Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 98. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 513
Merit: 500
Crypto ehalvers
Looks like it is back up.

Can anyone tell if the mining was working during downtime?

No, it was completely dead during downtime.

Fuck. Looks like at least one of my rigs didn't start back up again Cry
Activity: 285
Merit: 250

No, it was completely dead during downtime.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

I don't think it will work during downtime.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Pools should both be back up. I don't have any other details, sorry
Crypto ehalvers

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
I would like to see the multipool running again also plz.

Thank you
Vegas
Crypto ehalvers
Not sure on the pool, haven't talked to ThePeePs today

any chance you could get a hold of him? Seems to have been going on for a while now. I'm not near my rigs atm to see if they are still up lol
legendary
Not sure on the pool, haven't talked to ThePeePs today

Exploring more features that can be included in the Yeti. There are still a few selling points to it that haven't been discussed, yet, but the progress on these is moving very, very quickly

For example, tonight I'm working on a new blocking system for ads that is built into the access point, rather than requiring each individual connection to have it set up locally
Activity: 285
Multipool working right now?

I doesn't seem so. Embarrassed

Hope it isn't a DOS attack, a few multipools were attacked the last days like Tompool and Multipool.us.
Crypto ehalvers
Multipool working right now?
legendary
Added a Mac wallet to this build. Basically, we just added IRC to the client. Now you can play trivia from the QT and earn free BALLS for every correct answer!

Not only is this a great incentive to hang out with the 50 people already in the channel, but it also gives you guys a direct line of communication to both myself for BALLS and MMXIV, as well as ThePeePs, who runs and operates both multipools. Enjoy and good luck!ey

Hey mate, I don't think this is the right source Smiley I wanted to compile the wallet with the IRC on linux for myself - but it says it hasn't changed since the 80k fork.

The source has not been updated with IRC, correct. I want to keep that off Github for our hardware pulls for now (we have our own private one we are working with for later). It uses a few dependencies we don't use for the staking hardware

The only difference between mainnet and github right now is the IRC Chat tab in Windows and Mac. They are both 1.0.4 and will both work and sync up

Here is the source with IRC on a temporary link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KhUdXDh1RqY1FaR1ZOQWFJN0E
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Added a Mac wallet to this build. Basically, we just added IRC to the client. Now you can play trivia from the QT and earn free BALLS for every correct answer!

Not only is this a great incentive to hang out with the 50 people already in the channel, but it also gives you guys a direct line of communication to both myself for BALLS and MMXIV, as well as ThePeePs, who runs and operates both multipools. Enjoy and good luck!ey

Hey mate, I don't think this is the right source Smiley I wanted to compile the wallet with the IRC on linux for myself - but it says it hasn't changed since the 80k fork.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257

Not only is this a great incentive to hang out with the 50 people already in the channel, but it also gives you guys a direct line of communication to both myself for BALLS and MMXIV, as well as ThePeePs, who runs and operates both multipools. Enjoy and good luck!

EDIT: Resetting the scores on the trivia bot right now. According to drew, who runs the tip bots, he had an issue with HYP earlier, so all bots are down for maintenance. I will tip your score once it comes back if you play prior to its return

welcome back nice work again!
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
Sorry for using this picture, but I couldn't have possibly even created a better one...

The Yeti

First there was the Snowball
Maieuticoin and Snowballs were the first coins to produce a mass market, easy to scale, standalone staking wallet. These units proved to us there was an interest in hardware and we aim to continue innovating in any way we can. The Yeti is the next step in our evolution of devices. Not only is this device perfect for someone who wants to keep their actions their own, but it also helps to add yet another layer of security between your money and any external threats when used as a complete system with our staking hardware

Now there is the Yeti
The Yeti aims to decrease visibility one step further than most coins do. While your transactions are still easily available in the public ledger, the Yeti adds a layer of interference between your devices and their destination. Instead of trying to provide plausible deniability through the blockchain and transactions, the Yeti instead provides a wireless network that processes all information and traffic through the Tor network. When used together with the Snowball staking hardware, these two handy, easy to afford devices, provide two additional layers of security between your wealth and anyone who has malicious intent

Who is this good for?
If you want to browse anonymously on a netbook, tablet, phone, or other mobile or console device that cannot run Tor and does not have an Ethernet connection. If you do not want to or cannot install Tor on your work laptop or loan computer

What is Tor?
Tor is an onion routing service - every internet packet goes through 3 layers of relays before going to your destination. This makes it much harder for the server you are accessing (or anyone snooping on your Internet use) to figure out who you are and where you are coming from. It is an excellent way to allow people who are blocked from accessing websites to get around those restrictions

What exactly does it do?
The Yeti is connected to your modem or router via ethernet and creates a wireless network that can be used to push all traffic from connected devices through Tor. This includes mobile devices, tablets, phones, desktops, laptops, or any other device that is enabled for wireless, as well as our standalone staking hardware devices. The Yeti creates a new wireless access point and does not interfere with any current or future wireless networks. You can run the Yeti and your current wireless setup simultaneously

Pricing and availability
These units will not be pre-orders like the first round of Snowballs were. We have been keeping this quiet for a while, but it is almost ready to go. Just a little more testing and user friendly features to add. We plan to open sales to both domestic and international customers simultaneously this round with no limit to the number of units that can be purchased per address. More unit specifications will be available when we start taking orders

Design subject to change. The wireless antenna is not pictured above

When Yeti testing is complete and sales open...
Payments will be accepted only in Snowballs (BALLS)

No ETA as of this post, but it will be soon

that pretty amazing...
Activity: 279
Merit: 100
nice hardware with name yeti , it's so cool Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
wow gonna order mine very soon... eagerly waiting mah YETI
legendary
That looks very cool btw.. Smiley
+1

I just started with Snowballs and bought some... good time, they seem stable now.  Smiley

Greets!

Good timing  Wink  Welcome
Activity: 266
+1

I just started with Snowballs and bought some... good time, they seem stable now.  Smiley

Greets!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
legendary
Sorry for using this picture, but I couldn't have possibly even created a better one...

The Yeti

First there was the Snowball
Maieuticoin and Snowballs were the first coins to produce a mass market, easy to scale, standalone staking wallet. These units proved to us there was an interest in hardware and we aim to continue innovating in any way we can. The Yeti is the next step in our evolution of devices. Not only is this device perfect for someone who wants to keep their actions their own, but it also helps to add yet another layer of security between your money and any external threats when used as a complete system with our staking hardware

Now there is the Yeti
The Yeti aims to decrease visibility one step further than most coins do. While your transactions are still easily available in the public ledger, the Yeti adds a layer of interference between your devices and their destination. Instead of trying to provide plausible deniability through the blockchain and transactions, the Yeti instead provides a wireless network that processes all information and traffic through the Tor network. When used together with the Snowball staking hardware, these two handy, easy to afford devices, provide two additional layers of security between your wealth and anyone who has malicious intent

Who is this good for?
If you want to browse anonymously on a netbook, tablet, phone, or other mobile or console device that cannot run Tor and does not have an Ethernet connection. If you do not want to or cannot install Tor on your work laptop or loan computer

What is Tor?
Tor is an onion routing service - every internet packet goes through 3 layers of relays before going to your destination. This makes it much harder for the server you are accessing (or anyone snooping on your Internet use) to figure out who you are and where you are coming from. It is an excellent way to allow people who are blocked from accessing websites to get around those restrictions

What exactly does it do?
The Yeti is connected to your modem or router via ethernet and creates a wireless network that can be used to push all traffic from connected devices through Tor. This includes mobile devices, tablets, phones, desktops, laptops, or any other device that is enabled for wireless, as well as our standalone staking hardware devices. The Yeti creates a new wireless access point and does not interfere with any current or future wireless networks. You can run the Yeti and your current wireless setup simultaneously

Pricing and availability
These units will not be pre-orders like the first round of Snowballs were. We have been keeping this quiet for a while, but it is almost ready to go. Just a little more testing and user friendly features to add. We plan to open sales to both domestic and international customers simultaneously this round with no limit to the number of units that can be purchased per address. More unit specifications will be available when we start taking orders

Design subject to change. The wireless antenna is not pictured above

When Yeti testing is complete and sales open...
Payments will be accepted only in Snowballs (BALLS)

No ETA as of this post, but it will be soon
Pages:
Jump to: