Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 68. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Diff already back down to 1.5. Told you they wouldn't get us stuck high

I wasn't too worried, I didn't stop mining.   Tongue  It just kind of caught my interest for a second. I definitely like the idea of buying precious metals with this one... will probably keep mining till I get a few thousand with my puny little 1200 kh/s rig...
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Diff already back down to 1.5. Told you they wouldn't get us stuck high
legendary
Difficulty just shot up to 25... I think someone is solo mining the shit out of it right now :\

Looks like it. Just saw over 600 mHash on the network. It will adjust back down as soon as they stop, though, no worries
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Difficulty just shot up to 25... I think someone is solo mining the shit out of it right now :\
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Still the Best 1973
Whoops, missed your reply! I hope this (again!) isn't too late. Thanks!

MD9gtm1MQAG8HZL7dUgVkFTmU85dKH5jwh
legendary
I would be interested in selling some silver for spots, are you going to offer a service for buying and selling metals?

Yes, we will be
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I would be interested in selling some silver for spots, are you going to offer a service for buying and selling metals?
legendary
what protocol is this? Scrypt, SHA, PrimeCoin.. other???

Scrypt
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
what protocol is this? Scrypt, SHA, PrimeCoin.. other???
legendary
Ok, so just quick update on the progress with Spots.

Yesterday, we got added to coins-e, which is great. Now we can get a stable price and move forward with the precious metals program. The two pools are both still up and stable, and our network hashrate is generally around 50 mHash with spikes as high as 300+. So far the client syncing issue some people are having is the only problem we have come across.

Now, to address the gold and silver exchange a little bit more in depth before I actually release any real information:

1) There will be a physical store for Spots to be redeemed for gold and silver

2) Yes, we will have a website and ship to you (obviously)

3) The coin is not called Spots because of my carpet cleaning company. My carpet cleaning company was named Got Spots because I had planned to do SOMETHING with precious metals in the future, and wanted a universal name.

4) It appears some of you may think we are bullshitting with our plans. That's fine, I welcome questions. If I don't have the answer to all of them, that means you brought up a valid point that needed more research, and I thank you for that.

I was explaining a little bit the other day that we need a value set to Spots before we can roll out the gold and silver. The reason is simple...if we started the exchange now, and at current prices, there is only enough Spots mined throughout the whole network so far to sell 2 ounces of gold. That's it, then we would have 100% of the Spots in the network. That's not acceptable. There are still less than 125,000 total Spots mined. These are rare coins, not a "mine 50 million in a day just to pump and dump for a few weeks"

Here's a few pictures of one of our carpet cleaning stores where the precious metals will get their start. This is the oldest of them and eventually we will move to all 3 locations, but we are going to use our smallest store to get started. I just wanted to prove to you guys that we are serious and already know how to run successful businesses.

If you read all this, then sweet, I'm glad you're on the Spots mining crew!

-Pfeff (iGotSpots)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Where can you put this for mac:

I looked into the spots/application support folder and there is no config...

Create a new plaintext file at ~/Library/Application Support/Spots/ (that's /Users/[YOURUSERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Spots/) called spots.conf.
legendary
Santa really gives a thumbs up to this coin.  I like it! I have put 4000 KH on it and have also listed a bunch of coins on coins-e.com for sale to stimulate the market.  I will be placing buy orders shortly too.  Keep up the good work!

Awesome, thanks. Welcome aboard!
legendary

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=Your Miner IP
rpcport=Your Miner Port
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493
maxconnections=100

addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229

Never used a mac but in windows it goes into %appdata%/spots and there is no conf you have to create it.  When you try to launch the client as a server just look st the error that pops up. It should say that spots.conf is missing and where it should go
Activity: 182

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=Your Miner IP
rpcport=Your Miner Port
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493
maxconnections=100

addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Santa really gives a thumbs up to this coin.  I like it! I have put 4000 KH on it and have also listed a bunch of coins on coins-e.com for sale to stimulate the market.  I will be placing buy orders shortly too.  Keep up the good work!
When I go to console and enter
getminerinfo

this comes up

{
"blocks" : 2240,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1.35185032,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 2743,
"networkhashps" : 46285680,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

good?
Mac Client now live at

https://app.box.com/s/gw7hpy7xug18wr3rmo9d

Please let me know if it works for you so I can pay the bounty
I connected to the network, seems ok.
Not able to mine in spt.coinmine.pl pool.
Trying the others...

Definitely use the first pool if you can. We need to spread the hash rate around.

I have never used a mac in my life sorry. Did the Mac client work at least? Just so I can pay the guy who made it if it works
Yeah seems ok - I wait for 1spot from the faucet so I am 100% sure...
Is solo mining worth the deal??

Post an address and I'll send you some. The difficulty is all over the place. At times it's good to solo and at times it's good to pool. Stick with one and they will even out in the long run

I also started solomining on mac. It seems that it works now at 2750-3000 H/s.
But I only have one connection and I didn't change anything in the entry fields.
I also didn't enter anything in the consule - I simply pressed the button "start mining" (hope that works)

Also, I am waiting for the faucet. - I got an email approx. 1 hour ago, that I would be sent shortly but so far nothing received.

Hopes this info helps.

I gladly help you with finding out if the mac client receives funds Wink

MCWBGgLDXWU7NTJz4YMdXR7LQoQQA31g7R

Thanks !!!
Mac Client now live at

https://app.box.com/s/gw7hpy7xug18wr3rmo9d

Please let me know if it works for you so I can pay the bounty

As far as I can tell it works.

But only 1 active node connection.

And I would like to know how I can use the built in mining feature, please.

(This is the first non major client (BTC/LTC/PPC) which didn't crash either upon start or when creating a new address)
So far so good !!!

MBP 2011
Snow Leopard
Okay !!!

Finally a new coin with a mac wallet - me happy (and its about precious metals I am doubly happy)!!!

Now the big question: the client supports soloming in the GUI (me happy again).

I only have a macbook pro with snowleopard on it. can I mine without killing my mac ? (please say yes!)
And if so, what do I have to enter in the entry fields?

- threads (default=1)
- scantime (default =1)
- Debug Logging (on or off? - default: off)
- server
- port
- username
- password

Thank you for your help!!!
Anyone else want 20 free Spots?

Oh yes please :

MCWBGgLDXWU7NTJz4YMdXR7LQoQQA31g7R

Pages:
Jump to: