Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 219. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 14, 2017, 05:26:55 PM
Filecoin seems to be a major threat to SIA project, the likes of Storj and Filecoin seems to be well capitalised than SIA and will have money to attract best talent to their platform unlike SIA that is under funded

FileCoin is definitely well funded even for the craziness that is the crypto world.  They have raked it in
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 14, 2017, 02:53:17 PM
Filecoin seems to be a major threat to SIA project, the likes of Storj and Filecoin seems to be well capitalised than SIA and will have money to attract best talent to their platform unlike SIA that is under funded
Activity: 1148
Merit: 269
August 14, 2017, 02:47:42 PM
Is there anything major in the pipeline for Sia currently?
sia coin is quiet good coin its price change is sudden. somtimes its go up somtimes its down
i heard news on twitter that minio will be adding sia support to their standard product!
all minio users will soon have the ability to use sia as their backend storage.
i will buy more when its go down again
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 14, 2017, 01:16:05 PM
@Hakkane
are you an official member of Sia team?
Just wondering since you always come up with all kind of answers, really appreciated your quick responce in this thread.

No, I am not  Smiley Just an enthusiast here. As most of Sia power-users are on the Slack, Reddit and Forum, I try to at least check twice per day here and provide some relief to people with technical questions. Thanks for your words, it is my pleasure to help.

With all due respect to the efforts of developers.....I'm tired of fighting with their SIA application, reinstall the 3 day ! If they want to build the matrix storage everything should be as simple as possible, let's take the example of the teamveiwer that received a billion computers for simplicity. I am not a speculator just a square, but my siacoin will only see on bittrex Wink
Have you tried posting your issues here or on the Slack? Most of the times a full reinstall is not necessary. Next time ask for help and be sure someone will try to give you a workaround for the issue  Wink

Statement from the Team:

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6tmx0r/why_is_sia_important/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=siacoin

Now this is what I'm talking about! Smiley

A powerful statement, that lifts your spirit up and addresses many concerns, and gives us an image of what could be... 70 to 90% of the cloud storage market!

I am really thankful they released that statement today.

Not only that, we now also have a Community Manager, proclaimed today: @Steve. I am not sure if he will be around in Bitcointalk as this is not an official channel, but you'll see him in Slack, Forum and Reddit

Does SIA have any plans for mobile (iOS and Android applications). It will be very useful to control your coins, stats...

Not any official client for now. However, be aware that there is a non-official Sia app in the Play Store, and people is reporting it is not working. Just remember the only official client is the desktop UI that can be downloaded on http://sia.tech/
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
August 14, 2017, 12:31:33 PM
Statement from the Team:

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6tmx0r/why_is_sia_important/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=siacoin

A powerful statement, that lifts your spirit up and addresses many concerns, and gives us an image of what could be... 70 to 90% of the cloud storage market!

Wow, this may be a gamechanger for the current trend.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
August 14, 2017, 12:14:27 PM
Does SIA have any plans for mobile (iOS and Android applications). It will be very useful to control your coins, stats...

That'd be cool, but I haven't heard any of the sort. Anyways, I think once they get thngs off the ground, they will build mobile app. Let them focus on the main product for now Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 106
August 14, 2017, 11:49:24 AM
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 14, 2017, 11:30:33 AM
Statement from the Team:

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
August 14, 2017, 11:26:49 AM
@Hakkane
are you an official member of Sia team?
Just wondering since you always come up with all kind of answers, really appreciated your quick responce in this thread.
Activity: 1
August 14, 2017, 11:23:16 AM
With all due respect to the efforts of developers.....I'm tired of fighting with their SIA application, reinstall the 3 day ! If they want to build the matrix storage everything should be as simple as possible, let's take the example of the teamveiwer that received a billion computers for simplicity. I am not a speculator just a square, but my siacoin will only see on bittrex Wink
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
August 14, 2017, 10:32:26 AM
As long as the price will not be negative, then I'm good!!  Lips sealed Grin

You mean compared to $? yeah.. that's true, but the problem is that Bitcoin price in any moment can drop hard, and if it happen Sia price will not rise so fast as is going down now.. It is very dangerous..

-25% on Poloniex! It hurts my eyes!
Activity: 16
August 14, 2017, 09:52:58 AM
Just went in full on Sia again.

Prepare for the moonshot guys  Cool

And where is your moonshot?

It all depends on Bitcoin now. If price of BTC will be growing, shortly SIA will be under 100 satoshi, and it will be armageddon for this coin!

As long as the price will not be negative, then I'm good!!  Lips sealed Grin
Activity: 369
Merit: 101
August 14, 2017, 09:26:33 AM
Just went in full on Sia again.

Prepare for the moonshot guys  Cool

And where is your moonshot?

It all depends on Bitcoin now. If price of BTC will be growing, shortly SIA will be under 100 satoshi, and it will be armageddon for this coin!
Activity: 513
Merit: 150
August 14, 2017, 08:56:38 AM
I believe in that idea and i really like it, but how do you valuate all the competitors?
My fear is that in near future there will be a project (maybe filecoin), which takes the whole "decentralized storage sector" and all the other projects will get priceless sooner or later..
Winner takes it all..

What are your opinions?

Second question:
According to roadmap https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap there will be some featers soon (approx. Sept.), so if you believe in SIA, Aug should be a good timing for investing?
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 14, 2017, 08:50:47 AM
Where can I find the necessary network configuration to be able to host files?

Check the Requirements section of this guide of the Wiki: https://siawiki.tech/host/using_the_ui_for_hosting ;-)
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Transact Safer / Chase Better
August 14, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
yes but people are not willing to hold that long
there is too much temptation from other coins.

The value of SIA is dead cheap in the market but all the money stuck with altcoins because the value of all the altcoins is kept decreasing with the increased price of Bitcoin. So to all holders who have some Bitcoin better these is the right time to Buy SIA when it is very cheap.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
August 14, 2017, 08:19:06 AM
Also, the supply of Sia is way to big for it to grow.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
August 14, 2017, 07:22:46 AM
yes but people are not willing to hold that long
there is too much temptation from other coins.
Activity: 16
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
August 14, 2017, 06:41:32 AM
I guess Filecoin could be a blessing for SiaCoin unless they deliver a perfect product very soon. People got excited by the idea, many of them might not heard of it any further and don't know SiaCoin. When time goes buy and no mayor development steps are done by Filecoin team the holders will get disappointed. Since the idea itself is genuine they will search for good alternatives moving their money from Filecoin to Siacoin. I think this is not an unlikely scenario.

Agreed, this is very complex code they are writing with lots of moving pieces. I think eventually Sia will stand out of the crowd as there quality software is obvious to me.
Jump to: