Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 293. (Read 1382191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
November 22, 2016, 04:01:44 PM
MineBox is coming ...
legendary
Activity: 1206
November 22, 2016, 01:32:52 AM
If anyone else recognizes the massive upside potential with Sia and would like to show support by adding a signature to your btctalk account, please feel free to use the signatures posted below.  

Currently, I have created a couple variations of sigs that can be used by Senior, Hero or Legendary members. If you are a Member or Full Member and want to sport a Sia sig, I will gladly get them coded.

Members and Full Members, please send me a PM, if interested Wink

Below are the two variations for Sr, hero and legendary. For some reason, in the examples below, there is an extra space between | and sia. tech, but it shouldn't show up once you copy/paste the code. Not sure why it's displaying the additional space

|
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 21, 2016, 08:42:43 AM
Thanks again for the help

I tried : https://siatalk.slack.com/

But it didnt show me how to register, and my normal slack pw didnt let me in.

If you let me know how to join or send an invite to [email protected] I'll drop by!

hmmm, strange. can you try: https://slackin.sia.tech/
afaik, each slack group needs it's own registration.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 21, 2016, 08:34:57 AM
Thanks again for the help

I tried : https://siatalk.slack.com/

But it didnt show me how to register, and my normal slack pw didnt let me in.

If you let me know how to join or send an invite to [email protected] I'll drop by!
November 21, 2016, 08:30:05 AM
Thanks for a great project.

I am having trouble unlocking my wallet.

I get "Unlocking your wallet, this may take a while (up to several minutes)..."

It worked for me once, but now after several hours waiting still no new message.

Version is 1.03 downloaded freshly yesterday, running in a custom location

No output in the console even with DEBUG=*

@melvster: do you use the UI or the command line tool? Also, which OS? And are you fully synced? The wallet should not be unlocked before you are fully synced. Well, it's possible to do but there could be problems.

If that does not help: close everything and make sure that all the processes are shut down (reboot your PC maybe). Then, run siad in a command line tool. Wait until you are fully synced and then try unlocking with 'siac wallet unlock'. It should start rescanning the consensus set, this takes a while (maybe 10min). See if there are any outputs/errors.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Ubuntu 16.04 running the UI "Sia-UI" from the command line.

It is synced fully, I did see my coins were updated yesterday, but on restarting the wallet, there wallet unlock is freezed (i have it running now for 2 hours, I'll leave it going some more)

No input/output errors in the console even when I use DEBUG=* ;

I tried writing in irc, but didnt yet can an answer.  I'd by happy to drop in to slack if you give me an invite

Im a programmer and coin developer, that can follow instructions, is there some way to do more diagnotics?

ok. Unfortunately i don't know Linux so well and i don't use the UI  Cheesy
so it would be best to come to Slack, there we should be able to solve it or find someone who can help. Slack should be open without invite.
November 21, 2016, 08:19:42 AM

It worked for me once, but now after several hours waiting still no new message.

@melvster: do you use the UI or the command line tool? Also, which OS? And are you fully synced? The wallet should not be unlocked before you are fully synced. Well, it's possible to do but there could be problems.

If that does not help: close everything and make sure that all the processes are shut down (reboot your PC maybe). Then, run siad in a command line tool. Wait until you are fully synced and then try unlocking with 'siac wallet unlock'. It should start rescanning the consensus set, this takes a while (maybe 10min). See if there are any outputs/errors.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Ubuntu 16.04 running the UI "Sia-UI" from the command line.

It is synced fully, I did see my coins were updated yesterday, but on restarting the wallet, there wallet unlock is freezed (i have it running now for 2 hours, I'll leave it going some more)

No input/output errors in the console even when I use DEBUG=* ;

I tried writing in irc, but didnt yet can an answer.  I'd by happy to drop in to slack if you give me an invite

Im a programmer and coin developer, that can follow instructions, is there some way to do more diagnotics?
November 21, 2016, 06:49:04 AM

November 21, 2016, 06:29:50 AM

Activity: 51
November 20, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
I haven't had a single problem with the current client; dunno what you're going on about, adamvp.
legendary
November 20, 2016, 02:25:33 PM

Let the new version come! Current is useless :/

why useless? it's working well for me. i'm hosting already 130GB of data and more is coming in every day...
what one of my friends state:
- problems with: synchronization, blocked wallet, constat freezes etc..

Hmmm, that does not sound like the latest version. stability has improved a lot lately. he should join slack or the forum, we can help get it running.

@adamvp: For future reference, it may be better to only voice feedback which comes from your own direct experience with the technology.  Stories from quote/unquote friends rarely end up being truthful.  

Like @betaboot suggested, you and your friend should join slack and get some assistance from the people whom, as we speak, are using the technology successfully.  You'll find there are many devoted sia peeps, including devs, who will give you all the support you need Smiley
November 20, 2016, 12:40:56 PM

why useless? it's working well for me. i'm hosting already 130GB of data and more is coming in every day...

Hmmm, that does not sound like the latest version. stability has improved a lot lately. he should join slack or the forum, we can help get it running.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
November 20, 2016, 12:27:19 PM
any updates from the team? thanks

There was a tweet about a new version coming soon: https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/799720587333685248

Activity: 308
November 20, 2016, 12:25:01 PM
SIA forever looking for its bottom
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
November 20, 2016, 12:18:59 PM

I agree and fully suport this suggestion. Also, I think it is good to have a reboot? but maybe it is a tedious work for the devs.Looking forward for the new version. Hopefully next year.
November 20, 2016, 12:02:00 PM

There was a tweet about a new version coming soon: https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/799720587333685248

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
November 20, 2016, 11:59:20 AM

nice updates and it seems that there's some anticipation regarding to possible price jump better to buy more while its really on a downfall and trying to move up hope we will see the value back to 50 and up, good luck dev.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
November 20, 2016, 11:42:00 AM

Activity: 678
Merit: 500
November 20, 2016, 02:55:37 AM

that is great. thanks for the info .
legendary
November 19, 2016, 02:30:26 PM
Any chance of a block chain download, the day wait on most of these long chains would make most turn away from actual use & time spent testing?

Assuming you're referring to an available bootstrap file? I don't believe one exists afaik.  

I'm actually the exact opposite when it comes to downloading blockchains. I enjoy the anticipation that accumulates while I'm waiting to test something out. It's not like you have to sit idle, while waiting, either.

That's one of the beautiful things about crypto though......nobody is making you do any of it.  To each his own. Although, I hope you do take the time to test Sia out Smiley
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org