Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 160. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
On the 1st day of POS I had 1 "mint by stake" transaction. On the 2nd day 2 and today 4. By the 8th day based on this pattern there could be 256 "mint by stake" transactions. Isn't this going to be a problem?

This is how POS work. After a successful stake, the coins are split into two blocks.

(In BALLS coins are not split if coinage > 2 days: https://github.com/iGotSpots/BALLS/blob/0a2871ee77defdb19d318c828b743b3299ff76db/src/wallet.cpp#L1215)

Here you have an example of all blocks splitting: http://balls.blockexplorer.cc/address/SdgVFhwTYYzajAXbAUfkDSvcKNwW9RgCd3
And here http://balls.blockexplorer.cc/address/SNh8qLUtKWvyBf9y5ZjgHmg9STyuRbZKFs the first block is older than 2 days and does not split.

legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
On the 1st day of POS I had 1 "mint by stake" transaction. On the 2nd day 2 and today 4. By the 8th day based on this pattern there could be 256 "mint by stake" transactions. Isn't this going to be a problem?

Your wallet is staking the stake from the day before..

We definitely won't hit 500% by end of year.. I just moved some coins to the exchange yesterday and even with the same amount of coins in my wallet, I only got around 1/2 the amount of coins when my wallet staked for the second time.

Quite possibly it stakes again a second time, I won't move any coins around and see what happens.

At least this coins doing something interesting.

Since there is no coin control you can't actually look at what is staking.  But based on what I've seen I think once you stake it gets split into 2 piles that have there time reset to zero.  24 Hours later you have 2 Stakes that also get split.  Since the split seems to be 50/50 that leads me to believe the time is reset each time you stake.  

So then I wonder what is the 30 day cap for?  I was under the assumption when you staked the original pile would remain at some age, and the new pile would start at 0.   But that would require knowing the original pile already staked at x time, and is invalid till X+24 hrs. and at 30 days they would no longer stake.   At least that's what the voices in my head we're telling me....   Plus I believe I read somewhere that was for emission control.  
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
plans for a mac wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Your wallet is staking the stake from the day before..

We definitely won't hit 500% by end of year.. I just moved some coins to the exchange yesterday and even with the same amount of coins in my wallet, I only got around 1/2 the amount of coins when my wallet staked for the second time.

Quite possibly it stakes again a second time, I won't move any coins around and see what happens.

At least this coins doing something interesting.
Activity: 319
Activity: 199
Merit: 102
I believe I chose the correct values for 5000% annual nominal interest rate, compounded daily. i.e. I assumed that newly minted POS coins themselves start accumulating 5000% yearly interest, starting the very next day after they are minted - but perhaps this is not the case?

If the interest was only calculated annually, or somehow locked to 5000%/year of the POW coins only then sure, it's 50,000,000 max new coins by the end of the first year.

Also, I'm not too familiar with coin weight/maturity so it's likely that I overlooked something that would make a big difference.
Activity: 319
I think TX fee should be a % of total coins being sent, with a minimum of 1 BALLS and no maximum. Since you get about 13% each day from staking, make the TX fee about 5%.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Have you considered reducing the interest rate after a certain coinsupply has been reached? If everybody stakes, the supply will be at hundreds of trillions very quickly won't it? I really love the high interest but it would seem to make the coin more valuable if the interest was not exponentially climbing past a sensible point. Just an idea.

EDIT:

I'm assuming the 5000% interest is not only on the initial coins but also cumulative on any coins earned through interest on days previous.

Plugging some numbers into a compound interest calculator: http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/financial/compound-interest-calculator.php

P = 1,000,000 (40 BALLS each over 25,000)
R= 5000
n = daily/365
t = 1 year

A = 224,212,475,297,962,802,863,407,104

lol probably I've overlooked something but this seems too much.

Can someone confirm what total supply would be after 1 year, if everybody staked?

50 Million. No idea what the hell you are trying to do in that quote

Ok, please tell me you understand the concept of compound interest?  Emerger's numbers are correct.  It's the whole reason I bought BALLS.  Curious how long it will take before something breaks.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Have you considered reducing the interest rate after a certain coinsupply has been reached? If everybody stakes, the supply will be at hundreds of trillions very quickly won't it? I really love the high interest but it would seem to make the coin more valuable if the interest was not exponentially climbing past a sensible point. Just an idea.

EDIT:

I'm assuming the 5000% interest is not only on the initial coins but also cumulative on any coins earned through interest on days previous.

Plugging some numbers into a compound interest calculator: http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/financial/compound-interest-calculator.php

R= 5000
n = daily/365
t = 1 year

Can someone confirm what total supply would be after 1 year, if everybody staked?

n= Annally(1yr).You selected wrong option in calculator
Activity: 364
Getting some nice stake rewards, almost 0.2 BTC a day already, liking this coin more and more  Grin Think I'm going to buy up some more
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

EDIT:

R= 5000
n = daily/365
t = 1 year

Activity: 364

EDIT:

R= 5000
n = daily/365
t = 1 year

Not 100% of the coin supply will stake
legendary

No need
Activity: 199
Merit: 102

EDIT:

R= 5000
n = daily/365
t = 1 year

legendary
i just tried the faucet, told me there was an error and to try again later

Well damn

Same for me here..for the last 2 or 3 days always the same result.

And the transactions mentioned on the faucet page itself do not make any since:

"Already paid: 40.952954590000004 with 107 payouts"

I don't know how that is working out when the minimum to send is 26.6.

The minimum is 6.4

My bad..meant 26.4 not 26.6 because you have to include the tx fee. Either way, like I said the numbers do not make since...unless the faucet is using send many?

If we assume it is not, the 40.952954590000004/107=0.38273789336 which is a far cry from 6.4

Yea...
Activity: 434

Well damn

The minimum is 6.4

My bad..meant 26.4 not 26.6 because you have to include the tx fee. Either way, like I said the numbers do not make sense...unless the faucet is using send many?

If we assume it is not, the 40.952954590000004/107=0.38273789336 which is a far cry from 6.4
legendary

Well damn

The minimum is 6.4
Activity: 434

Well damn

legendary
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
yup id find out where your 5,000 balls are Smiley
Jump to: