.siahub.info/ ) allow you to check addresses' balance. But both allow to check transactions: introduce the TxID on the "hash" field
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the TxID is not recognized in the explorer (withdrawal from Polo). Could that be the old issue that Polo just doesn't submit the TX? Or was that solved already?
Anyone else with withdrawal problems?

Correct. If the TX is not shown in the explorer, is because the same old issue of Poloniex that submits the TX but it does not reach a block and needs to be broadcasted again. A lot of people keep reporting this problem. The rest of exchanges (Bittrex, Bisq) have already did their part and are not suffering this issue. Most of the times Polo's withdrawals just need some extra hours to reach a block and your wallet, just wait a bit longer. If after 1 or 2 days is not solved automatically, open a ticket in Poloniex.

Don't use Poloniex as a recommendation, guys. Bittrex works flawlessly, for instance.
Finally the coins arrived at Bittrex, it just took a while. If you have similar problems, just keep calm and don't panic, its just damn slow Angry
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 07, 2017, 09:06:21 PM
Hi My mac restarted without SIA shutting down. Now it keeps giving me error when its restarting. "critical error loading sia"

Where you using the last version 1.3? It handles sudden restarts much better than previous versions. In any case, if you are just using the client for the wallet, I would recommend you to delete the installation and install again the latest version. You will be able to access your wallet again with the recovery seed. If you are hosting or renting disk space let us know to guide you with further precautions.

https://mtlynch.io/windows-sia-mining/
Activity: 45
August 07, 2017, 08:24:18 PM
August 07, 2017, 08:06:48 PM
Anyone have a solution for this? Thank you.
August 07, 2017, 08:05:13 PM
August 07, 2017, 04:40:31 PM
Is there a decent block explorer? The one under explore.sia.tech does not allow for search of specific transactions or addresses.

None of the two available blockchain explorers (the one you linked and http://explorer.siahub.info/ ) allow you to check addresses' balance. But both allow to check transactions: introduce the TxID on the "hash" field
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the TxID is not recognized in the explorer (withdrawal from Polo). Could that be the old issue that Polo just doesn't submit the TX? Or was that solved already?

Correct. If the TX is not shown in the explorer, is because the same old issue of Poloniex that submits the TX but it does not reach a block and needs to be broadcasted again. A lot of people keep reporting this problem. The rest of exchanges (Bittrex, Bisq) have already did their part and are not suffering this issue. Most of the times Polo's withdrawals just need some extra hours to reach a block and your wallet, just wait a bit longer. If after 1 or 2 days is not solved automatically, open a ticket in Poloniex.

Don't use Poloniex as a recommendation, guys. Bittrex works flawlessly, for instance.
Thanks again, so I give them some time before opening a ticket - btw.: the withdrawal was from Polo to Bittrex because of the bad service and performance of Polo, this just confirms my decision!
August 07, 2017, 04:33:39 PM

August 07, 2017, 04:19:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
August 07, 2017, 04:11:56 PM

Storj is a million times better.

You better back that up.
What if someone now says: SIA is ten milions better than storj?! Hmmm, right?

lol  Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 07, 2017, 04:05:25 PM

Storj is a million times better.
August 07, 2017, 04:03:54 PM

August 07, 2017, 02:40:15 PM
August 07, 2017, 11:42:36 AM
first sorry if this question wilii sound stupid but I never mine with hdd or ssd. Is it possible to "mine" this coin with hdd and if it is how effective is?

You don't strictly mine with HDDs on Sia. Instead, what you do is offering your HDDs for hosting other people's files. This is called "hosting" or "farming". Just try it by yourself: download the 1.3 version of the Sia Client and go to "Host" tab. You choose your pricing and other parameters and if you are competitive (under $1-2/Tb/month) you'll start receiving contracts.

There are a couple of guides for hosting out there, but they are both outdated. I am currently writing a new and (I hope) very detailed guide for the Sia Wiki. I hope it will be ready tonight or tomorrow.

Mining is done in Sia by traditional PoW
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
August 07, 2017, 10:56:22 AM
When Bitcoin price grew in May/June price of Sia did not change so drastically like now.. Sad What is going on? If it will goes like that, it will drop below 200 satoshi..  Cry

I think we are waiting for big price bump in the SIA coin, as Bitcoin price is increasing the value of SIA should increase but it is kept reducing the price of SIA. What is happening with the SIA there is no update from the dev team.
Activity: 689
Merit: 260
August 07, 2017, 10:44:53 AM
I'm out right now.. It looks like the price will continue to fall. I will buy back when the price will be on the ground.

I don't think it is a good time to get out at the moment.

Jump to: