Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 244. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
June 22, 2017, 05:19:47 AM
Hi, tell me please, how restore old wallet v0.3.3.3 to the new?

In the command line of the UI type "siac wallet load 033x (path of your wallet)"

is it true Nebolous labs gets a cut (something around 3%) for each storage contract???  Huh Huh Huh Huh

Every file contract pays a fee of 3.9%. Those are paid to SiaFund holders. Only 10.000SF are available. 1200 were sold in an ICO. The rest is owned by the developers. It is an excellent way to encourage the devs to keep working for the success of the platform, as they'll have benefits only if Sia gets massive adoption.

It's an interesting information, didn't know that. It's great for motivate the developers, true.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 21, 2017, 08:35:16 PM

In the command line of the UI type "siac wallet load 033x (path of your wallet)"

is it true Nebolous labs gets a cut (something around 3%) for each storage contract???  Huh Huh Huh Huh

Every file contract pays a fee of 3.9%. Those are paid to SiaFund holders. Only 10.000SF are available. 1200 were sold in an ICO. The rest is owned by the developers. It is an excellent way to encourage the devs to keep working for the success of the platform, as they'll have benefits only if Sia gets massive adoption.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
June 21, 2017, 08:31:29 PM
is it true Nebolous labs gets a cut (something around 3%) for each storage contract???  Huh Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 31
June 21, 2017, 08:29:22 PM
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 21, 2017, 08:12:42 PM
Lol, I'm talking about the sia wallet sync, which is taking forever and I can't access to the siacoins I sent from bittrex. From the previous page:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19675020

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19675870

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19677884

I could have sold the siacoins when the price was higher to buy some more Shift and get more profit than what I'm getting right now with SC (which is giving me zero profit right now, and I'm actually losing money since I sent them to the wallet), and maybe later I could buy some SC again with said profits, but I just can't because their sh*tty wallet needs an eternity to sync and in the meanwhile I can't access to my SC. I don't even know if my SC are in the wallet because I can't see the balance until the wallet is synchronized, but I guess they are there because they are not in Bittrex since I sent them.

If I had known that the sync could take this long, I would have never sent the SC to the wallet and I would have kept them in Bittrex until the sync was done, but nowhere in their site they warn that the sync can take such a long time and that in the meanwhile you just can't access your SC.

I bought the SC as a long term investment, but after this, as soon as the wallet is sync, I don't care what they announce this friday, I'll sell all my SC and will never look back, because it's not normal having to wait for DAYS until the wallet is sync and that in the meanwhile you can't access you SC and that this is not warned anywhere in their site.  Sad

Downloading the blockchain on a HDD takes about 3 days. If you need to speed it up, use SSDs instead, and it will be only a few hors. It is an intesnsive process,a s every block has to be validated. Just relax and wait.

And stop blaming the software because it is your bad entirely. The question of "How long does it take to sync the blockchain" is asked every couple of days here. If you have checked previous pages you'll have seen the answer dozens of times. If you were a "long-term investor" as you mentioned, why selling so fast?. If you are a short-term speculator, why withdrawing from the exchange? If you wanted to withdraw, nevertheless, why didn't you did your part and investigate a bit about the coin before?

So this news that they might release some sort of ASIC specially built for SIA, this will speed up the blocks right? Will that cause them to be more rare when it reaches the point that there is less coins per block to be mined?
No, you are not understanding the principles of mining in crypto-currencies. If global hashing power increases, the protocol increases the difficulty so the average block time remains constant: 10 minutes

Does Sia Coin support running on a Raspberry Pi?!
64-bit machines are required. 8Gb RAM recommended. Far far away from the possibilities of a RPi, sorry. If you want a cheap 24/7 machine for hosting, why not an Intel NUC instead? ;-)
Activity: 147
June 21, 2017, 07:02:19 PM
I've read about sia ASIC. Is there any ETA? I'd like to buy one actually Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2354
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
June 21, 2017, 06:40:21 PM
Any news ?

Further news on Friday, I guess.
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
June 21, 2017, 05:16:19 PM
Any news ?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 21, 2017, 04:47:47 PM
Siacoin is a good coin and very underrated by the end of the year I think it will come to good prices, slowly but surely evolves so do not expect any major changes in him
Activity: 21
June 21, 2017, 04:30:41 PM
So this news that they might release some sort of ASIC specially built for SIA, this will speed up the blocks right? Will that cause them to be more rare when it reaches the point that there is less coins per block to be mined?

Who cares. It should hit .00001 by the end of the month. Here's the TA: https://www.coinigy.com/assets/img/charts/594ad678c5922.png
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
June 21, 2017, 04:24:30 PM
Activity: 184
June 21, 2017, 04:08:36 PM
I dont know ... its place 13 on coinmarketcap based on "market cap".
first is bitcoin with 44bn market cap, second is eth with 30bn

sia has 521 mio market cap right now
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
June 21, 2017, 03:46:14 PM
I really wonder how much more there is to gain for Sia, it is now at 0.01 cent with a total of 27 billion coins right?
June 21, 2017, 03:13:24 PM
Does Sia Coin support running on a Raspberry Pi?!
Activity: 28
June 21, 2017, 01:57:05 PM
One daye later, still at 59%. F*cking unbelievable.  Sad
Huh?

Last 24h was -7%.
What are you talking about?
Lol, I'm talking about the sia wallet sync, which is taking forever and I can't access to the siacoins I sent from bittrex. From the previous page:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19675020

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19675870

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19677884

I could have sold the siacoins when the price was higher to buy some more Shift and get more profit than what I'm getting right now with SC (which is giving me zero profit right now, and I'm actually losing money since I sent them to the wallet), and maybe later I could buy some SC again with said profits, but I just can't because their sh*tty wallet needs an eternity to sync and in the meanwhile I can't access to my SC. I don't even know if my SC are in the wallet because I can't see the balance until the wallet is synchronized, but I guess they are there because they are not in Bittrex since I sent them.

If I had known that the sync could take this long, I would have never sent the SC to the wallet and I would have kept them in Bittrex until the sync was done, but nowhere in their site they warn that the sync can take such a long time and that in the meanwhile you just can't access your SC.

I bought the SC as a long term investment, but after this, as soon as the wallet is sync, I don't care what they announce this friday, I'll sell all my SC and will never look back, because it's not normal having to wait for DAYS until the wallet is sync and that in the meanwhile you can't access you SC and that this is not warned anywhere in their site.  Sad

Activity: 26
June 21, 2017, 12:54:36 PM
[ SOURCE ]
https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6ig4i7/thread_for_questions_about_proof_of_work_asics/dj6l1w1/

https://image.prntscr.com/image/z7Am13ejQC6efomJzzNBnQ.png

Exactly our point, a 3rd party WILL eventually produce faster hashing chips and cheaper ASIC's and build their own mining farm if mining this becomes profitable, the race to becoming the biggest mining operation Wink
If it happens sooner then later, there could be the possibility of not getting a return on your investment either.  I remember when guys were buying ASIC miners for Bitcoin, by the time they received them and started to use them after waiting for backlog and delays from manufacturer they were already at a loss on ROI of their purchase because the difficulty rate increased with all the ASIC mining activity too quickly while other 3rd parties had already developed and were mining ahead of others with  faster hashing ASIC's with better power consumption reducing costs and were already mining for themselves ( they were paid for pre-orders and used for themselves to self profit ) then they ship them late to their customers, and repeat the process once they develop faster ASIC's while always making profit.

I know you can't possibly control how other companies practice but anything that can make a quick profit will encourage greed which will lead to an unfair monopoly. Safest play would be to just buy as much siacoin as you can now while it's cheap if you believe in the project to be successful rather then taking the riskier road to ASIC mining with cloud rented or purchased ASIC's, the little guy always loses out its been proven with all ASIC mining coins once the big players take over which sadly happens.

Maybe Sia should implement digishield to prevent this sort of thing from happening at such a drastic rate.

http://digiconomist.net/digishield_misunderstandings/

June 21, 2017, 12:46:45 PM
One daye later, still at 59%. F*cking unbelievable.  Sad
Huh?

Last 24h was -7%.
What are you talking about?
Activity: 28
June 21, 2017, 12:32:36 PM
One daye later, still at 59%. F*cking unbelievable.  Sad
June 21, 2017, 11:30:33 AM
Does SIA Client run on a Raspberry Pi (for hosting)? All sources I found on the internet say its not possible because Raspberry Pi is not 64 bit and so on ...
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
June 21, 2017, 08:44:55 AM
[ SOURCE ]
https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6ig4i7/thread_for_questions_about_proof_of_work_asics/dj6l1w1/

Exactly our point, a 3rd party WILL eventually produce faster hashing chips and cheaper ASIC's and build their own mining farm if mining this becomes profitable, the race to becoming the biggest mining operation Wink
If it happens sooner then later, there could be the possibility of not getting a return on your investment either.  I remember when guys were buying ASIC miners for Bitcoin, by the time they received them and started to use them after waiting for backlog and delays from manufacturer they were already at a loss on ROI of their purchase because the difficulty rate increased with all the ASIC mining activity too quickly while other 3rd parties had already developed and were mining ahead of others with  faster hashing ASIC's with better power consumption reducing costs and were already mining for themselves ( they were paid for pre-orders and used for themselves to self profit ) then they ship them late to their customers, and repeat the process once they develop faster ASIC's while always making profit.

I know you can't possibly control how other companies practice but anything that can make a quick profit will encourage greed which will lead to an unfair monopoly. Safest play would be to just buy as much siacoin as you can now while it's cheap if you believe in the project to be successful rather then taking the riskier road to ASIC mining with cloud rented or purchased ASIC's, the little guy always loses out its been proven with all ASIC mining coins once the big players take over which sadly happens.
Jump to: