Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 246. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536
June 20, 2017, 01:30:31 AM
why sia bumping now  Huh
Fomo for the big announcement friday?

ya i think you are right .. smth is coming on friday according to there twitter page too...   Cheesy Cheesy

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/876805824160690182
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
June 20, 2017, 01:27:44 AM
cant seem to get the wallet to load at all. Just says loading can take a while after updating to a new version. I didnt update though...had just finished syncing too :/
Activity: 326
Merit: 256
June 20, 2017, 01:13:39 AM
why sia bumping now  Huh
Fomo for the big announcement friday?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 20, 2017, 12:52:41 AM

What a sad day, Sia's marketcap is x10 times higher than Storj   Roll Eyes
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 19, 2017, 10:51:31 PM
So the release on Friday is obelisk or another thing?
Activity: 176
June 19, 2017, 09:26:26 PM
Can u teach me how can i mine this coin?
Activity: 747
Merit: 253
June 19, 2017, 08:24:19 PM
Sia just broke a 120 btc wall and now jumping up!!
Fly little one, flyyyyyyyy

Greets Hank
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 19, 2017, 06:58:37 PM
I've got the wallet fully synced on one computer. Is there a folder I can copy to my laptop to get it in sync quicker. Don't want to wait 3 days again.

Yes, you can copy/paste the consensus folder. It is not located on the folder you de-compress from the zip, but in a different place. In Windows, it is in Users/your_user/appdata/roaming/sia

It will have to validate the blockchain in the new computer, but it will be just some hours, instead of days

i've never had to wait more than 45 minutes to sync. even from fresh install. running macbook pro 2011 ssd. could be non windows is faster, or it's the ssd?

Right, on SSDs it is blazing fast. But on HDDs will take up to 2-3 days

I think there is a trick to sync it quicker with a download file, not too sure of the details.

Maybe you can ask on the sia reddit?? IM sure they would know there I have seen someone have a similar slow issue

Fornax, a very reputable user, keeps a repository of consensus.db files for downloading: https://forum.sia.tech/topic/155/consensus-db-downloads You can simple use the latest one.

Also, tech-savvy users can use a RAM-disk to download and validate the blockchain in just a few minutes. But that is out of the reach of average users
Activity: 224
June 19, 2017, 05:53:43 PM
I've got the wallet fully synced on one computer. Is there a folder I can copy to my laptop to get it in sync quicker. Don't want to wait 3 days again.

I think there is a trick to sync it quicker with a download file, not too sure of the details.

Maybe you can ask on the sia reddit?? IM sure they would know there I have seen someone have a similar slow issue
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 19, 2017, 04:53:19 PM
i've never had to wait more than 45 minutes to sync. even from fresh install. running macbook pro 2011 ssd. could be non windows is faster, or it's the ssd?
I installed it several hours ago in a Windows 10 laptop and it's still at 27%. XD
Activity: 712
Merit: 500
June 19, 2017, 03:28:37 PM
Activity: 26
June 19, 2017, 02:51:25 PM
June 19, 2017, 02:49:47 PM
Another question: How long it takes until the coins appear in the wallet? I sent a few from Bittrex and I see nothing in the wallet yet, it just says it's synchronizing, which is taking like forever.

"Your wallet is not synced, balances are not final."

I guess I have to wait until it's synced for the coins to appear?

You wont see any balance until the wallet is synced.
Ok, thanks again.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
June 19, 2017, 02:48:23 PM
Another question: How long it takes until the coins appear in the wallet? I sent a few from Bittrex and I see nothing in the wallet yet, it just says it's synchronizing, which is taking like forever.

You wont see any balance until the wallet is synced.
June 19, 2017, 02:12:10 PM

June 19, 2017, 01:22:51 PM
It's not possible to copy or paste anything in the sia wallet?  Huh

I wanted to copy the seed to somewhere safe and I just couldn't, so I had to type the whole thing, and then I had to type it again to confirm the creation of the wallet, and I don't mind to do some typing even if it shouldn't be necessary, but now I want to send some siacoins to my wallet and I just can't copy the address, do I have to type the whole freaking address everytime I want to make any movements to my wallet or viceversa?  Huh

I guess I can't use mew with this coin, right? XD

I am able to copy and paste in the SIA wallet. Just use the keyboard shortcuts and not right cliking with your mouse.

No you cannot use MEW for this coin as it is not an Ether token.
Thanks, that worked. I'm used to copy with the mouse, never with the keyboard.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
June 19, 2017, 01:20:36 PM

I wanted to copy the seed to somewhere safe and I just couldn't, so I had to type the whole thing, and then I had to type it again to confirm the creation of the wallet, and I don't mind to do some typing even if it shouldn't be necessary, but now I want to send some siacoins to my wallet and I just can't copy the address, do I have to type the whole freaking address everytime I want to make any movements to my wallet or viceversa?  Huh

I am able to copy and paste in the SIA wallet. Just use the keyboard shortcuts and not right cliking with your mouse.

No you cannot use MEW for this coin as it is not an Ether token.
June 19, 2017, 01:05:39 PM

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
June 19, 2017, 11:16:42 AM
For those interested in obelisk info, there is now a page on the sia wiki about it. 

https://siawiki.tech/development/obelisk
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
June 19, 2017, 06:32:22 AM
All these are fake FUD posted to affect the price and people to take gain

dont fall for the fudders here

on slack Taek has said many times that no one bought Sia, and it is never will be bought by another company
they are working for a new release soon
Jump to: