Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 81. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
March 28, 2018, 05:01:37 AM
https://s14.postimg.org/wwzh3b1a9/Poloneix.png

Poloniex issue is solved guys Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 02:47:18 AM
what with price in near future? we will see 2k in the june?

It will increase you need not bothering about the price, if you have the ability to wait for longer then the price will automatically increase in the market. I see Sia coin has huge potential but now a days there are many good coins generating more huge volumes.
Activity: 158
March 28, 2018, 02:20:58 AM
what with price in near future? we will see 2k in the june?
Activity: 5
March 28, 2018, 01:15:47 AM
https://s14.postimg.org/wwzh3b1a9/Poloneix.png

Poloniex issue is solved guys   Smiley
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
March 27, 2018, 05:35:31 PM
How long does syncing take?

The blockchain is currently 10GB big (https://www.siastats.info/blockchain_size)

To fully sync, it will require a few hours (less than 10) if you are using a SSD disk (not mechanical) or 2-3 days if you are using a HDD (spinning mechanical disks)
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
March 27, 2018, 04:49:04 PM
How is your project differ from the others?

read the wihtepaper & the roadmap and compare it to storj & others
simple as that

first make your own impression of the project than we can discuss

Regards.
Activity: 266
March 27, 2018, 12:28:38 PM
How is your project differ from the others?
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
March 27, 2018, 11:56:33 AM
Reading through the thread I’ve decided to join in buying some coins.
How long does syncing take?
Activity: 98
March 27, 2018, 11:04:39 AM
https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Siacoin+%28SC%29&SortBy=0
Hey Sia have so good news in the end of March. File Contract Upgrade, File Recovery System, Simple File Sharing. I guess coin have a good future.
Activity: 112
March 27, 2018, 04:31:29 AM
Video streaming over localhost will be released in Sia v1.3.3, our next update!
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
March 27, 2018, 02:18:57 AM
Looks like this prject is going quite well atm , good job!

This project was always a good project, & it will be awesome after this Bitcoin fall..... Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
March 27, 2018, 12:52:47 AM
I have invested huge amount in sia after seeing its breakout on hardfork, But sia disappointing me

This is all because BTC is falling sharply.
If the BTC price is stable I am sure SIA will reach the highest price in history.  Cheesy
Activity: 196
March 26, 2018, 07:00:09 PM
I have invested huge amount in sia after seeing its breakout on hardfork, But sia disappointing me

These kind of breakouts are very short-lived and are based on misunderstandings (like getting an additional coin). Anyway, everybody in these markets have bought and saw the price go down. When buying or selling try to ladder and not go all in.

Or maybe it was just a pump from some group.
Their effect gets multiplied with the news about the hardfork
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
March 26, 2018, 04:19:31 PM

These kind of breakouts are very short-lived and are based on misunderstandings (like getting an additional coin). Anyway, everybody in these markets have bought and saw the price go down. When buying or selling try to ladder and not go all in.
Activity: 40
March 26, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
Hello! What is the distribution of remuneration for the provision of space on your hard drive?

You setup your own pricing. However, as it is a competitive marketplace, you'll want to stay around the average prices to get file contracts. You can check the pricing of the the top 100 hosts (in score terms) in the second table of this page: https://siastats.info/hosts_network

Hello, I do not know if it's the right place ...But anybody knows when sia wallet will be ok on Poloniex or nobody cares?

Two weeks ago the software version 1.3.2 was released, including a wallet fix aimed to exchanges. So right now Poloniex just have to update. Apparently, the Circle team (the company that recently purchased Poloniex) is handling the testing and update of their wallets. They should be back online very soon

For those running the sia backbone for storage, how it exists now, how is the interface? Is it working ok?

Anything of note coming to help you guys with this process soon?

Just lurking, not running any of this, just wondering if the interface has improved to at least

toss any comments of note to us NOT doing any of this...just seeing how this part of sia-tech's plan is working (or not so much)

brad

Hi, i run a host for now o er a year. Works without issues.

I've been running two host machines for a year too without any special issue. You might like the UI or not, but it works. Moreover, most of the hosts don't even use the UI for hosting and just rely in the Daemon, the Command Line Interface, as it is not so difficult to use (you are going to use 5 commands or less all the time) and consumes much less computer resources.
Great. Kindly words like these will help angry people to calm down. Thanks Hakkane.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
March 26, 2018, 03:33:11 PM
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
March 26, 2018, 09:37:14 AM

For those running the sia backbone for storage, how it exists now, how is the interface? Is it working ok?

Just lurking, not running any of this, just wondering if the interface has improved to at least

toss any comments of note to us NOT doing any of this...just seeing how this part of sia-tech's plan is working (or not so much)

brad

lol ya i've seen the interface and it does work..seems buggy as fvck for having raised so much $$$ :\ *i'm inclined to fork it and restart the blockchain from scratch!! Wink ha
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
March 26, 2018, 09:22:42 AM
Hello! What is the distribution of remuneration for the provision of space on your hard drive?

You setup your own pricing. However, as it is a competitive marketplace, you'll want to stay around the average prices to get file contracts. You can check the pricing of the the top 100 hosts (in score terms) in the second table of this page: https://siastats.info/hosts_network

Hello, I do not know if it's the right place ...But anybody knows when sia wallet will be ok on Poloniex or nobody cares?

Two weeks ago the software version 1.3.2 was released, including a wallet fix aimed to exchanges. So right now Poloniex just have to update. Apparently, the Circle team (the company that recently purchased Poloniex) is handling the testing and update of their wallets. They should be back online very soon

brad

Hi, i run a host for now o er a year. Works without issues.

I've been running two host machines for a year too without any special issue. You might like the UI or not, but it works. Moreover, most of the hosts don't even use the UI for hosting and just rely in the Daemon, the Command Line Interface, as it is not so difficult to use (you are going to use 5 commands or less all the time) and consumes much less computer resources.
Activity: 189
Merit: 12
March 26, 2018, 07:54:42 AM

i'm close to launching a time warp attack using my commodore 64!! :-D weee

Sia's wallet has a 1990s feel to it, the Commodore Pet is from the 1970s, and both are green. So, they definitely have a lot in common - a couple of geriatrics trying to re-live their lost youth. LOL! Wink OK, maybe I'm being a bit unfair on Sia - I actually like its old-worldly feel!

Computers have come a long way since the Pet's days, but they've also become very impersonal - and then there's Windows! Gary Kildall would have given us a far superior OS had Gates not been such an expert backstabber. Sad
Activity: 186
March 26, 2018, 07:40:26 AM
Pages:
Jump to: