Author

Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine - page 129. (Read 823858 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
look cryptopia has delisted 5 coins lately due to wallet issues so its not just sigt thats the issue.

They were a small exchange that grew larger quickly and they themselves seem to have scaling issues and problems.

Yes- they grew very fast over the last four months and that would have made responding to thousands of angry and impatient customers difficult. When I spoke to some of the admins they said that their support staff had received hundreds of abusive support tickets so were on edge. These are people with feelings. Sending abuse to support staff aint't going to hurry things up. I've been called all sorts of things by SIGT community for just trying to rationally explain things. I don't even work for 'topia so i can imagine how their support staff feel.

Support staff need to focus on issues that they can do something about - there are more customers than just those that have their coin stuck.

I know that they work closely with a very large IT company (in the same building) so scaling is not an issue. I also know the main developers of the site have a lot of experience working on large scale projects from their previous jobs. I doubt that scaling of their website played a part in it.

They tried to sync the wallets but after a week they would stop syncing. When a wallet isn't made for enterprise size transactions it takes a long time to sync.

I think they explained it quite well here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

They even said in their letter that sigt dev was at their building trying to help and checking in, then in the same breath blammed everyone, even the community on the reason for the delisting.

Other than the visit to the offices to look there was no assistance that I know of that the SIGT team provided. (I don't know everything because I have only spoken to them about it)

Why is there no info about it on the signatum.io website ? If the coin DEVs were involved why didn't they communicate to their community ?

They took absolutely no blame for anything and threw it off on everyone else. For a month they had issues with the wallet and when anyone asked what was going on they said nothing, just a syncing issue, will be back online soon. Maybe they should have been truthful and trasnparent about the issues and the community wouldnt have been pissed off.

It was syncing and then after syncing for a week it became corrupted.  
While it is syncing there is not a lot you can do other than wait. It was explained on the wallet what was happening - not quite sure what more they could have said.
I would imagine that IF I was a DEV for a coin - I would have been liaising with the company and informing the community. How much info did the SIGT team provide ?
It is up to the coin DEV to fix a wallet. If Cryptopia modifies the wallet and the coins are lost then they become liable.

They cant go around laying blame on everyone when they had a hand in the problem. No of us told them to lie to the people who keep them afloat by trading on their site, they did that all on their own.
What did they lie about ?

And like most retailers, exhanges, business, etc that get cocky and think they are above everyone, they will feel it in their net losses when people choose to trade somewhere else. Maybe this will be a lesson they need to learn about communicating with the people who help pay their salaries and bills.

This is where you are so mistaken. Cryptopia isn't all about profit. It is a team of people that are really passionate about Crypto. They are all about building a secure trading platform and are very risk adverse. I doubt that they see a drop in profits as an issue if it makes their exchange more secure and trouble free. Not everyone is driven by greed. Cryptopia was the only exchange to drop ETH after the DAO hack - that would have cost them - it was only after long discussions that it was re-listed.

As a client I have built up a good rapport with them and they (and some of the other clients) have taught me so much about crypto, how to avoid scams, how to watch out for pumps and dumps and how an exchange works. There is also a core group of loyal customers from when the exchange was tiny - that are upset with the SIGT community for slagging off at their exchange,  faking support tickets and spreading lies.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
DeepOnion ♡
Great news for today is MNs!!!!

http://signatum.news/interview/voice-meeting-on-discord-masternodes.html

Doc said Masternodes will be on testing soon ..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just relax and Hold ur Siggies !
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Here's what Cryptopia is telling folks that open support tickets asking where deposits are:

The SIGT network seem to be having issues with the volume now also, block explorers are down intermittently and the main site has also crashed. We have invested 3 developers and sharded the SIGT wallet across 8 servers in order to get it up and running. There are still periodic withdrawal issues however we are working hard to keep the wallet up.

To help you get a faster resolution:

1) DO NOT make any deposits of SIGT to your Cryptopia address. Pending deposits will be processed as soon as we can.
2) If you have made a withdrawal please allow up to 72 hours for it to propogate through the network before logging another ticket.
3) Markets will remain closed so please cancel any open orders, you can only withdraw you cannot trade; https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Trades
4) During the sharding process we had to move some funds from our wallet into one of the other 7 wallets so your balance on the Block Explorer for you address may be incorrect. Please check your user balances page for an accurate balance. You will be able to withdraw your balance as normal when the wallet is working.

We will not complete the delist process until users have had a fair opportunity to withdraw.

Last but not least please, please, refrain from logging multiple tickets as this is putting unnecessary strain on our support team(s). We love talking with you guys, gals and they's but it does make it more difficult to get your issues resolved when we are flooded with tickets ;-)

Deposits are apparently still not enabled.

SIGT deposits to Cryptopia wouldn't be working. They're delisting SIGT & people have about a month to get their SIGT out.
Activity: 364
spattered throughout the golden ethers
Here's what Cryptopia is telling folks that open support tickets asking where deposits are:

The SIGT network seem to be having issues with the volume now also, block explorers are down intermittently and the main site has also crashed. We have invested 3 developers and sharded the SIGT wallet across 8 servers in order to get it up and running. There are still periodic withdrawal issues however we are working hard to keep the wallet up.

To help you get a faster resolution:

1) DO NOT make any deposits of SIGT to your Cryptopia address. Pending deposits will be processed as soon as we can.
2) If you have made a withdrawal please allow up to 72 hours for it to propogate through the network before logging another ticket.
3) Markets will remain closed so please cancel any open orders, you can only withdraw you cannot trade; https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Trades
4) During the sharding process we had to move some funds from our wallet into one of the other 7 wallets so your balance on the Block Explorer for you address may be incorrect. Please check your user balances page for an accurate balance. You will be able to withdraw your balance as normal when the wallet is working.

We will not complete the delist process until users have had a fair opportunity to withdraw.

Last but not least please, please, refrain from logging multiple tickets as this is putting unnecessary strain on our support team(s). We love talking with you guys, gals and they's but it does make it more difficult to get your issues resolved when we are flooded with tickets ;-)

Deposits are apparently still not enabled.
Activity: 462
Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.
Don't forget that they also delisted Sia coin, so even Sia has problems? don't think so...
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=SC_BTC

SIA has problem that even the DEVs  have admitted to and tied to resolve.
https://blog.sia.tech/growing-pains-8e7b01c56f7e

look cryptopia has delisted 5 coins lately due to wallet issues so its not just sigt thats the issue. They were a small exchange that grew larger quickly and they themselves seem to have scaling issues and problems. They even said in their letter that sigt dev was at their building trying to help and checking in, then in the same breath blammed everyone, even the community on the reason for the delisting. They took absolutely no blame for anything and threw it off on everyone else. For a month they had issues with the wallet and when anyone asked what was going on they said nothing, just a syncing issue, will be back online soon. Maybe they should have been truthful and trasnparent about the issues and the community wouldnt have been pissed off. They cant go around laying blame on everyone when they had a hand in the problem. No of us told them to lie to the people who keep them afloat by trading on their site, they did that all on their own. And like most retailers, exhanges, business, etc that get cocky and think they are above everyone, they will feel it in their net losses when people choose to trade somewhere else. Maybe this will be a lesson they need to learn about communicating with the people who help pay their salaries and bills.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
Don't forget that they also delisted Sia coin, so even Sia has problems? don't think so...

SIA has problem that even the DEVs  have admitted to and tied to resolve.
https://blog.sia.tech/growing-pains-8e7b01c56f7e

Sia VP Zach Herbert said (quote) :
" This is our fault. We made the decision two years ago to cap the transaction pool at 2 MB, due to significant performance issues above that size, and postponed the engineering work that would allow for a larger pool."

Activity: 87
any news on nova wallet in maintenance?  Tongue
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
New Signatum pool  (2% fee): (skunk) (in test mode)
http://lpool.name/

-o stratum+tcp://lpool.name:8633 -u -p c=SIGT

Bounty/Donate: BQEJ4nXoDsWgD9SXYNGfyrdw45oS1PEVig (SIGT)

Node list: http://lpool.name/explorer/peers?id=1776
Explorer: http://lpool.name/explorer/SIGT

ps: pool not yet tested, but will be soon.

It does not work, 3 days with 770mhs and did not find a block.
Poor pool

http://ufc200.co/poor_pool.jpg
Activity: 38
Have any of you guys tried buying SIGT off the Bizture exchange?  Are they legit?  Please let me know.

Bitzure is scam
Thanks.  I was tempted to buy some SIGT from them for 1.9 cents and then sell it on Yobit for 3 cents.  I was wondering why there was such a difference in price.  Now I know the reason.  I appreciate the info, you just saved me some coins. Smiley
Activity: 98
Have any of you guys tried buying SIGT off the Bizture exchange?  Are they legit?  Please let me know.

Bitzure is scam
Activity: 38
Activity: 82
Activity: 138
GUYS..

DOCTOR SAID THEY ARE WAITING FOR PPL TO WITHDRAW THEIR SIGTS FROM THEIR WALLETS SO THEY CAN CONTINUE WITH THEIR WORK!

DO IT NOW !

I think you might need to be a tad more specific.  Where, other than a wallet, can one even STORE SIGT at this point?

You must have meant to say 'withdraw from Cryptopia's wallet'... no?

From the webwallet
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
I really don't get all the name calling and insults directed at cryptopia, they are an exchange, and they did simple maintenance. Yet when this coin seems to have broke with that work done it's all somehow that cryptopia is "jealous" or trying to hurt the coin for some unknown reason. Then when someone tries to explain what they are seeing, it's all childish name calling and "cryptopia fanboi" as if it's terrible to say anything bad at this coin. What I don't get is how anyone could be defending this coin like it's so great or whatever with old and outdated code from years ago and a github that seems to show little to no work done by this "dev" I don't know the whole story here as either it's people getting butthurt and nerd raging about this coin having problems, or it's either people are worried and acting childish with the name calling and blame game that it's anyone or anything else's fault this is happening cause they are losing money, OR it all coming from just 1 guy with many accounts with too big an ego to allow anyone to call this coin less then "perfect".

In any case, seeing what I saw on youtube with this dev constantly using curse words to describe stuff and also the name calling in this thread when evidence is provided, I can safely say I'm glad I did my own due diligence and got out of this coin before the basic implosion that is going on.

to anyone willing to listen, if you lost money on this coin, then just take the loss like a man and move on, find a better project to deal with next time.

People like the idea behind this coin, and while it's not something exceptional or especially radical, it has as much credibility/or lack thereof, as most of the non-top 20 coins. The lack of ICO and pre-mine, with a rapid switch to PoS is quite attractive if given a chance to unfold - and given the age of this project, it seems fairly mature compared to some that have been around much longer.

As far as Cryptopia goes, do a little digging and you’ll see it’s not just Signatum that they’re f’ing up on, as powergecko just pointed out. People are justifiably angry.

With any crypto, don't invest more than you can afford to lose. If it moons great, if it flops, you've lost your beer money.
Activity: 254
Merit: 110
no. he is talking about online wallet. in order for them carry on what they need to do, the online  wallet (https://wallet.signatum.io/) need to be empty so it can be upgraded for the next stage of development.

That is still more specific than saying 'withdraw from your wallet'.  I have a wallet.  On my desktop.  No need for me to do anything other than hold my coins.
Activity: 98
They also delisted Siacoin because they said it has problem with its wallet lol
Activity: 80
I really don't get all the name calling and insults directed at cryptopia, they are an exchange, and they did simple maintenance. Yet when this coin seems to have broke with that work done it's all somehow that cryptopia is "jealous" or trying to hurt the coin for some unknown reason. Then when someone tries to explain what they are seeing, it's all childish name calling and "cryptopia fanboi" as if it's terrible to say anything bad at this coin. What I don't get is how anyone could be defending this coin like it's so great or whatever with old and outdated code from years ago and a github that seems to show little to no work done by this "dev" I don't know the whole story here as either it's people getting butthurt and nerd raging about this coin having problems, or it's either people are worried and acting childish with the name calling and blame game that it's anyone or anything else's fault this is happening cause they are losing money, OR it all coming from just 1 guy with many accounts with too big an ego to allow anyone to call this coin less then "perfect".

In any case, seeing what I saw on youtube with this dev constantly using curse words to describe stuff and also the name calling in this thread when evidence is provided, I can safely say I'm glad I did my own due diligence and got out of this coin before the basic implosion that is going on.

to anyone willing to listen, if you lost money on this coin, then just take the loss like a man and move on, find a better project to deal with next time.

OK. It's your opinion.
But why are you here? If you gave up with this coin then why are you posting here?

Btw. nobody knows what happened to this coin in future, so stop predict the future.
Activity: 58
no. he is talking about online wallet. in order for them carry on what they need to do, the online  wallet (https://wallet.signatum.io/) need to be empty so it can be upgraded for the next stage of development.
Activity: 34

Activity: 254
Merit: 110
GUYS..

DOCTOR SAID THEY ARE WAITING FOR PPL TO WITHDRAW THEIR SIGTS FROM THEIR WALLETS SO THEY CAN CONTINUE WITH THEIR WORK!

DO IT NOW !

I think you might need to be a tad more specific.  Where, other than a wallet, can one even STORE SIGT at this point?

You must have meant to say 'withdraw from Cryptopia's wallet'... no?
Jump to: