Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 87. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader

Expected time for reward 15 minutes, that us 9 minutes less then 12 hours ago.
And I have more weight and network weight is still going down so I expects BIG reward in xx days.
In the other wallet coins are not mature yet but I keep you informed with the result.
Waiting for stake is now similar with Hyperstake imo.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
What shall I do to stake again just wait for this month to be out and in 30 days I will stake again?

Yes. It may stake earlier than that. Honestly, I don't know what to suggest doing other than just hold and see what happens
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
What shall I do to stake again just wait for this month to be out and in 30 days I will stake again?
legendary
@ iGotSpot

So I think I am understanding everything. I never moved coins and I won't so I keep staking.

But say I buy coins on market. Should I create a new wallet and put them there? Or am I fine just sending to current wallet and my staking will stay going day to day?

You can use the same one. Each deposit is calculated individually
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
@ iGotSpot

So I think I am understanding everything. I never moved coins and I won't so I keep staking.

But say I buy coins on market. Should I create a new wallet and put them there? Or am I fine just sending to current wallet and my staking will stay going day to day?

legendary
I sold all 156,612 of my Balls on trex for 204sat, the staking is broken now, when ppl realize that, the price will REALLY drop.
Too bad, Balls was awesome up until 2 days ago.

It's only broken if your goal is to hold for 2 days and dump. If you're in it long term, this whole fiasco means nothing to you

hardfork for 10.000% again would be as good Grin

Lol, a hard fork of any kind is what I'm trying to avoid
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I sold all 156,612 of my Balls on trex for 204sat, the staking is broken now, when ppl realize that, the price will REALLY drop.

It's only broken if your goal is to hold for 2 days and dump. If you're in it long term, this whole fiasco means nothing to you

hardfork for 10.000% again would be as good Grin
Activity: 513
Crypto ehalvers
Doesn't sound like too much of an issue, price hasn't been effected(affected?idgaflol Kiss) too much yet.

EDIT: just noticed a nice little bumb in the price actually  Grin

Any idea if the multipool is having issues? After the small crash doesn't seem to have any payouts since 12/24. Left my hash on their as I have confidence it will be resolved, just wondering if you have any insight iGotSpots  Smiley

Thanks.
legendary
*** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT ***

Just so everyone knows...we are going to keep what we have going on right now, for a little while at least

This was caused by a protocol switch. I had intended to set the timestamp to Christmas of 2020, but instead did Christmas of this year. I messed up one entry in the entire coin; sucks, but it happens. However, while unintended, I think we are going to leave it as it is. The reasons are simple

1) We already have hardware units shipped out that are staking with the current code. Forcing them to update within a month of getting their unit could compromise their staking time if they don't see it right away, which completely eliminates the purpose of the Snowball Staking Hardware

2) People are still staking. Blocks are still flowing. The network hasn't come to a halt, so no immediate emergency

3) I've done some math on what greater affect this will have on the coin. I believe it will increase blockchain security with the new calculation method, while giving us yet another tool to use for inflation control by changing how stake weight is calculated. Stake rate remains unchanged once you start staking; the change has affected when you start, not how you stake

4) I don't feel like dealing with people who get left behind because they didn't update. Somehow this is always my fault to people and I just don't want to deal with it again

What is this coin now?
Good question. From my understanding, the way stake weight is calculated has changed. I moved all my coins yesterday before finding this, so I will be able to tell you guys how long it takes to mature from nothing now. It would appear that maturity time has been increased, but once you start staking, you're in the same boat you were before Christmas. It would also appear that you actually start gaining coinage after 24 hours, but will not stake immediately. This is where the analysis takes two turns. I am under the impression that it will now require 30 days for coins to mature, while the other person assessing the situation with me doesn't think it will affect maturity times or stake rate too much, so I guess we will see what happens. If people weren't staking and the network halted, I would fork it immediately, but since neither of those has happened, I think we will roll with it for the time being. I will update the OP to be more accurate once we have more data to analyze. We also seem to be ignoring max coinage, which, again, will need to be verified by further analysis a month from now since I just reset my coinage yesterday to try debugging what other people were experiencing

My suggestion:
If you are actively staking, don't move your coins. If you haven't staked since the week before Christmas, I recommend moving them once as soon as possible, then not moving them ever again

I'm expecting a lot of negative feedback for this decision, but it is no secret BALLS was created for the sole purpose of helping us with Snowball Staking Hardware and customers of those units. Without alienating a good portion of our customer base with a hard fork, I am choosing to go down a path that ensures people using our hardware are not negatively impacted by having to update / chance of not updating and losing coins

*** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT ***
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

lol RIP

u should have hold balls now... with supply curtailed 400 sat is very near Smiley
legendary

so has anyone got staking working?
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
Anyone know what is going on with the multipool? It says it is trading since the 23rd.
I just cant get it to staking
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
Look, there are some really good changes here that we can leave implemented without requiring everyone to update to a hard fork and continue using their current client. We have people using the normal one, Christmas theme, daemons, there is a lot to update away from something that will only strengthen this coin long term. Two months from now, nobody will even remember that I fucked up big time. Basically, from my understanding of the situation, it boils down to this:

If you are holding this coin, believe in it, me, and our work, this change does NOT AFFECT YOU AT ALL. Since you would be already staking for over 30 days, literally nothing changes for you

If you are trying to buy this coin, stake it for a few days, and dump it...well, you're fucked

this is very good decision stop respond to vegasidiot
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I moved my coins 48h ago when they stop staking and now they still don't stake.The whole situation is not cool at all i got over 1 mil coins , so i loss many coins daily.As i see some people staking ,some not it is not fai[Suspicious link removed]o we stake all or nobody.

It is based on coinage. They held long enough to stake with the new parameters. My coins are also not staking right now, either, so I feel your pain

Sorry for busting your balls earlier....Smiley

If I send more coins to my existing wallet will it reset the entire wallet balance coin age,  or do amounts added mature separately from the original?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
look back at our history and you'd see I'd never hold back if I wasn't happy with something spots has done, in this situation I think spots has done the right response to the situation.

Activity: 342
I moved my coins 48h ago when they stop staking and now they still don't stake.The whole situation is not cool at all i got over 1 mil coins , so i loss many coins daily.As i see some people staking ,some not it is not fair.Imo we stake all or nobody.

if you would look at the block explorer, you would notice that all the recent stakes are from Balls before dec 25

it seems any coin that moved or staked starting dec 25 will have to wait 30 days to become mature again, this applies to all Balls (in hardware or christmas client or original client theme)

you dont lose any coins daily (unless you move them again which means you reset their age and have to wait another 30 days)
after 30 days you will be mature and get interest for all those 30 days

big difference now is you have to wait 30 days to get interest, reward goes to long term holders

since there is no coin control, it would be advisable to send some balls to a separate wallet which will be dedicated for staking and another wallet for your spendable coins
legendary
I moved my coins 48h ago when they stop staking and now they still don't stake.The whole situation is not cool at all i got over 1 mil coins , so i loss many coins daily.As i see some people staking ,some not it is not fair.Imo we stake all or nobody.

It is based on coinage. They held long enough to stake with the new parameters. My coins are also not staking right now, either, so I feel your pain
Activity: 405
Pages:
Jump to: