Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2 - page 65. (Read 161541 times)

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
December 04, 2013, 04:09:57 AM
developer is very quiet

is there some info about SKC? trades?

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2013, 02:07:02 AM
SKC = dead.
Current diff = 5
diff last week = 2
but man people with a working gpu have a crazy advantage

maybe he was referring to the developer...

Indeed.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
December 03, 2013, 11:10:35 PM
SKC = dead.
Current diff = 5
diff last week = 2

maybe he was referring to the developer...
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
December 03, 2013, 06:10:34 PM
SKC = dead.
Current diff = 5
diff last week = 2
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
December 03, 2013, 03:41:24 AM
SKC = dead.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
November 30, 2013, 10:17:42 PM
I would like to buy Skeincoin, if anyone has any for sale. Please message me.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
November 30, 2013, 05:48:30 PM
any news from SKC developer ?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 05:35:11 PM
Cool but how ? Smiley did you rewrite it to AMD SDK ?

Reorder's kernel is in opencl, so it should run on anything that knows how to take advantage of the output/input of the code (not me haha).

Just hope it is an irony, IMO 'modular' is the least applicable word for it. Though it is very nice in multiple other ways of course. You won't have to "#ifdef SCRYPT" in more than one place in a true modular system.

mm It took me about four days before I realized that the precalc was overwriting whatever work I prepped.  I'm certain I'm missing a hex2bin or flip, I was going to draw up the work flow.  Another end is where it checks the work locally, I'm not sure the cpu code path is consistent with the gpu.  I really am an amateur, and it feels like I'm fumbling around.

To get it integrated fully I'm going to have to figure out the cl state variables, and how exactly to prep the skein prestages with the work.  Assuming I could do that, then even debug it, it has to wait for now. I have to work on other stuff.

Activity: 68
November 29, 2013, 05:13:37 AM
I'm just wondering how you could compile the kernel for poclbm in python that you showed, to cgminer.
I've looked at the others kernel in cgminer like diablo or phatk, this doesn't look the same at all.
Any explanation would be nice Smiley

mmm as far as patching the kernel in the easy stuff has been done.

Cool but how ? Smiley did you rewrite it to AMD SDK ?
Activity: 462
November 29, 2013, 03:57:46 AM
I'm just wondering how you could compile the kernel for poclbm in python that you showed, to cgminer.
I've looked at the others kernel in cgminer like diablo or phatk, this doesn't look the same at all.

mmm as far as patching the kernel in the easy stuff has been done.   It hashes with invalid nonce hw errors at this point, not hard to do.  I had the pre stages mixed up, got bent and sick of it, and passed it to redkendra.  Just the last couple days I have been staying away from it.

It took me awhile to appreciate how modular cgminer really is.

Just hope it is an irony, IMO 'modular' is the least applicable word for it. Though it is very nice in multiple other ways of course. You won't have to "#ifdef SCRYPT" in more than one place in a true modular system.
Activity: 104
November 29, 2013, 03:47:18 AM

mmm as far as patching the kernel in the easy stuff has been done.   It hashes with invalid nonce hw errors at this point, not hard to do.  I had the pre stages mixed up, got bent and sick of it, and passed it to redkendra.  Just the last couple days I have been staying away from it.

It took me awhile to appreciate how modular cgminer really is.
Activity: 68
November 28, 2013, 07:49:53 PM
cgminer must be parsing the output buffer differently from poclbm (see SETFOUND macro in its kernels), otherwise looks good, at a glance. Please also note the kernel only returns diff 1 shares, for pool you are going to need to either hardcode the target or pass it to kernel.
Yes, cgminer parses it differently. I added this
Code:
// output[OUTPUT_SIZE] = output[nonce & OUTPUT_MASK] = nonce;
    #define FOUND (0x0F)
    #define SETFOUND(Xnonce) output[output[FOUND]++] = Xnonce

SETFOUND(nonce);
  to your kernel and it should work.
Unfortunately it never reaches this code (on Geforce GT 650) and I don't know why...

You can try a lower diff (uncomment the '& 0xc0ffffff' for example) and see what happens. You can also use printf() in the kernel for debugging if your SDK is at least OpenCL 1.1 compliant.

thanks
D4T
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 28, 2013, 03:19:03 PM
Well I'm at a stage where poclbm mines but all shares are rejected so i must be doing something wrong.

I want to be sure I'm sending the correct data to your opencl kernel but unsure which parts of the state, state2 and f arrays poclbm generates i should be sending as what variable. In particular I'm referring as to what i should supply for "data16", "data17" & "data18".

Are you calculating mid state in python anywhere?
I think a couple of code snippets will make it more clear..

in Switch.decode:
Code:
            binary_data = block_header.decode('hex')
            job.headerX = binary_data[:76]
            job.dataX = unpack('<19I', job.headerX)

in OpenCLMiner.mining_thread:
Code:
                    state = skeinhashmid(pack('>16I', *work.dataX[:16]))
                    for i in xrange(8):
                        self.kernel.set_arg(i, state[i * 8:i * 8 + 8])
                    for i in range(16, 19):
                        self.kernel.set_arg(i - 8, pack('>I', work.dataX[i]))

I do not use poclbm's engine to recalculate the merkle tree, just always use full getwork as it has arrived from the server. Probably it does not play well with stratum, but works to some extent.

skeinhashmid is a ctypes wrapper for skein calculation in shared lib, I believe I have posted the C function for that somewhere below the kernel itself.

Thanks reorder Smiley

I won't lie, this is still a struggle for me but I don't expect to be drip fed bits of code until it works. I'm doing this to learn and I'm certainly achieving that so thank you Cheesy
November 28, 2013, 01:57:59 PM
Well I'm at a stage where poclbm mines but all shares are rejected so i must be doing something wrong.

I want to be sure I'm sending the correct data to your opencl kernel but unsure which parts of the state, state2 and f arrays poclbm generates i should be sending as what variable. In particular I'm referring as to what i should supply for "data16", "data17" & "data18".

I think a couple of code snippets will make it more clear..

in Switch.decode:
Code:
            binary_data = block_header.decode('hex')
            job.headerX = binary_data[:76]
            job.dataX = unpack('<19I', job.headerX)

in OpenCLMiner.mining_thread:
Code:
                    state = skeinhashmid(pack('>16I', *work.dataX[:16]))
                    for i in xrange(8):
                        self.kernel.set_arg(i, state[i * 8:i * 8 + 8])
                    for i in range(16, 19):
                        self.kernel.set_arg(i - 8, pack('>I', work.dataX[i]))

I do not use poclbm's engine to recalculate the merkle tree, just always use full getwork as it has arrived from the server. Probably it does not play well with stratum, but works to some extent.

skeinhashmid is a ctypes wrapper for skein calculation in shared lib, I believe I have posted the C function for that somewhere below the kernel itself.
D4T
November 28, 2013, 12:45:46 PM

November 28, 2013, 11:27:55 AM
Been fiddling with this for days now and still can't get any sense out of it. Guess my coding skills just aren't up to scratch! Sad lol

Please don't hesitate to ask your questions (but not about cgminer inner structure, I have spent couple hours trying to get my head around it and gave up).
D4T
November 28, 2013, 11:16:37 AM
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
November 28, 2013, 08:59:09 AM
I will pay .03 BTC for 30K SKC
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129