Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 241. (Read 1382194 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
June 27, 2017, 10:58:21 AM
my sia-ui is finished with the syncro.

next step is the wallet - can someone tell me how long the scanning of the blockchain on the sia wallet lasts?

EDIT: ok, its done now - duration ~20/30 minutes
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
June 27, 2017, 10:50:45 AM
I am currently synchronizing the Sia-Wallet. At 40% it took 2GB yet. So I assume it will take about 5Gb altogether.
How will this handled in the future? I mean Sia is still young. In one year it's maybe 10 GB of space. Some people may want to use Sia because they don't have any free space on their drive. It's kind of ironic. Is there any plan to deal with this?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 27, 2017, 08:13:30 AM
To the moderator that deleted my post. Go fuck yourself.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
June 26, 2017, 01:46:50 PM
7 fucking days (with my computer on 24/7) for my wallet to synchronize and to be able to access my SC, and during this time the price has sunk, thank you Sia.

Well next use an SSD drive for dramatically faster performance.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 26, 2017, 11:34:20 AM
7 fucking days (with my computer on 24/7) for my wallet to synchronize and to be able to access my SC, and during this time the price has sunk, thank you Sia.

sell it and i will buy your coins again  Grin
Already sold.
legendary
icarus-cards.eu
June 26, 2017, 11:27:22 AM

sell it and i will buy your coins again  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 26, 2017, 11:23:10 AM
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
June 26, 2017, 10:59:21 AM
So is SC a yes or a no good thing that obelisk is coming out?

Since it doesn't really effect how SC itself works it is really non news unless you are a miner. But their roadmap shows promising updates to SC in the future. This is a solid long term hold IMO.
Activity: 84
June 26, 2017, 10:42:06 AM
So is SC a yes or a no good thing that obelisk is coming out?
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
June 26, 2017, 09:57:25 AM
So I had not seen these numbers yet

OBELISK SC1 MINER
TECH DETAILS
ESTIMATED HASHRATE: 100 GH/s
NETWORK HASHRATE: 1,000,000 GH/s
BLOCK REWARD: 20M SC/DAY
MONTHLY REVENUE: 60,000 SC*
PRICE: $2499
*estimated figure on June 2018 with 10,000 Obelisk units sold

Especially the last sentence,  "estimated June 2018 with 10,00 units sold". So what if only a few of them get sold (and delivered) within a reasonable amount of time? It's hard to calculate how many Sia you could mine with it right. That must be a total gamble
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
June 26, 2017, 06:51:01 AM
Siacoins price has been plummeting over the last week. This is unusual considering the obselisk is set to release in less than 3 days. What is going on?
I am wondering, too ...

Maybe it is BECAUSE of the Obelisk? Idk.
Activity: 97
June 26, 2017, 06:47:07 AM
Charging $2499 for an ASIC is most definitely centralising the mining.

At least with GPU mining everyone has a chance and it remains less centralised. ASICs will always fall into the hands of the already-wealthy.

You can't really make the argument that it's okay because Bitcoin does it, when Bitcoin is currently crippled due to a monopoly-winning sack of shit (Jihan Wu).

If you take a look at Bitcoin and China's major ASIC farms (literal warehouses) and think "Yeah, this decentralisation thing is going great!" then you have the wrong idea completely.

So how much money do you need to spend on 100 GPU's to get the 100 GH hashrate obelisk offers? Tell me? Are you not going to spend more than $2500 bucks? Maybe $50,000 would be the cost to have that GPU farm. And don't you think that the Chinese don't own GPU farms too? Or maybe you own a GPU farm and are pissed off because you need to invest on the ASIC that would only benefit Sia blockchain and your pocket too if you think about it.

It's pricing is targeted to the series miner with $$ not to the average investor,once the difficulty rises you won't get long term use out of it, just hope you see ROI before it becomes a paper weight.

Example  BlackArrow 150 GHS ASIC miner that supports  SHA256 algorithm
Now its worth  $139 ( see below ) because bitcoin miners now using faster ASIC miners that can do Terahashes speeds example 13TH/s ASIC BTC miner for $2200
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-1.5.html

Best advise would be to buy Siacoin directly and hold, or wait for cloud mining contracts to emerge, no electricity or hardware costs to worry about.
legendary
icarus-cards.eu
June 26, 2017, 05:19:00 AM
I have just arrived at 50.2 % Grin
Activity: 97
June 26, 2017, 05:08:25 AM
My offline wallet has been syncing all night and I left it at 94% and woke up in the morning and the wallet is still at 94% and has not made a single progress. What is going on? I have been trying to sync this wallet for ever now. And it just never wants to get to 100% so that I can use the wallet.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
June 26, 2017, 03:23:35 AM
hi

i have to let open always siad.exe and sia-ui in same time or i did a mistake?

also i didnt find wallet.dat only wallet.db, is that the same?

i just bought some coin for hold and after 2 days sync, i still dont understand how this wallet works

please just i need a little explanation for dummy as me, how save my coin correctly?

thanks

If you open the UI, you will see that Windows has those two processes: siad.exe and Sia-UI. Both are required to run the UI. Siad.exe is the "central component" of the wallet, while Sia-UI is a visual interface to interact with siad.exe. (If you were using a command line interface instead of the UI, you would be using siac.exe to interact with siad instead of the UI, but if you are a basic user, don't mess with this)

If you just need to keep your coins, you don't need to keep a backup of the wallet file. The only thing you need is the wallet seed that was generated when you created the wallet (the sequence of words). Keep that seed pasted in a document or printed in paper. The seed is the only thing needed to recover your funds in a different computer

ok thanks
Activity: 918
Merit: 1001
June 26, 2017, 02:10:42 AM

At least with GPU mining everyone has a chance and it remains less centralised. ASICs will always fall into the hands of the already-wealthy.

You can't really make the argument that it's okay because Bitcoin does it, when Bitcoin is currently crippled due to a monopoly-winning sack of shit (Jihan Wu).

If you take a look at Bitcoin and China's major ASIC farms (literal warehouses) and think "Yeah, this decentralisation thing is going great!" then you have the wrong idea completely.

So how much money do you need to spend on 100 GPU's to get the 100 GH hashrate obelisk offers? Tell me? Are you not going to spend more than $2500 bucks? Maybe $50,000 would be the cost to have that GPU farm. And don't you think that the Chinese don't own GPU farms too? Or maybe you own a GPU farm and are pissed off because you need to invest on the ASIC that would only benefit Sia blockchain and your pocket too if you think about it.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 25, 2017, 08:07:55 PM
hi

i just bought some coin for hold and after 2 days sync, i still dont understand how this wallet works

please just i need a little explanation for dummy as me, how save my coin correctly?

thanks

If you open the UI, you will see that Windows has those two processes: siad.exe and Sia-UI. Both are required to run the UI. Siad.exe is the "central component" of the wallet, while Sia-UI is a visual interface to interact with siad.exe. (If you were using a command line interface instead of the UI, you would be using siac.exe to interact with siad instead of the UI, but if you are a basic user, don't mess with this)

If you just need to keep your coins, you don't need to keep a backup of the wallet file. The only thing you need is the wallet seed that was generated when you created the wallet (the sequence of words). Keep that seed pasted in a document or printed in paper. The seed is the only thing needed to recover your funds in a different computer

Siacoins price has been plummeting over the last week. This is unusual considering the obselisk is set to release in less than 3 days. What is going on?

Speculators doing their usual thing. Nothing more, nothing less. Many other cryptos including BTC are having the same trend
Activity: 80
June 25, 2017, 06:58:24 PM
Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
June 25, 2017, 02:36:36 PM
hi

thanks
Activity: 292
Merit: 252
I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.
June 25, 2017, 02:23:29 PM

Jump to: