Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain - page 26. (Read 49741 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
excuse me the topic is fake news and you ask what politics has to do with it ??  That might me the dumbest reply in this thread yet.  what do you think fake news is ? conspiracy in the sports and fashion section ?

It was an example of what real fake news is and how this coin can never do anything to fight it but in more likelihood support it.  Do you really think another coin / token / ico or is the solution to this problem, a problem which is not even a problem per se but a manufactured one.

the entire fake news movement was invented to discredit trump and again you ask how its relevant

positive fail

I'm saying don't bring your own politics, of course fake news has to do with politics. There are fake news on the left and right, why is this hard for you to understand?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
excuse me the topic is fake news and you ask what politics has to do with it ??  That might me the dumbest reply in this thread yet.  what do you think fake news is ? conspiracy in the sports and fashion section ?

It was an example of what real fake news is and how this coin can never do anything to fight it but in more likelihood support it.  Do you really think another coin / token / ico or is the solution to this problem, a problem which is not even a problem per se but a manufactured one.

the entire fake news movement was invented to discredit trump and again you ask how its relevant

positive fail

Many people are already enjoying our product at https://snip.today, even before the sale. Not really sure about you point about the fake news being fake news, do you deny that there's much false or low-quality information online?

There is fake news but it is un important and only made real when cnn picks it up. Otherwise its just some nonsense on someones social media from an anonymous source. The root of fake news is not an accident, its journalist not doing their job and many on purpose for a job and money or to promote their agenda. In the big picture I don't see how a decentralized platform and a coin helps this.

As a content creator, I would not go to your site, there are already much better platforms for me. I can see this shaping up to be a rip off scam site where people with no credibility are re regurgitating content from other sites.

Readers should check out trumps twitter to see how different it is from the propaganda fake news globalist nonsense that CNN is putting out.  Can you correct that with your site because that is the problem with fake news.

https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
Dude what does Trump's Twitter feed have to do with fake news? We're trying to gave a serious discussion here, don't bring in your politics. Anyway, if CNN is fake news in your opinion then you should welcome its disruption
Activity: 140
Snip CEO

Many people are already enjoying our product at https://snip.today, even before the sale. Not really sure about you point about the fake news being fake news, do you deny that there's much false or low-quality information online?

There is fake news but it is un important and only made real when cnn picks it up. Otherwise its just some nonsense on someones social media from an anonymous source. The root of fake news is not an accident, its journalist not doing their job and many on purpose for a job and money or to promote their agenda. In the big picture I don't see how a decentralized platform and a coin helps this.

As a content creator, I would not go to your site, there are already much better platforms for me. I can see this shaping up to be a rip off scam site where people with no credibility are re regurgitating content from other sites.

Readers should check out trumps twitter to see how different it is from the propaganda fake news globalist nonsense that CNN is putting out.  Can you correct that with your site because that is the problem with fake news.

Which alternatives do you use as a content creator today? Are you getting paid for creating content?

I think its a bad idea but so are 100% of the other coins. I used to say 90% but now they are all bad. With proper hype you might make a buck with a good pump or a storm out of the gate.

Its nothing new or exciting and the question always is how or why would anyone use your platform / coin or whatever idea is being pumped.  Especially with news which is mostly local and political and not something people switch often in their life.  The others reaching deep into geo politics already have their trusted platform and a coin site is not going validate their opinions.

The entire fake news thing is actually fake news. Its how CNN picks up anonymous sourced stories they couldn't do on their own, so they pick it up from minimum liability sites like buzzfeed and facebook, where it has always been proven to be anonymous or debunked as fake, so the real solution to fake new is don't trust sites like buzfeed / facebook / google puss / for news regarding world espionage.

@Darwin84, why are you here if you think all alternative cryptos suck?
Snip CEO
I think its a bad idea but so are 100% of the other coins. I used to say 90% but now they are all bad. With proper hype you might make a buck with a good pump or a storm out of the gate.

Its nothing new or exciting and the question always is how or why would anyone use your platform / coin or whatever idea is being pumped.  Especially with news which is mostly local and political and not something people switch often in their life.  The others reaching deep into geo politics already have their trusted platform and a coin site is not going validate their opinions.

The entire fake news thing is actually fake news. Its how CNN picks up anonymous sourced stories they couldn't do on their own, so they pick it up from minimum liability sites like buzzfeed and facebook, where it has always been proven to be anonymous or debunked as fake, so the real solution to fake new is don't trust sites like buzfeed / facebook / google puss / for news regarding world espionage.

Snip CEO
Great at last to see a serious News platform. I am fed up with so much sensationalism and fake stuff being spread around the Mass media outlets and the Internet. So many people around the world are misinformed and brainwashed via various outlets, it's a breath of fresh air what you are building. I will be watching this space with great interest.
Thanks! I hope we'll be worthy of your confidence.
Snip CEO
Is this a project based on IPFS concepts?IPFS is very popular, and the news is very widespread, but some low-quality fake news is not to be expected, maybe it should set up a separation interval, or to be in the trial range.

What does IPFS have to do with fake news?? Do you mean censorship avoidance?

@ranreichman, is IPFS actually a part of the product?

We think it's important that all the information is available on IPFS but the product could work before all of the content is on IPFS.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Great at last to see a serious News platform. I am fed up with so much sensationalism and fake stuff being spread around the Mass media outlets and the Internet. So many people around the world are misinformed and brainwashed via various outlets, it's a breath of fresh air what you are building. I will be watching this space with great interest.
Is this a project based on IPFS concepts?IPFS is very popular, and the news is very widespread, but some low-quality fake news is not to be expected, maybe it should set up a separation interval, or to be in the trial range.

What does IPFS have to do with fake news?? Do you mean censorship avoidance?

@ranreichman, is IPFS actually a part of the product?
Snip CEO
We're making all of the content available on IPFS, though that by itself doesn't fix fake news. To make sure the content is reliable we have to create the right incentives and apply (open-source) algorithms which show users the best, high-quality content.
Snip CEO
I did not find anything here, the number of tokens and the hidden developer team.
The concept is quite interesting but unfortunately too much news is much newer and more accurate.
What do you mean by hidden developer team? We're presented here in the https://snip.network website.

Today there's more real-time news but remember that the current site is just version one, before the decentralized product. We're looking at hundreds of articles a day once everything is open. If we saw inaccuracies we'd love to fix, generally the feedback from users on accuracy has been very good.
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I did not find anything here, the number of tokens and the hidden developer team.
The concept is quite interesting but unfortunately too much news is much newer and more accurate.
Snip CEO
Thousands of articles a day? On what??!
It's surprising but news has a pretty long tail. Once you consider world news, local news, professional fields, etc, thousand of stories a day actually makes sense. Of course, it'll take a bit to reach that number. We expect to start with dozens of articles a day on the most popular topics.
Thousands of articles a day? On what??!
Snip CEO
I'm less concerned about the fake news part but how is Snip going to know what I like? All of the "personalized" news apps I tried sucked
This is actually one of Snip's greatest advantages. The current personalized news apps usually include long stories and then the personalization only works if you read a ton and give precise feedback. The ones with short content tend to be low-quality. On Snip you get brief, high-quality stories, similar to what a knowledgable friend would tell you when you ask "What's the deal with ...?". Once a story is 2 paragraphs instead of 20, you can read much more, vote on them, and then Snip gets to know you well very quickly. You can see how it works on https://snip.today
snip.today only has like three articles a day, how can that be personalized?
Currently we're publishing approximately 2 articles a day, on various topics. A basic personalization algorithm finds out which topics you prefer and shows you the best stories from all articles. It's true that today you could probably read all of the stories, and many actually do that. In the future it'll be hundreds/thousands of articles a day and then the personalization becomes much more important.
I'm less concerned about the fake news part but how is Snip going to know what I like? All of the "personalized" news apps I tried sucked
This is actually one of Snip's greatest advantages. The current personalized news apps usually include long stories and then the personalization only works if you read a ton and give precise feedback. The ones with short content tend to be low-quality. On Snip you get brief, high-quality stories, similar to what a knowledgable friend would tell you when you ask "What's the deal with ...?". Once a story is 2 paragraphs instead of 20, you can read much more, vote on them, and then Snip gets to know you well very quickly. You can see how it works on https://snip.today
snip.today only has like three articles a day, how can that be personalized?
Pages:
Jump to: