Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 94. (Read 257518 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I wouldn't have moved coins unless you know you were up for the monthly reset
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I was staking fine for 3 weeks and on 25 december staking stopped.

Blocks are being found, but there is something wrong with wallet.

I have send coins to my self and waiting untill they mature to see if things change.
legendary
If blocks stop being fpund, we have a problem, but I've triple checked and everything seems to be ok network-wise

In what way can we have a problem? Can you be more specific? You iGotSpots are a dev of this coin, we have invested some BTC here and I would like to know exactly what is happening. You should be able to tell us something concrete

This is like asking a pilot to explain why the plane is crashing when you hit 3 seconds of turbulence. There is nothing wrong on the network, so there is nothing to report

Blocks are being found every few minutes, which means people are staking as normal. If a block is found, someone just staked, so it's obviously still working. I'm not sure what you want me to say, I'm not going to make up an issue and say there is a problem if there's not

From what I've seen most of those who reported a problem with the fact that no staking, there are some who have hundreds of thousands of coins. We should be more careful to seek solutions and taking the situation seriously.

The only thing I have in mind is everything to be treated seriously, before he reached to collapse altogether.

Of those who had problems and they reset coins age, anyone who earned stakes again? please leave a message and others to know that.

It's going to take at least 24 hours
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I've never messed with the conf file of BALLS, just used the default configs and had no problems at all with staking.

Activity: 826
Merit: 255
If blocks stop being fpund, we have a problem, but I've triple checked and everything seems to be ok network-wise

In what way can we have a problem? Can you be more specific? You iGotSpots are a dev of this coin, we have invested some BTC here and I would like to know exactly what is happening. You should be able to tell us something concrete

This is like asking a pilot to explain why the plane is crashing when you hit 3 seconds of turbulence. There is nothing wrong on the network, so there is nothing to report

Blocks are being found every few minutes, which means people are staking as normal. If a block is found, someone just staked, so it's obviously still working. I'm not sure what you want me to say, I'm not going to make up an issue and say there is a problem if there's not

From what I've seen most of those who reported a problem with the fact that no staking, there are some who have hundreds of thousands of coins. We should be more careful to seek solutions and taking the situation seriously.

The only thing I have in mind is everything to be treated seriously, before he reached to collapse altogether.

Of those who had problems and they reset coins age, anyone who earned stakes again? please leave a message and others to know that.
legendary

Yes, blocks are being found, so yes the coin is working, but could there be rogue nodes that are preventing things from running smoothly on some peoples wallets. Can someone who is staking properly post a snowballs.conf file to check whether we all have the same working nodes? This could explain some people working and others not even if the blockchain is fine. Absolutely NOT freaking out here just curious and confused why so many have this problem at the same time....

My guess is difficulty is high for the stake weight, which will drop as it does with every coin ever made, if stake weight stays low

You guys are trying to watch a yearly based mathematical system on a day to day (and hour to hour) basis. Averages based on yearly calculations just don't work like that. You can't take one day and extrapolate it to the entire year as your baseline
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Yes, blocks are being found, so yes the coin is working, but could there be rogue nodes that are preventing things from running smoothly on some peoples wallets. Can someone who is staking properly post a snowballs.conf file to check whether we all have the same working nodes? This could explain some people working and others not even if the blockchain is fine. Absolutely NOT freaking out here just curious and confused why so many have this problem at the same time....
legendary
Block info for Snowballs
Block:      140,396
Block Time: 1m:48s

Last block was found 1 minute, 48 seconds ago. If there are any problems, it's on your personal machines because other people are staking with no problem. It doesn't matter which client you are using. They are exactly the same, just with different pictures
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Well I think we cant ignore all these users coming forward all saying their wallet is not staking after christmas. Is it possible those user that updated to the "Christmas edition" wallet are affected, and those that had regular balls wallet or not affected? Just a thought. ill say it again.. something is not right.

Vegas

I'll try it out if it would be possible that the christmas edition is having trouble. I'll see it in 24 hours, moved my 625k to my new Mac with the christmas edition wallet on it.

Just don't panic, maybe most of us just hitted the max coinage as iGotSpots said.

Problem is occuring on the normal & christmas edition.

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Well I think we cant ignore all these users coming forward all saying their wallet is not staking after christmas. Is it possible those user that updated to the "Christmas edition" wallet are affected, and those that had regular balls wallet or not affected? Just a thought. ill say it again.. something is not right.

Vegas

I'll try it out if it would be possible that the christmas edition is having trouble. I'll see it in 24 hours, moved my 625k to my new Mac with the christmas edition wallet on it.

Just don't panic, maybe most of us just hitted the max coinage as iGotSpots said.

legendary

legendary

Vegas

Doesn't matter. It was just a UI change

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

Vegas
legendary
If blocks stop being found anywhere, we have a problem, but I've triple checked and everything seems to be ok network-wise
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
i stake 12 times yesterday Christmas ok for me 0 orphan
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Same problem here, I have only received 3 stakes from the 25th and all were orphaned. 100% orphaned. What is going on? My orphaned rate has always been less than 15%.
Why did this coincide with the drop in network stake rate? Very strange! I have had my wallet since november and until yesterday everything was working fine.
legendary
I've been staking all day. Last block was 2 minutes ago. There are no problems. If there is a problem with your personal staking, the issue is on your end. I'm still staking like normal, as are other people (or blocks would not be found). The network is fine

Staking is just like mining, where you won't always find a block immediately when eligible. You could take a week to stake if you have bad luck, but the amount would be very large due to coinage. I really wish you guys would listen when I tell you over and over that if you don't stake every 24 hours you get a larger amount. The freaking out would drop to a minimum once people realize they get the exact same amount of coins overall, whether they stake once a week or 20 times a day

What you say @iGotSpots seems logical. You say that in 7 days can staking 7 times the value of 7 days. No one has waited until now to staking once every seven days, and what is troubling is that so far nobody has reported so far. We all staked regularly several times a day, not once in a number of days. Safety WILL BE WHEN staking regularly at a certain percentage of the amount of the wallet, as it was until yesterday. I hope everything is only temporary.

Right, but if there was a problem on the network, then blocks would not be found. If a block is found, someone just staked. The last block was found 3 minutes and 20 seconds ago
Pages:
Jump to: