Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 72. (Read 444821 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace
it's known SONM will build its own Plasma chain to scale.... Why was that path decided instead of using another non-ethereum blockchain?

The purpose behind to build this sidechain to provide cheaper and faster transaction as all are aware of ongoing issue on Ethereum blockchain sometimes this network get overloaded when gas war get started. That is the reason why they are using other way to implement this on this network.

its decentralization for individual projects. Why risk the lack of scaling abilities through bottlenecks when you can run your own chain at lower costs and higher speed. God i love this team
Ano
Activity: 1148
Merit: 253
it's known SONM will build its own Plasma chain to scale.... Why was that path decided instead of using another non-ethereum blockchain?

The purpose behind to build this sidechain to provide cheaper and faster transaction as all are aware of ongoing issue on Ethereum blockchain sometimes this network get overloaded when gas war get started. That is the reason why they are using other way to implement this on this network.
Activity: 827
Merit: 502
Activity: 283
Merit: 12
How do you deal with the fact that by having to build your own plasma chain you at the same time are totally responsible for the security of it?

Greetings!

At the moment, the sidechain is supported by the Assembly, and in the future it is planned to share this responsibility with the community.
You can read more in this article, in the "Work to be outsourced to community" section: https://blog.sonm.io/sonm-masternodes-details-draft-38edb5c81921

Stay tuned
SONM team
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
How do you deal with the fact that by having to build your own plasma chain you at the same time are totally responsible for the security of it?
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
When is the mainnet of SONM is this still expected to be in September? or has the date changed, can't seem to the find the info anywhere

same, found no info about it 
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
When is the mainnet of SONM is this still expected to be in September? or has the date changed, can't seem to the find the info anywhere

Did you go to their website and check out there roadmap or whitepaper? The crypto iaas mainnet went live june 30th, the general purpose net will go live August 31st.

Thanks I was probablly referring to the general purpose net, to be honest I did have a look at the website and the roadmap is not evidently visible
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May we know which external party do you hire for the audits? Is it a well known entity like Quantstamp/zklabs ?
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
Beyond Your Imagination
Hi , I had bought Sonm long time ago but still keep in MyEther Wallet, Is that ok and safe if i just keep there?

it is as safe as MEW is.

If you are seeking an increased safety buy yourself a Nano Ledger hardware wallet which will help you securing your MEW from hackers and phishing attempts.
Activity: 126
BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 30/9 | JOIN NOW!

Did you go to their website and check out there roadmap or whitepaper? The crypto iaas mainnet went live june 30th, the general purpose net will go live August 31st.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Activity: 196
TACHAIN Entertainment and Transportation Synergy
Do you know when monero mining? Is it coming with August release? In addition, when August release?
A reply to this question was already given by the Igor Lebedev.
You've probably missed that.
https://t.me/sonm_eng/247699

- Connor market maker bot (the one who purchases resources for mining) is making test runs. Currently it works on Ethereum with total megahash per one deal not exceeding 50 Mh. In the upcoming days we will unlock this limit. Soon (some days) launching second Connor for Zcash. Then - Monero (with a new benchmark for Monero). It is already open source, but not yet promoted. After this mentioned updates, we will promote Connor for pro cloud miners. This is key component right now.

thats fantastic news, i have a feeling the vast majority of users (over 95%) in the first year will be miners or mining companies because those profits will be instantaneous. Once word spreads, other companies will jump on board

They will show interest towards the mining because the can easily make some free money through the hardware they have. You can see in the Begining, people find it very difficult to mine but now it is very easy to mine other coins. You are right once the word is spreading means many people will start showing interest towards the project.

The Sonm team should launch a bounty campaign exclusive to the mining section of this forum, so the community can spread the word internally.
Activity: 378
Do you know when monero mining? Is it coming with August release? In addition, when August release?
A reply to this question was already given by the Igor Lebedev.
You've probably missed that.
https://t.me/sonm_eng/247699

- Connor market maker bot (the one who purchases resources for mining) is making test runs. Currently it works on Ethereum with total megahash per one deal not exceeding 50 Mh. In the upcoming days we will unlock this limit. Soon (some days) launching second Connor for Zcash. Then - Monero (with a new benchmark for Monero). It is already open source, but not yet promoted. After this mentioned updates, we will promote Connor for pro cloud miners. This is key component right now.

thats fantastic news, i have a feeling the vast majority of users (over 95%) in the first year will be miners or mining companies because those profits will be instantaneous. Once word spreads, other companies will jump on board

They will show interest towards the mining because the can easily make some free money through the hardware they have. You can see in the Begining, people find it very difficult to mine but now it is very easy to mine other coins. You are right once the word is spreading means many people will start showing interest towards the project.
Activity: 182
Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace
We don't make a profit, that's okay, sonm has an aim to make money, profit, right? What can you say about Sonm's financial statements to investors? Huh

Greetings!
At the moment, SONM has no mechanism to generate income. We have raised funds for ICO and they are enough to develop at least a few years. In the future, we may introduce some solutions to generate revenue for the company. Also, at the moment we do not provide financial reports.

Stay tuned
SONM team

When the network gets more and more used, you could introduce dividends from network fees, not just to masternode holders but general investors as well
Activity: 1148
Merit: 269
Hi , I had bought Sonm long time ago but still keep in MyEther Wallet, Is that ok and safe if i just keep there?

it is as safe as MEW is.
yes your mew is safe if you don't use HOLA chrome extension or browser
HOLA was hacked and MEW developers announce that in their MEW twitter official channel. check out their official channel
if you using HOLA and put you Private key in MEW to access your wallet then your wallet might be at risk
sonm is now in a very good state and its price is also very buy-able now 
Activity: 686
Merit: 261
It's high time to declare that the Fog Computing Challenge Stage 1 is over: a few of the participants have successfully completed the given tasks and have gone to the Stage 2! Read the blog article for the detailed results:

https://medium.com/@sonm/results-of-the-sonm-fog-computing-challenge-67f2e42ed5ed
hdn
Activity: 682

it is as safe as MEW is.

Thank you mate, undrstood what do you mean
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

it is as safe as MEW is.
hdn
Activity: 682
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
I am thinking to invest in SONM an i was just looking at SONM, and i was wondering if you guys can tell me why the price has dropped too much, Any upcoming news that can effect its price?

Greetings!
We do not give advice and recommendations, and do not do analysis, analysis of trading / stock market

Stay tuned
SONM team

Crypto is high volatile market so nobody can predict about the future of any project if we are smart to follow the market direction than we can have some luck with our investment. I have advice for you never follow others opinion always use your own mind before invest into any project. I'm long term investors so that I believe future of this project will be brighter.
Pages:
Jump to: