Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 78. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
gays!
thx to sell)
we must buy it all
and on 8000 satoshi/sc we have good profit

Ya have to look at the long term.  Don't think weeks or months, think years.  8000 satoshi is nothing compared to what 2015 or 2016 will look like.  I believe silkcoin will be around for the long term.
    I'm not even looking at the markets anymore.  Interested in the community building and the ecosystem being completed.  The next wave of crypto will be marketplaces and asset exchanges.  These only being birthed this year.  If you're looking for coins to buy low and sell high short term look to the rest of the Fad coins.

Yeah but why would you buy now when we all know it will be worth next to nothing in a couple more weeks? I mean I told you since the price was 7000 to sell because even if you wanted to hold Silkcoins long-term (which is dumb because there will be no long-term, but even if you wanted to) you could get them much cheaper by waiting.

This will be in the triple digits by early July and by the end of July will be sub-200. This is what happens with premined scam coins like this. As soon as people realize the dev was just a liar and he can't deliver anything they will bail. There is no reason to have blind faith in a developer you know nothing about. It's different than the bitcoin developer - that was open source code. Your faith in Silkcoin has nothing to do with the coin itself - we all know there is nothing revolutionary there. You are putting faith in some BS eco-system he will never build. He isn't capable of building it even if he wanted to (which he doesn't). This isn't this guy's first scam. He rips people off all the time and he has a new scam in the works already (if he hasn't already released it).

"Premined scam coins" - Just quoting, not agreeing.

http://prntscr.com/3v7ct4

Have fun.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fibre Knight
honestly guys you can write what you want and i accept every thing

but this whitepaper looks like a not finished bachelor student paper ....

...think what you want sorry for loosing money..

Are you talking about the format again or the content.
I have not actually seen anything negative posted about the content.
Who the hell cares "what it looks like", this is not (name of other coin deleted) where we need to bullshit baffle brain people to invest.
If it is innovative then investment will follow.

Care to comment on the content?

I think what he meant was that the paper does not meet with his approval. I for one thought it was well organized in thought and presented with outstanding engineering context and content. Outside of using a simple clean design layout and font, I would not go so far as to say it was on the mark for any marketing delivery, but that appears to be second nature to the intent. As a side note, anyone using the comments "sorry for losing money" is being a troll, and was not sure if I should respond and perpetuate the sentiments. Forgive me if so.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
This damn thread has turned into a joke. I dumped my bag of silk and glad I did for now. It will take 2 weeks for the eco system, the price is only going down until then so get out while you still can!
Activity: 210

You are hysterical! You are judging the white paper and saying how it is unfinished and elementary, yet your grammar is atrocious, and what the hell is "loosing money"? Is that money that is stretching and doing Pilates or yoga?
Activity: 476
Just read the White Paper - and i think the content was great, was surprised by the innovation and support the devs are giving to the coin to make it stand out, and im sure it will go far in the future!

As long as the devs are active and are making progress, i will continue to support this amazing coin!!

Well done dev, keep at it!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.new#new
Activity: 280

Are you talking about the format again or the content.
I have not actually seen anything negative posted about the content.
Who the hell cares "what it looks like", this is not (name of other coin deleted) where we need to bullshit baffle brain people to invest.
If it is innovative then investment will follow.

Care to comment on the content?
Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

Thats not bad idea actually. Lets see what the dev says Smiley

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

I will happily donate.
But can you explain to me why the dev fund needs to be destroyed and recreated?
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.

like hamzatu said it would show integrity from devs. it would show devs listen to community and act. good pr. it would help support the price. more people would invest in 2% than a 4% premine. i liked the 2 pow phases for distribution and say the price was to drop afurther 50% i believe coins will be more concentrated in hands of a few.

"it would show integrity from devs"

That is a ridiculous statement. These devs have shown NOTHING BUT INTEGRITY. Looking at your post count and account creation you obviously have NOT been around and seen how they listened to the community when it wanted to have the number of coins reduced in the 2nd POW phase. You have not seen how they have delivered constantly on time and follow through on what they say.

They are the epitome of integrity and honestly your baseless request is the epitome of FUD.
Activity: 741
Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

I do offered to install a multipool for SC - nothing decided yet from SC Team - so I guess they are taking another road.  I could still offer a multipool scrypt (beta) if community ask it.  Crypto is open source.  1.5% fees and 1% to be accumulated for some project (def - promo).  This 1% wouldnt be used without miners majority approval.  X11 and X13 to be added.

This could start soon.  

I imagine devs are busy with building the eco-system. No reason for them specifically to want or need a multipool.
If I can join and get more Silkcoin I will be happy though. Let me know when it's up and running!

We are in final beta test - I'll let you say as soon as we are ready.

I will happily donate.
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.

like hamzatu said it would show integrity from devs. it would show devs listen to community and act. good pr. it would help support the price. more people would invest in 2% than a 4% premine. i liked the 2 pow phases for distribution and say the price was to drop afurther 50% i believe coins will be more concentrated in hands of a few.

Integrity from devs have been shown by keeping to their word.
They have also showed that they listen to the community. As part of that community I don't want them to destroy the dev fund.
I don't think we need PR for Silkcoin.
I don't think the price being low is bad, it gives more people chance to buy in.
The more people part of the network the better.
If whales are buying in, if they are in for quick buck then they will just dump again, this leads to anxiety for people who are all invested already because the price fluctuates widely. But once they sell, new people buy and the network grows. The added volume is also not bad and it shows that the whole system works in transferring units of value from one person to another.
If the whales plan on building a hoard of SC to stake, then hell... they are clever whales and I want them in my ocean.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Until mods do something about the negativity in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.new#new

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

I do offered to install a multipool for SC - nothing decided yet from SC Team - so I guess they are taking another road.  I could still offer a multipool scrypt (beta) if community ask it.  Crypto is open source.  1.5% fees and 1% to be accumulated for some project (def - promo).  This 1% wouldnt be used without miners majority approval.  X11 and X13 to be added.

This could start soon.  

I imagine devs are busy with building the eco-system. No reason for them specifically to want or need a multipool.
If I can join and get more Silkcoin I will be happy though. Let me know when it's up and running!

I personally don't worry about a multi-pool I like to control my rigs and switch them up and sell what I make to buy SC

This could start soon.  

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

I will happily donate.

Fibre Knight
I don't want to be "that person" but this SC logo needs some work. It reminds me of the old Whitecoin logo.
Activity: 741

This could start soon.  

What does this accomplish?

You want the dev to destroy the premine and then we just donate coins back to them. If you are concerned about the devs using the premine for ill purposes why would you donate coins right back to them? But if you are not worried about them using the premine for ill purposes why destroy it in the first place??

All you will be doing is taking coins out of the hands of the community who have them in their wallets for staking which strengthens the network only to have it go to one or two addresses that may not stake at all.

Your request is illogical and not thought through. 

I will happily donate.

Fibre Knight

If my stake would finish cooking I could donate, but as it stands, all my coins are purkolating.
Fibre Knight
Silkcoin,

The registration mechanism you're proposing has an interesting application towards preexisting non-p2p systems.

Suppose a website owner who employs a home grown authentication system is able to add a Silk authentication module allowing his system to verify the identity and authenticate visitors against the blockchain. The process could be made seamless for the user via browser plug-in for challenge/response authentication, or token based a la OAuth. The website owner would never need to store the users credentials.

I believe what you're proposing, in particular, decentralized content could coexist and benefit preexisting non-p2p systems.

I'm doing some work in this area, have been hacking on Bitcoin's P2P protocol. Ping me if anyone wants to discuss further, hopefully outside the fray of the ANN thread!

I beg for a moderated thread.
Posts like these are getting lost in this one.

This thread can stay open and run in parallel with the moderated one. The FUD vs hype battle can continue here.
But please give us a moderated thread as well.

Let's just start one. Create it, copy and paste all the OP stuff over and go from there.

I seriously considered it and started typing it up... but it will be better if the person who creates it is called Silkcoin. Or Wulf would be believable as well. My name is not recognized as part of Silkcoin team (because I'm not).

The cons to having a moderated thread: avoidance of criticism and stifling of debate.
The pros: actually being able to have criticism and debate.

This thread has become unpleasant mostly through the efforts of a failed extortionist.
It doesn't matter in the long run but it is a shame for people like me who are interested in the development. If all the interesting discussions move to PM then I won't be able to follow!

I agree that it needs to be someone from the team, but then they have to monitor the thread and that takes them from the real work. Do we have a dedicated Community Manager or a Community team that someone from there can do it?

Big difference between constructive criticism and worthwhile debate and blatant FUD. The blatant crap that we are seeing here is what needs to go. It is in no way furthering intelligent discussion or debate. It is just shit in the punch bowl.

I think it would be obvious as the what is considered FUD if based upon the criteria set forth by previous examples. You would not want to suppress the freedom of thought or expression, rather eliminate narcissistic personality disorder, which could (i suppose) extend itself to bi-polar syndrome and so on and so forth if we are abstracting examples for this thread. In summary, I am sure it would be pretty dam clear who is trying to cause disruption through the thread. I honestly believe most think of this room as a troll box. I know I did, but was sent forth to become one of the conformist within a social structure that is controlled by peers and minions and shoot. Am I in China here?
Pages:
Jump to: