Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 157. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Multipool is already gone. Our transaction fee system claims another victim in sakr and thepool.pw   Roll Eyes

Move your hashes immediately if you are on this pool

What happened exactly?

Is thepool.pw going to be having this problem with other coins?

Couldn't figure out how to pay out miners with our transaction fees

Ah, interesting haha.

Anywhere else we can mine for Snowballs yet?

I'll work on it. I would ask ThePeePs to do one like pool.mmxivcoin.com, but he is swamped with Snowball hardware work and the multipool for Maieuticoin. Our team is very, very small, I don't want to overwork anyone or ask them to do more than is fair
Activity: 513
Crypto ehalvers
Multipool is already gone. Our transaction fee system claims another victim in sakr and thepool.pw   Roll Eyes

What happened exactly?

Ah, interesting haha.

Anywhere else we can mine for Snowballs yet?
legendary
Multipool is already gone. Our transaction fee system claims another victim in sakr and thepool.pw   Roll Eyes

What happened exactly?

Activity: 513
Crypto ehalvers

What happened exactly?

legendary

legendary
Well I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Sorry for the trouble. I'll just send the balance to a new address every 4 days.

If a block is solved every 30 seconds on average, that would make only 2880 blocks in a day. Now if I need 1024 transactions to happen on the 10th day to get my POS stake, I don't think my chances will be to good when I need to solve 35.5% of the total blocks.

The problem is the amount of transactions, at the 10th day it will be over a 1000 transactions just on that day, If I don't move the coins.

How is that a problem? 1 transaction that stakes for 1000 coins is a burden on the network. 1000 transactions that stake for 1 are helping secure the network and keep blocks flowing. This is how the system is designed. It's working completely as intended

I've already explained what causes you to double your transactions. If you don't meet the criteria, they won't be doubled. I don't mean to be rude, but I can't make it any simpler. It is averaged out over a year, so your math for 2 days worth of staking out of 365.25 does not hold up to scrutiny

No, it's cool. I'm not trying to be short, I just don't know how else to explain it
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Well I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Sorry for the trouble. I'll just send the balance to a new address every 4 days.

If a block is solved every 30 seconds on average, that would make only 2880 blocks in a day. Now if I need 1024 transactions to happen on the 10th day to get my POS stake, I don't think my chances will be to good when I need to solve 35.5% of the total blocks.

The problem is the amount of transactions, at the 10th day it will be over a 1000 transactions just on that day, If I don't move the coins.

How is that a problem? 1 transaction that stakes for 1000 coins is a burden on the network. 1000 transactions that stake for 1 are helping secure the network and keep blocks flowing. This is how the system is designed. It's working completely as intended

I've already explained what causes you to double your transactions. If you don't meet the criteria, they won't be doubled. I don't mean to be rude, but I can't make it any simpler. It is averaged out over a year, so your math for 2 days worth of staking out of 365.25 does not hold up to scrutiny
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

+1

He is worried about bloating.
legendary

I have got about 13% of the totals BALLS in the wallet each day. Each day the total POS stake has increased. Today was closer to 14%.

Only BALLS I sent to wallet was 346, after 4 days of POS staking I'm at 580. That about 13.7% each day.

I guess I don't understand.

Day 1 => 1 POS transaction
Day 2 => 2 POS transactions
Day 3 => 4 POS transactions
Day 4 => 8 POS transactions

This is what is happening and I can see it on the wallet and explorer.

the equation would be:

#of transactions = 2^(day-1)

Today I'm in the process of staking and 8 transactions happened today. The number of transactions is multiplying by 2 every day, doesn't anybody see this as a problem?

http://balls.blockexplorer.cc/address/SNd1q89YDRGj9C4GbgEmoNrtht4D6U2Vys

On the 1st day of POS I had 1 "mint by stake" transaction. On the 2nd day 2 and today 4. By the 8th day based on this pattern there could be 256 "mint by stake" transactions. Isn't this going to be a problem?

No, because it halves the amount if it was less than 2 days since previous stake.  20 * 1 is the same as 1 * 20

Correct, but I bet you are staking nearly the same (total) amount everyday

Which is literally exactly what you should be staking. It's 13.6986301369863% daily

So in other words...working perfectly  Wink
legendary
I have got about 13% of the totals BALLS in the wallet each day. Each day the total POS stake has increased. Today was closer to 14%.

Only BALLS I sent to wallet was 346, after 4 days of POS staking I'm at 580. That about 13.7% each day.

the equation would be:

Today I'm in the process of staking and 8 transactions happened today. The number of transactions is multiplying by 2 every day, doesn't anybody see this as a problem?

On the 1st day of POS I had 1 "mint by stake" transaction. On the 2nd day 2 and today 4. By the 8th day based on this pattern there could be 256 "mint by stake" transactions. Isn't this going to be a problem?

No, because it halves the amount if it was less than 2 days since previous stake.  20 * 1 is the same as 1 * 20

Which is literally exactly what you should be staking. It's 13.6986301369863% daily, averaged out over a year, which, with a very, very subtle rounding, brings us to your daily 13.7% average

So in other words...working perfectly  Wink

the equation would be:

legendary

the equation would be:

No, because it halves the amount if it was less than 2 days since previous stake.  20 * 1 is the same as 1 * 20

the equation would be:

No, because it halves the amount if it was less than 2 days since previous stake.  20 * 1 is the same as 1 * 20
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

igotspots -

Since staking happens hugely with BALLS, I wonder if you can automate the coin control process so the wallet automatically breaks coins into appropriate sized groups for staking ?
legendary

Jump to: