Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 89. (Read 257518 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
So i can expect to wait up to 30 days until my coins will stake again after i've moved them yesterday?!

Maybe. Honestly, there are three different opinions from intelligent people who looked at it. Since coins are still staking on the network and blocks are still moving, it's not an immediate threat. I'm in the same boat as you, though, I moved all of mine yesterday, too  Sad

Oh dear so this means we not gonna get any staked balls for a month? Cos we moved our coins? Cry

This is not fair and this is not a solution for this issue.

I know right!  The dev of the coin tells us we have to move our coins then we find out we could lose up to 30 days of staking coins. That is a very large amount of balls possibly lost (200K + in wallet) and it is the Dev's fault. It was NOT an accidental event, the dev has admitted to making a mistake that caused this.

Anyone that followed the direct advice of the dev and moved their coins should absolutely be compensated for the loss of coins. Also NOT happy that the dev does not care about the balls traders and people who helped get this coin to where it is today. The only people who seem to matter are the ones that bought his hardware.

NOT COOL!!!

Waiting for the dev to do the right thing. Taking a chance with his own coins to test is one thing telling everyone else to do the same without knowing the consequences is pure BS and not professional. Then he comes on and almost laughs it of saying he is in the same boat.....IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT.

Don't move them, then. My advice is it's better to move them now than wait a month and find out you should have moved them today. I'm not laughing anything off. I completely understand the severity of both the benefits and consequences of my decision

I made a mistake, yes, I'm not denying it. I put a wrong timestamp for 2014 instead of 2020, but I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day. All of you are being very selfish and looking at day to day staking. That's like looking at the moon one night and extrapolating patterns of revolutions. PoS itself is not built to be monitored on a daily basis

This is a system built on yearly averages. After 24 hours you will start gaining coinage, which should increase your amount when you do finally stake

YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING - All you have to do is wait a little longer to start now, but there is no max, so once you start staking, your wallet will require ZERO maintenance and attention

Everyone is affected the same, whether you are staking on a desktop or our units. The only reason not to fork is there are already specialized units out there that do nothing but stake these coins. If they don't update, they are useless, and not everyone will update them

If your clients for hardware pay you 100$ per units I personaly investing +1.5 BTC in this coins. This is fair for you but not for all. Not all are in same boat.

I've made it as clear as possible that if forced with a choice, I will pick the one that benefits our hardware clients more, yes
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
So i can expect to wait up to 30 days until my coins will stake again after i've moved them yesterday?!

Maybe. Honestly, there are three different opinions from intelligent people who looked at it. Since coins are still staking on the network and blocks are still moving, it's not an immediate threat. I'm in the same boat as you, though, I moved all of mine yesterday, too  Sad

Oh dear so this means we not gonna get any staked balls for a month? Cos we moved our coins? Cry

I know right!  The dev of the coin tells us we have to move our coins then we find out we could lose up to 30 days of staking coins. That is a very large amount of balls possibly lost (200K + in wallet) and it is the Dev's fault. It was NOT an accidental event, the dev has admitted to making a mistake that caused this.

Anyone that followed the direct advice of the dev and moved their coins should absolutely be compensated for the loss of coins. Also NOT happy that the dev does not care about the balls traders and people who helped get this coin to where it is today. The only people who seem to matter are the ones that bought his hardware.

NOT COOL!!!

Waiting for the dev to do the right thing. Taking a chance with his own coins to test is one thing telling everyone else to do the same without knowing the consequences is pure BS and not professional. Then he comes on and almost laughs it of saying he is in the same boat.....IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT.

Don't move them, then. My advice is it's better to move them now than wait a month and find out you should have moved them today. I'm not laughing anything off. I completely understand the severity of both the benefits and consequences of my decision

I made a mistake, yes, I'm not denying it. I put a wrong timestamp for 2014 instead of 2020, but I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day. All of you are being very selfish and looking at day to day staking. That's like looking at the moon one night and extrapolating patterns of revolutions. PoS itself is not built to be monitored on a daily basis

This is a system built on yearly averages. After 24 hours you will start gaining coinage, which should increase your amount when you do finally stake

YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING - All you have to do is wait a little longer to start now, but there is no max, so once you start staking, your wallet will require ZERO maintenance and attention

Everyone is affected the same, whether you are staking on a desktop or our units. The only reason not to fork is there are already specialized units out there that do nothing but stake these coins. If they don't update, they are useless, and not everyone will update them

OK I will calm down a little if you can answer one thing.

You said above "I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day" then said "YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING",
How exactly is this possible?Huh?
legendary
can you make me clear..i have 100 000 coin i bought ..so to stake what should i do..how much should they stay in wallet with out moving to stake

If you've moved them in the last 2 days, don't do anything except keep the wallet open to start accumulating coinage
Activity: 826
Merit: 255

NOT COOL!!!

If your clients for hardware pay you 100$ per units I personaly investing +1.5 BTC in this coins. This is fair for you but not for all. Not all are in same boat.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
can you make me clear..i have 100 000 coin i bought ..so to stake what should i do..how much should they stay in wallet with out moving to stake
legendary

NOT COOL!!!

Activity: 18

I know right!  The dev of the coin tells us we have to move our coins then we find out we could lose up to 30 days of staking coins. That is a very large amount of balls possibly lost (200K + in wallet) and it is the Dev's fault. It was NOT an accidental event, the dev has admitted to making a mistake that caused this.

NOT COOL!!!

legendary

Possibly. But that also means there will be no max coinage, which means you can stake them forever once you get there without having to reset it

If we not gonna get any staked balls for a month, this situations is not fair. Same people, probable more milions coins holders indirectly but realy are being penalized by your solutions.

Making people update their staking hardware to a new fork immediately upon receiving their unit is not fair. Many are out and people will load them up as soon as getting them without checking the thread first

My decisions for this coin have been and always will be for the benefit of people using our staking hardware and ease of use for those units. That is very clear in the OP. This might not be a good thing to say, but those of you using our staking hardware to use BALLS are more important to me than those on a desktop. Making someone update a brand new unit the day they receive it, or stake on an old chain, is not a fair solution. They paid money for their unit, so I will make decisions based on making those easier to use. We could include a fork on all future units, obviously, but all of them already out would be fucked unless they updated, which could corrupt wallets if it's old chains

It's up to you guys whether you mine it or not. We have plans to use this coin as an incentive program towards our Snowball hardware customers. It has a use for us. Whether you want to participate or not is cool either way. The goal is to provide a low cost, standalone staking device that can earn more than high cost, high energy mining hardware. Minting is the future of low cost coin generation and we are at the forefront both with Maieuticoin and now Snowballs, which are created to out-perform proof of work chains for minting profits vs mining costs

Possibly. But that also means there will be no max coinage, which means you can stake them forever once you get there without having to reset it

If we not gonna get any staked balls for a month, this situations is not fair. Same people, probable more milions coins holders indirectly but realy are being penalized by your solutions.
legendary

Possibly. But that also means there will be no max coinage, which means you can stake them forever once you get there without having to reset it. I did tell you guys yesterday if you were staking already or very recently that you shouldn't move them. Anyone who moved them yesterday did so against my advice of not moving coins that were actively staking

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

legendary

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

legendary
*** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT ***

Just so everyone knows...we are going to keep what we have going on right now, for a little while at least

This was caused by a protocol switch. I had intended to set the timestamp to Christmas of 2020, but instead did Christmas of this year. I messed up one entry in the entire coin; sucks, but it happens. However, while unintended, I think we are going to leave it as it is. The reasons are simple

1) We already have hardware units shipped out that are staking with the current code. Forcing them to update within a month of getting their unit could compromise their staking time if they don't see it right away, which completely eliminates the purpose of the Snowball Staking Hardware

2) People are still staking. Blocks are still flowing. The network hasn't come to a halt, so no immediate emergency

3) I've done some math on what greater affect this will have on the coin. I believe it will increase blockchain security with the new calculation method, while giving us yet another tool to use for inflation control by changing how stake weight is calculated. Stake rate remains unchanged once you start staking; the change has affected when you start, not how you stake

4) I don't feel like dealing with people who get left behind because they didn't update. Somehow this is always my fault to people and I just don't want to deal with it again

What is this coin now?
Good question. From my understanding, the way stake weight is calculated has changed. I moved all my coins yesterday before finding this, so I will be able to tell you guys how long it takes to mature from nothing now. It would appear that maturity time has been increased, but once you start staking, you're in the same boat you were before Christmas. It would also appear that you actually start gaining coinage after 24 hours, but will not stake immediately. This is where the analysis takes two turns. I am under the impression that it will now require 30 days for coins to mature, while the other person assessing the situation with me doesn't think it will affect maturity times or stake rate too much, so I guess we will see what happens. If people weren't staking and the network halted, I would fork it immediately, but since neither of those has happened, I think we will roll with it for the time being. I will update the OP to be more accurate once we have more data to analyze. We also seem to be ignoring max coinage, which, again, will need to be verified by further analysis a month from now since I just reset my coinage yesterday to try debugging what other people were experiencing

My suggestion:
If you are actively staking, don't move your coins. If you haven't staked since the week before Christmas, I recommend moving them once as soon as possible, then not moving them ever again

I'm expecting a lot of negative feedback for this decision, but it is no secret BALLS was created for the sole purpose of helping us with Snowball Staking Hardware and customers of those units. Without alienating a good portion of our customer base with a hard fork, I am choosing to go down a path that ensures people using our hardware are not negatively impacted by having to update / chance of not updating and losing coins

*** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT *** IMPORTANT ***
Activity: 26
hi

any news about the stake appening ?

48h not staking......

b.r.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I bought 100 000 balls ..how much stake could i expect daily
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
I bought 100 000 balls ..how much stake could i expect daily
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
That can be it.

I am never move any coin from my wallet too.

my wallet is staking normal, i am only one?

I think so.  I put 10K in my wallet about 49 hours ago, and nothing yet.  That in and of itself, doesn't really scare me, but the network graph on the wallet does. 
Just gotta wait till spots explains the situation. 

do you try latest "xmass" wallet?

I have the Christmas wallet and I stake every day.

Like I said earlier though I have not moved any coins at all. I first put coins in my wallet on Nov 4th, after the POW phase.

So far my first stake for the 27th is unconfirmed, offline, but I usually get a stake until it is confirmed.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
my wallet is staking normal, i am only one?

I think so.  I put 10K in my wallet about 49 hours ago, and nothing yet.  That in and of itself, doesn't really scare me, but the network graph on the wallet does. 
Just gotta wait till spots explains the situation. 

do you try latest "xmass" wallet?

I have the Christmas wallet and I stake every day.

Like I said earlier though I have not moved any coins at all. I first put coins in my wallet on Nov 4th, after the POW phase.

So far my first stake for the 27th is unconfirmed, offline, but I usually get a stake until it is confirmed.

Pages:
Jump to: