Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 82. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505
"Involvement – Silkcoin has an active, involved and supportive community. Their Bitcointalk announcement post has nearly 300 pages of posts in a little over a month. They have a fair following on social media with a steady buzz of activity. The development team is quite active in the community, providing frequent updates and responding to concerns/questions appropriately. There has also been a considerable amount of blog and crypto-news coverage of Silkcoin’s unique features.

Market Liquidity - Silkcoin currently ranks among the top 40 crypto-currencies by market capitalization and is among the top 15 ranked by trading volume. SC trading is done on Mintpal, Poloniex and Bittrex and was just recently added to Cryptsy. We will likely continue to see added merchant and exchange support as well as an increase in trading volume as Silkcoin continues on a positive trajectory and gains notoriety.

Innovations - The Silkcoin development team really hit a home run with their wallet platform. Almost every article written about Silkcoin raves about the wallet. The fact is that the vast majority of alt-coins have neglected to improve upon the basic .qt wallet and people are completely blown away when they are able to interact with crypto-currency in a user friendly and appealing way. The best part is that the Silkcoin team has been releasing a steady stream of wallet updates and has taken a ‘continuous improvement’ approach which is clearly well received. The notion that a crypto-wallet could be a sort of blockchain-based and secure browser-like platform is certainly the way of the future.

Coins Source’s Outlook - Silkcoin is currently in the midst of an increase in popularity both in the markets and in the overall field of crypto-currency. The development team is ambitious and they are obviously quite innovative. With the exception of Nxt, Silkcoin has one of the best wallet clients. Some other alt-coins such as Cinni have been working towards creating better wallets but so far haven’t built anything quite as good as the SC client. The advancement of the crypto-currency user interface is very important work in terms of mass adoption and the Silkcoin team is certainly one of the leaders in this effort. Silkcoin could well be near the beginning of its rise up the ranks in the crypto-markets."
“Welcome to the Future.”
Launched - May 7, 2014

Website - Silk-coin.com

Announcement Page – Bitcointalk.org

Twitter – @Silk_coin

Facebook - Silkcoin

Top 3 Exchanges -

1) Mintpal

2) Poloniex

3) Bittrex

Silkcoin (SC)

$0.017

0.00003 BTC

Change: -20.68%

24h Trading volume: 5,078,420 SC

24h Trading volume: 164 BTC

Silkcoin Video

Mining Stats & Calculator
Coming Soon.

Review
"Seemingly out of nowhere, Silkcoin (SC) broke the crypto-currency mold with its focus on an advanced wallet platform and a unique distribution model. Silkcoin came onto the scene with a brief 5 day proof of work scrypt phase in which about 30 million SC were mined. People were genuinely surprised that the Silkcoin wallet, which features a walking camel among lots of other things, was completely unique and innovative when most other alt-coins were using the basic Bitcoin.qt based client. With relatively little marketing effort, Silkcoin has risen to be among the top 40 crypto-currencies ranked by market capitalization and has maintained an above average trading volume.

Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Silkcoin is its advanced and unique wallet platform. The Silkcoin wallet is absolutely stacked with features. It has an integrated block explorer, updated market data, built in IRC chat capabilities, current SC statistics, a QR code generator and a unique ‘action’ panel that allows users to easily unlock their wallet for staking among other things. Of course, it has the ability to send and receive lightning fast transactions through a visually impressive and easy to navigate user interface (UI). Take a look at the Silkcoin wallet slideshow below to see for yourself."

Silkcoin Wallet

"According to the Silkcoin Bitcointalk announcement post, they have plans to implement a lot of additional features in the coming months as a part of what they are calling the ‘eco-system’. The Silkcoin eco-system will operate something like a decentralized, blockchain-based social network and a profile would be associated with a wallet address. While this eco-system is still being built, the development team plans to initially implement a system that will enable users to share files and messages through their wallets. Here’s a link to initial release version of Silkcoin’s ‘Eco-System” white paper: Eco-System White Paper

Eventually, Silkcoin will be a 100% proof of stake crypto-currency, however, it has two initial proof of stake distribution periods. The first distribution phase, which is now over, began at the launch and produced about 30 million SC. The second phase is separated by a month of pure proof of stake and is set to produce approximately 15 million more coins. This second proof of work period will give people another opportunity to accumulate some coins and serves to broaden Silkcoin’s distribution.

Silkcoin has really been a pleasant surprise to many in the crypto-community. It seems as though a lot of users are attracted to Silkcoin’s unique, innovative and nicely designed wallet client. The Silkcoin Bitcointalk announcement post has nearly 300 pages of posts since it was launched and they have developed a respectable following on social media. The exchange support has likewise been quite positive. Silkcoin’s climb up the crypto-ranks highlights the importance of an innovative and well designed user interface. Functionality and ease of use may well be the most important factors that will lead to an eventual mainstream, mass adoption of crypto-currency. Clearly, the Silkcoin developers and supporters have their eyes on this prize."

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I'm gonna clean up this town
It's not rising again you goons - it's only going to go in one direction: down. You idiots keep comparing it to Blackcoin because that's the code the dev copied and pasted but the primary differences are Blackcoin was first and there's no need for a duplicate... and Blackcoin had a 0% premine where Silkcoin premined over 2 million coins (which were all PoS eligible). Sure the dev gave away a few hundred coins here/there to get you all voting on MintPal so they could dump but they premined half of the coins in circulation! This is a really bad investment! In one week come tell me I was wrong.

7 days from today I will pm you to tell you that you were wrong

I can't wait. Mark your calendars, fellas.

you must wait 7 days

Looking forward to that PM telling me I was wrong. The price is down 200% since I made this post (each day it hits a new all-time MintPal low). The price is currently down 350% from the MintPal high. The last trick this scammer had up his sleeve was the "whitepaper" and it didn't work - people are finally starting to wake up and realize this guy isn't a real developer. He copied and pasted a coin and added some CSS to the Qt wallets. He didn't even bother to change the BlackCoin address prefix - still starts with a "B" - using old ass source code to launch a new coin. You guys were willing to gamble on a coin with a 4.5% premine and a lying dev you don't know the first thing about all because he added CSS to the wallet? It was such an obviously bad investment I struggle to understand how anyone actually fell for it. How can anyone say with a straight face I'm not right?

So komodovpn - I waited my 7 days. I'm expecting that PM.
Whitepaper looks great, good vision from the devs!

What a better time to buy Silk right now!

The price will go up very high now, it's the last chance to buy at these prices.

Guess you better get in there then! Don't give away all of your big tips!
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

The price will go up very high now, it's the last chance to buy at these prices.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
price up just if you begin to buy!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

understand
course coins
provided
only
believing in it
its owners

the course defines the society!

society Silk - pissing panties! they fuck pumps in every hole

rate falls because YOU SELL THEIR COINS - pump makes you
are you afraid of

you cowards
you don't believe in coin
so you constantly lose!

in you played one pumper!
are you full jackass?
you don't see these flat rate of 5,000 2000.000 10000.000?

freaks without willpower

I'll have what he's having

Count me in on that - let me know if you score some.
gays!
thx to sell)
we must buy it all
and on 8000 satoshi/sc we have good profit

Ya have to look at the long term.  Don't think weeks or months, think years.  8000 satoshi is nothing compared to what 2015 or 2016 will look like.  I believe silkcoin will be around for the long term.
    I'm not even looking at the markets anymore.  Interested in the community building and the ecosystem being completed.  The next wave of crypto will be marketplaces and asset exchanges.  These only being birthed this year.  If you're looking for coins to buy low and sell high short term look to the rest of the Fad coins.

Yeah but why would you buy now when we all know it will be worth next to nothing in a couple more weeks? I mean I told you since the price was 7000 to sell because even if you wanted to hold Silkcoins long-term (which is dumb because there will be no long-term, but even if you wanted to) you could get them much cheaper by waiting.

This will be in the triple digits by early July and by the end of July will be sub-200. This is what happens with premined scam coins like this. As soon as people realize the dev was just a liar and he can't deliver anything they will bail. There is no reason to have blind faith in a developer you know nothing about. It's different than the bitcoin developer - that was open source code. Your faith in Silkcoin has nothing to do with the coin itself - we all know there is nothing revolutionary there. You are putting faith in some BS eco-system he will never build. He isn't capable of building it even if he wanted to (which he doesn't). This isn't this guy's first scam. He rips people off all the time and he has a new scam in the works already (if he hasn't already released it).
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
understand
course coins
provided
only
believing in it
its owners

are you afraid of

you cowards
so you constantly lose!

are you full jackass?

freaks without willpower

I'll have what he's having

I have not bought anymore.  At this point I have slightly more than 1% of all coins.  Like I said this could be bigger than Bitcoin.  At that rate 500k would be enough for me. Wink

Judge, if I behave myself can I come on your yacht one day please?

Yes... when this takes off I will have a HUGE party! Smiley

We also own about the same amount of coins.   I'll throw in for that party.   My group is up in Canada.  Where should the Party be!!??

do it in Montreal ... so that i could join,,,lol

MONTREAL! Great city!!  Those guys know how to party!
gays!
thx to sell)
we must buy it all
and on 8000 satoshi/sc we have good profit

Ya have to look at the long term.  Don't think weeks or months, think years.  8000 satoshi is nothing compared to what 2015 or 2016 will look like.  I believe silkcoin will be around for the long term.
    I'm not even looking at the markets anymore.  Interested in the community building and the ecosystem being completed.  The next wave of crypto will be marketplaces and asset exchanges.  These only being birthed this year.  If you're looking for coins to buy low and sell high short term look to the rest of the Fad coins.
But, how do you explain the price drop we saw the last week and the extra drop after the white paper came out. Having done a lot of trading on stockexchanges, I know these kinds of things happen, but I am always trying to analyse price-behaviour.

It's fixed! Exactly after the release of the WP the price started to drop and every time the price went up, it dropped again. That wasn't because of the WP (5 minutes after release has nothing to do with the WP), because they (the ones who are jealous of this coin) waited until it came out to start the panic on the market. And the non believers, which hoped for a quick buck, started to sell their stock also.

So no worries, the WP is ok and the trust in this coin is high by it's real believers, but for now it looks like a dramatic drop which causes for panic. Just buy at this price, you are just going to thank me later for this. Since there are stocks, there are fudders which try to cause some panic. All depends on the beta version of their eco system.

There ya go.  Nicely said.
Activity: 126
understand
course coins
provided
only
believing in it
its owners

are you afraid of

you cowards
so you constantly lose!

are you full jackass?

freaks without willpower
Activity: 432

I have not bought anymore.  At this point I have slightly more than 1% of all coins.  Like I said this could be bigger than Bitcoin.  At that rate 500k would be enough for me. Wink

Judge, if I behave myself can I come on your yacht one day please?

Yes... when this takes off I will have a HUGE party! Smiley

We also own about the same amount of coins.   I'll throw in for that party.   My group is up in Canada.  Where should the Party be!!??

do it in Montreal ... so that i could join,,,lol
Activity: 210
Silkcoin,

The registration mechanism you're proposing has an interesting application towards preexisting non-p2p systems.

Suppose a website owner who employs a home grown authentication system is able to add a Silk authentication module allowing his system to verify the identity and authenticate visitors against the blockchain. The process could be made seamless for the user via browser plug-in for challenge/response authentication, or token based a la OAuth. The website owner would never need to store the users credentials.

I believe what you're proposing, in particular, decentralized content could coexist and benefit preexisting non-p2p systems.

I'm doing some work in this area, have been hacking on Bitcoin's P2P protocol. Ping me if anyone wants to discuss further, hopefully outside the fray of the ANN thread!

This^^^^^^^^ This is the kind of constructive feedback we need in here. Sounds like you could be valuable to the team!
Activity: 178
I feel like the bow string just got pulled back. Time to shoot this arrow.  Crazy thing is everyone buys then moves there coins to stake. We need some upward movement.
Silkcoin,

The registration mechanism you're proposing has an interesting application towards preexisting non-p2p systems.

Suppose a website owner who employs a home grown authentication system is able to add a Silk authentication module allowing his system to verify the identity and authenticate visitors against the blockchain. The process could be made seamless for the user via browser plug-in for challenge/response authentication, or token based a la OAuth. The website owner would never need to store the users credentials.

I believe what you're proposing, in particular, decentralized content could coexist and benefit preexisting non-p2p systems.

I'm doing some work in this area, have been hacking on Bitcoin's P2P protocol. Ping me if anyone wants to discuss further, hopefully outside the fray of the ANN thread!

I have approximately 300 crypto related domains that are scheduled for production and marketing this year.  I am also pondering over the ideas of this system and how they might be integrated.  This is why I'm looking at silk as a long term hold.  As opposed to all the pump and dump coins out there.  I want systems that will be around long term.  Not just fad coins.
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
Some people may just be a little bit familiar with scientific publications... and even if this is only a whitepaper... it doesn't meet the scientific standards. Considering the fact that the scientific standard is relatively easy to obtain if one is used to it... the conclusion would be that the devs are not familiar in the scientific world...

I don't know which word processing system the dev used... it looks like Word... brrrrr... standard would be TeX. So I can understand if people panic sell...

Thanks for your impression of the format. Could you comment on the content?
Regarding familiarity with convention, do you believe this is important in the world in crypto currencies?

White paper is not a scientific document, it originated in government and law and is more commonly used in marketing in current times.

Well just look at the indents of the headlines or at the empty lines beneath it... there is no system at all. I believe that trust in the dev is important. This whitepaper looks a little sloppy - that's all what I wanted to say. I did not want to create FUD ... I hope it will be regarded as constructive criticism. Maybe there was time pressure - well nobody cares about that - that's life.

Whitepaper is no scientific document that's right... but on the other hand informatics is teached at universities. And I think a high standard would help crypto to gain reputation in general. As it is now I never know if there is a professional being behind a paper or some highschool kids. Although highschool kids may be the most creative people... difficult to judge. Notable exception would be XC.

Regarding the content: I'm not competent enough to judge this  Smiley

I actually completely agree with you. I also feel prefer a professional looking format and attention to detail (spelling etc).
I suspect you have academic background and that you are familiar with the difficulties of academic publishing.

On the other hand, I don't really want my silkcoin devs to spend their time trying to live up to the expectations of the academic establishment. It seems to me they have a vision and that their talent lies in coding and seeing the possibilities and power of the blockchain.
If they can actually find a way to build a social network on the blockchain in a usable format, that would be immense.

I suspect there was time pressure. They have been working hard to get everything out as they promised and for me personally it inspires great trust.
Even having half a document today is much better than having no document today.

On the other hand, I also don't think they need to rush this. The market creates false expectations but what people need to remember is that there are quite a few people playing games with the exchanges. They might feel under pressure to try and keep the price buoyed up with new releases, but the price will follow the invention. If they keep calm and steady and carry on with their plan, Silkcoin will be successful.

(Also devs thanks for getting it proofread, as you can see there are harsh critics out there!)

Many people tend to forget the rules of the market in my opinion. I expected this drop. Chart doesn't look too good. Silkcoin will have some hard weeks from now on, I think. The release of the ecosystem could be a turning point... but don't be too sure about it. Many competitors are out there...
There is too much euphoric hype and too much blind FUD... on the other hand - this is what we all (hopefully) make our money with, don't we?  Wink

@Judge: I don't think, that Silk will reach Bitcoin's level. And the concept is not so new... look at NXT for example. I remember Evan from DRK saying: ''Who wants to compete with us?'' This was about one month ago. Now there are many coins ready to overtake DRK, although it may take some time.

@Silkcoin: I appreciate your work and even more your vision guys! It is my vision as well. But it's a war out there. I hope you will be victorious in some way!

Once the eco-system is secure, I believe it would be beneficial not to be at war necessarily with other coins, but to join together as an entire cryptocommunity and see the platform integrated into many wallets voted on by the silkcoin community.

After reading through the paper I felt the same way. A commodity for the community. Too bad Brocade has a trademark on the Silkworm name. Would have been perfect. Maybe Bombyx mori or something would work. Hell I don't know, tonight we drink.
Pages:
Jump to: