Author

Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine - page 253. (Read 823858 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 250
If the eventual goal of the marketplace site is to eliminate these middle men, how can we assure that the exchange of goods will be fine and not met with any possibility of being duped or scammed? Sorry I am new to crypto marketplaces but is there something similar to an escrow for these kind of market websites? You know to prevent from being scammed on both the merchant and the consumer side.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
I don't think it's been realized by the community the gravity of the situation now.  Case in point, I just sold a laptop earlier this week for $750.  Ebay took their cut, then paypal took theirs.  In the end I'll get less than $700 out of the sale.  This site eliminates those two middle-men and replaces them with the 0.15% fee paid by the buyer (stated on Marketplace homepage).  Depending on how quickly the devs can spruce up the site and add more functionality, as well as how far ahead of other cryptocurrencies they can remain, this could be huge!!

I just did a 30 second search for other marketplaces and Coinsen came up.  They accept multiple coins, but I see a whopping 7% seller fee plus a 1% withdraw plus miner fee.  That's right up there with Ebay+Paypal fees.

Also, nothing would stop an open-minded entrepreneur from starting a Tor site such as "Signatum Dark-Marketplace" that could easily replace all the others on the dark web.  The privacy is already built into SIGT like Bitcoin never was so a coin tumbler (and associated fees) would not be needed.  Methinks the future is bright (or "dark") for SIGT, I'm holding all my coins no matter what now.
So forgive the naive question... But what is the point of the whole privacy aspect, when in the end you'll be shipping a product to a name and an address? Is the whole selling point simply the fact that you can launder money through the marketplace? Or what am I missing here?
This applies to every e-commerce service out there. How else can a product be sent or received. Speaking about privacy in signatum, the official site says "The Signatum project offers full anonymity to users as a free selected service by offering completely anonymous nodes that do not track or forward origin IP addresses while utilizing TOR exit nodes to protect themselves. The websites and block chain explorers do not keep track of access logs (they have been disabled)". So there you go.  Wink

Dark web sites where goods are bought/sold go about this by using encryption for all messages which include sensitive information.  There are many tools out there for this type of thing.  One such tool that comes to mind is gpg4usb, but there are many.  A site would only need to provide the option of communication via encryption.  This is most conveniently done by a buyer/seller having a public encryption key so the party encrypting the message can make it only readable by the other party for which the public key is assigned (decrypted using their private key).
Activity: 314
Merit: 100
Among the other altcoins, is there a similar market like the SIGT market?
Activity: 9
Nice job on the Marketplace. browsing as i type  Grin
Activity: 676
Merit: 250
I like to ask, on this marketplace website. Can I sell digital goods even if I only own a signatum wallet and I don't have any signatum in my wallet? Maybe a stupid question but I would  like to clarify this. I will visit the site later on to chehk and most likely to participate.

Yes and Yes , welcome aboard Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
I like to ask, on this marketplace website. Can I sell digital goods even if I only own a signatum wallet and I don't have any signatum in my wallet? Maybe a stupid question but I would  like to clarify this. I will visit the site later on to chehk and most likely to participate.
Activity: 142
So forgive the naive question... But what is the point of the whole privacy aspect, when in the end you'll be shipping a product to a name and an address? Is the whole selling point simply the fact that you can launder money through the marketplace? Or what am I missing here?
This applies to every e-commerce service out there. How else can a product be sent or received. Speaking about privacy in signatum, the official site says "The Signatum project offers full anonymity to users as a free selected service by offering completely anonymous nodes that do not track or forward origin IP addresses while utilizing TOR exit nodes to protect themselves. The websites and block chain explorers do not keep track of access logs (they have been disabled)". So there you go.  Wink
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
So forgive the naive question... But what is the point of the whole privacy aspect, when in the end you'll be shipping a product to a name and an address? Is the whole selling point simply the fact that you can launder money into goods through the marketplace? Or what am I missing here?

While great to see the marketplace up and running, think I'm still in the camp of people that was glad to have cashed out near the tops (4500, then 1900 other day). Might start mining/trading again if I see price action reflect marketplace launch, but just not really convinced the coin is anything more than proof of concept and initial hype. I'm also mining with AMD, so it's much easier for me to decide to walk away from mining this coin haha.
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
I am from russia, I have a website working
And I don't. Russia is a large place))

We are at ~44,000, doing ~1k blocks a day, halving at 60,000, so ~16 days.
https://nodes.nullspam.ru/signatum/
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
Question:  Will the tor site contain items the standard site doesn't?  I referring to ::ahem:: things you normally find tor sites you don't find on normal sites.  I mean this is the reason BTC is and remains so popular. Can't find herb or anything similar on the internets, but can be found on the dark web with a little effort.

I just came in through the dark web. There are more products

https://ibb.co/gLCWhQ

Those are the same as what's available on the regular site.

I just listed an SSD on the site.  A few comments / bugs:

-Title only allows numbers, spaces and letters.  It doesn't warn you of this prior to trying to list.
-There's a size limit on the picture, no indication of this and no idea what this limit is.
-No details on shipping prices, times, etc.  I specified but no guarantee all sellers will.

Those are the bugs I encountered with the beta, but otherwise awesome concept.  Better buckle in, this coin is about to take off!

I might buy your ssd, i will have a closer look when i get home.  i live in usa. 
Activity: 14
Question:  Will the tor site contain items the standard site doesn't?  I referring to ::ahem:: things you normally find tor sites you don't find on normal sites.  I mean this is the reason BTC is and remains so popular. Can't find herb or anything similar on the internets, but can be found on the dark web with a little effort.
The official marketplace will not allow any illegal items to be listed, even while on tor.

So under which legilation is this official marketplace running? (no troll Grin but we all agree that theres very few if any state with THE answer to legal and illegal right? Roll Eyes)
Looks solid so far, need translations or we keepin it english for now?
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
Signatum Marketplace (BETA) is now live!
https://signatum.store - http://signatumllrf6vg6.onion/

WOW! It looks amazing!  Great job DEVS!
need yours help !!
I have 2 rigs, the problem is when I connect the 2 rigs to the same pool (mn pool or yip pool) I'm get reported hash rate equal to hath of every single rig.
if I connect them in separate pools everything work perfect.
for the numerical example: each rig provide 110 mh/s
2 rigs on yiimp=110 mh/s
2 rigs on mn pool=110 mh/s
1 rig on yiimp & 1 rig on mn pool=220 mh/s
help me solve it I want they will both work on the same pool-and yes I'm mn pool I have 2 workers (I'm not trying to operate them on the same worker)
thanks ahead guys and sorry for the long.

this sounds like you are connecting 2 miners as the same worker (not sure if it's possible, never tried...)...
Do you have a worker setup for each rig on the pools your trying and setting your configs different so they each connect?

I'm have 2 workers in MN pool.and its not working correctly maybe its relative to they both use the same port.
in yip I didn't try 2 workers name cause I don't know how to do this, maybe I can add it somewhere in the bat file.
thanks for the help mate.

I am not using the same pool as you, but you might need to create your worker's accounts at your pool when you log in.  Different pools do things differently.  If you did NOT make a worker for your account then you might be working under a default name.  What will happen then is each time your rig reports hashrate your pool sees 'default worker = 110' then the second rig reports 'default worker = 110'.  If you named your workers AND had your .bat files set up properly, then your pool sees 'worker one = 110' then 'worker two = 110' and the pool then adds them up since they are from different workers.  

You are likely STILL being credited for shares since shares have a unique identity.  Still best to sort it out properly.

I can help out if you want - what pool are you wanting to consolidate both rigs on?
first of all thank you for the elaborate answer,i would like to work on the yiimp pool and as you say in yip I see 2 same identical users which are the name of the miner (ccminer/alexis-1.1_p) I try to add a worker name by edit the .bat file that after my wallet address I add /name.
it didn't work I wasn't able to connect the pool like this.

I just went to your pool's site and they did not seem to give any instructions or even mention worker names in their setup guide.  Not sure where to go with that unless you are willing to try another pool.  I am using suprnova and am also testing at CWI. 

would be interested to hear of your results at CWI Jimbo  Wink

You can mine at the CWI Signatum pool with any miner, it's just that their miner only goes to their pool.
http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sigt/

Best dashboard I've seen, very fast and responsive.  Same framework as Suprnova.

I just switched from Suprnova to CWI.  Very impressed, much less buggy and looks great.  I can recommend as well.
Activity: 209
Join Cashbery Coin!
need yours help !!
I have 2 rigs, the problem is when I connect the 2 rigs to the same pool (mn pool or yip pool) I'm get reported hash rate equal to hath of every single rig.
if I connect them in separate pools everything work perfect.
for the numerical example: each rig provide 110 mh/s
2 rigs on yiimp=110 mh/s
2 rigs on mn pool=110 mh/s
1 rig on yiimp & 1 rig on mn pool=220 mh/s
help me solve it I want they will both work on the same pool-and yes I'm mn pool I have 2 workers (I'm not trying to operate them on the same worker)
thanks ahead guys and sorry for the long.

this sounds like you are connecting 2 miners as the same worker (not sure if it's possible, never tried...)...
Do you have a worker setup for each rig on the pools your trying and setting your configs different so they each connect?

I'm have 2 workers in MN pool.and its not working correctly maybe its relative to they both use the same port.
in yip I didn't try 2 workers name cause I don't know how to do this, maybe I can add it somewhere in the bat file.
thanks for the help mate.

I am not using the same pool as you, but you might need to create your worker's accounts at your pool when you log in.  Different pools do things differently.  If you did NOT make a worker for your account then you might be working under a default name.  What will happen then is each time your rig reports hashrate your pool sees 'default worker = 110' then the second rig reports 'default worker = 110'.  If you named your workers AND had your .bat files set up properly, then your pool sees 'worker one = 110' then 'worker two = 110' and the pool then adds them up since they are from different workers.  

You are likely STILL being credited for shares since shares have a unique identity.  Still best to sort it out properly.

I can help out if you want - what pool are you wanting to consolidate both rigs on?
first of all thank you for the elaborate answer,i would like to work on the yiimp pool and as you say in yip I see 2 same identical users which are the name of the miner (ccminer/alexis-1.1_p) I try to add a worker name by edit the .bat file that after my wallet address I add /name.
it didn't work I wasn't able to connect the pool like this.

I just went to your pool's site and they did not seem to give any instructions or even mention worker names in their setup guide.  Not sure where to go with that unless you are willing to try another pool.  I am using suprnova and am also testing at CWI. 

would be interested to hear of your results at CWI Jimbo  Wink

You can mine at the CWI Signatum pool with any miner, it's just that their miner only goes to their pool.
http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sigt/

Best dashboard I've seen, very fast and responsive.  Same framework as Suprnova.
Activity: 59
Good news: https://signatum.store is online.

Registered successfully!

Wow this is it. paksit!
Activity: 349
Consider reaching the Spanish-speaking public
Especially with the SIGNATUM MARKETPLACE
It would be good to reduce disputes with shipments
So more Spanish speaking can market products in Latin America
Is there a site or support email to email bug reports to?

Just tried to edit my listing to open the sale up to outside the US.  No option to change this when editing the listing.
Activity: 59
Question:  Will the tor site contain items the standard site doesn't?  I referring to ::ahem:: things you normally find tor sites you don't find on normal sites.  I mean this is the reason BTC is and remains so popular. Can't find herb or anything similar on the internets, but can be found on the dark web with a little effort.
The official marketplace will not allow any illegal items to be listed, even while on tor.
Activity: 209
Join Cashbery Coin!
By the way, any idea when can we expect the next halving? It would be nice to have a single piece of useful information in this sea of spam.

My quess 2-3 weeks. Closer to 2 weeks but I hope 3 weeks so my upcoming batch of 1080 Ti's would have some time to mine before the halving. Smiley

We are at ~44,000, doing ~1k blocks a day, halving at 60,000, so ~16 days.
Jump to: