Author

Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine - page 307. (Read 823858 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
You guys think nova is a better exchange? I must say i'm pretty used to cryptopia lol

better or worse, I hope this will boost SIGT's market. trying to be optimistic here.  Grin
The price is at the most bottom right now, it depends on the devs and news if it will go up

The small sells are just miners selling their shares for mining over night

It will go down to 2400 or maybe bit lower because there is no sign of new investors atm
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
You guys think nova is a better exchange? I must say i'm pretty used to cryptopia lol

better or worse, I hope this will boost SIGT's market. trying to be optimistic here.  Grin
Activity: 378
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine. That's very nice  Wink

link Huh
Activity: 442
Voting ended on Nova  Grin
Will be soon there at NOVA
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
There is a good community behind this coin and I think the dev is dedicated since he actually bought a significant amount of coins.  The name is cool too.  Signauts will take it to the moon!  Dev should add some cool graphics to the announcement.  Perhaps a loyal Signaut will volunteer?

Good community? Are you talking about this thread, where most members are newbies asking how to setup their miner, too lazy to read few pages back?

Name is good? Or maybe the logo too? Who on this planet could have idea to set fingerprint as logo for anonymous cryptocoin?

Add cool graphics? Like you would get interested in something after watching commercials in tv :-)

Great sense of humor :-D
Activity: 12
after all the hype and rumors, SIGT value is still plunging mah friends.  Undecided
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
no one famous  exchange dont add SIGT to trade. its very bad
Sigt is less than one month... It's not bad, it's just... normal : good things take time to come.
This coin is in the top 5 since it has been launched on topia, and always in the top 3 since one week, with most of the time at least 3x the volume of number 2.

Hope this new coin price will grow exponentially like ETH or ZEC. It is a good time to invest on SIGT now, this is a potential coin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 115
There is a good community behind this coin and I think the dev is dedicated since he actually bought a significant amount of coins.  The name is cool too.  Signauts will take it to the moon!  Dev should add some cool graphics to the announcement.  Perhaps a loyal Signaut will volunteer?
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
Just another Shit coin clone for the devs to make money on.

Crow is using the money he is making to pay back prior debts.

"Just purchased the BURST to right the pool's balance issues, and also drop a bonus on the pool for the missed payouts in the recent past.

Thanks."

This project is going nowhere except for a few P&d's!
Okay, another FUD newbie account... Soo how the devs can make money on without any time of ICO, devfee or even premine?

"Ahh, there was a instamine before block 1000 blablabla"

NOPE! I was there, i tryed to mine there but due my slow connection (~200ms to other nodes) i only got orphan blocks, proof? see me on the second comment of this ANN
Activity: 52
Actually I like the idea of premining with reasonable amount of coin for developers.

If the developers have some amount of coin, they will have motivation to develop coin further.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

"Just purchased the BURST to right the pool's balance issues, and also drop a bonus on the pool for the missed payouts in the recent past.

Thanks."

Good for him if he's making money, with no premine he had to hash it out the same as everyone else.  Regardless those who are buying are providing the value.  If the coin was being shilled like others recently (deeponion and waves come to mind) I'd be worried but this coin has some genuine community and market support.

If you don't like it... don't be involved.
Activity: 34

Thanks."

Activity: 714
Merit: 512
I'm in heavy on this one... put 2 GH of GPU power on Signatum mining. Let's see what happens ;-)
Activity: 152
I saw great coins in the past that didn't worked, any coins depends on a community and active working developers. At the moment this coin have both.
1. There is no meaningful feature discussion or suggestions in this thread, only mining questions and hype. How is this community useful for the coin's future? Did I miss such posts? I did not read the whole thread...
2. There is no evidence whatsoever that there is any work being done towards the roadmap goals. I would love to be proven wrong when the marketplace or some other major useful feature comes out but for now we cannot assume that your wishful thinking about active (and competent) devs is the true state of affairs.
Activity: 81
Merit: 12
Also come to think of it, there is another issue at hand here. You cannot really trust reported hashrate on a private build without the source code, because it's possible to fudge the ouput numbers a little to show a higher hashrate than what is actually happening. Currently pools and hashrate calculators aren't reporting reliable numbers for skunk anyways, so it would be very difficult to tell especially if the hashrate is only slightly inflated.

Also it's unsafe to run software which does not have available source as it may have well hidden malware or trojans which can redirect some of the hashrate or steal your wallet, etc.

I understand developers deserve to make money from their work, one method would be to create a private build but not distribute it at all unless a certain target of donations have been met. Once such a target is met, the private build can be distributed along with the source to everyone, or you can distribute the private build specifically to donators and post the source code online.

However the primary method that most open source developers make money is through recognition, if your work is good, you can find lucrative employment.

Anyways something to think about, and good luck, obviously the person is very talented if at his profile listed age he is able to create such improvements in hashrate (assuming they aren't fake).
The popular Signatum sp-mod #6 miner software has been released.

Free update sendt to the donators.  (0.05BTC)

Very impressive, what settings are you using exactly, like intensity/clocks/memory/etc.

If we buy it, we can request source code, since it's GPL correct?

Then we'd have seen the source for the previous 5 versions already if he planned on releasing it

Has anyone who obtained the spmod via donation ever requested the source code? If they request it, he is legally obligated to provide it. Otherwise they can enforce it via legal means, including subpoena service providers/websites to track his identity.

You can contact EFF Compliance Lab at [email protected], they can probably offer more help.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
This coin has a great road map, all the FUD people can go choke on their coffee when the road map and actual implementation kicks in.

These types of things are like  businesses. You just have to choose which to invest in (mining) and if the business plan is sustainable.

SIGT is viable, so I dont see why so much FUD.

If I had known what LTC would be worth today five years ago many more of us would have HODL the thing.

A lot of coins will have a lot of great versions and missions. However, they failed on numeral factors. So it is valid that people will have FUD. On the other hand, no one can be sure which coin will be the next LTC or BTC or ethereum. There are thousand over coins that seems to be the one and you will realise that you end up got burn badly most of the time.
I'm looking into this a bit more and I noticed that all the spmods are just leaks of the private builds made by sp_? I thought someone was compiling them from source, or is the source really not available? Are donators leaking the build?

Source: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html

A company is running a modified version of a GPL'ed program on a web site. Does the GPL say they must release their modified sources? (#UnreleasedMods)

The GPL permits anyone to make a modified version and use it without ever distributing it to others. What this company is doing is a special case of that. Therefore, the company does not have to release the modified sources.

It is essential for people to have the freedom to make modifications and use them privately, without ever publishing those modifications. However, putting the program on a server machine for the public to talk to is hardly “private” use, so it would be legitimate to require release of the source code in that special case. Developers who wish to address this might want to use the GNU Affero GPL for programs designed for network server use.

-----

One could argue since spmods are based on GPL3 licensed code and work in a public blockchain, you might be obligated to release the source code, similar to the example above.

Furthermore as soon you distribute a private build of GPL3 software to anyone by whatever method (purchase, donation, free, etc) they have the legal right to request the source code.

I would be careful sp_ perhaps reconsider your distribution model as you might be in violation of GPL3 and potentially open to litigation.

If that hash rate is true on a GTX 1060 3GB, that is very impressive work!
Activity: 208
New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine. That's very nice  Wink
Jump to: