Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 243. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
**Corrected some typos**

Spread Project Weekly Update #3

28th August 2015

Development Update

Development has been much slower than the team has been aiming for.  The reality is that we all have day jobs that we need to pay our rent, mortgages, bills and mining hardware addictions.  The result of this is that whilst there has been plenty of planning and discussion taking place, little progress has been made in terms of progression towards the next round of testnet testing.

Our current position is that the developers are going to be mainly occupied with their day jobs for at least the next two weeks, subject to change due to various variables.  Whilst progress in other areas can continue at pace, the team agreed yesterday to find a solution to the resource shortage.

Yesterday there was a lengthy discussion about the possibility of reaching out to competent people who can help with the aspects that Georgem and Chaos think can be taken off their list of things to do as the scope of the overall work is becoming more tangible.  Essentially, the proposal is that we create peripheral work packages and terms of engagement and look to the crypto community for assistance in delivering those work packages.

In terms of overall project position we are approaching a tipping point.  Once we have Proof of Bitcoin Node in testnet we hope and expect that the community will grow and that this will lead to a greater number of people helping with testing allowing us to focus our developer resources in either a tactical or strategic way, whichever is more appropriate for the path of the project.  

The difficulty we have right now is that whilst we have the skills to get PoBN to testnet, we don’t have the time to do so quickly enough to keep up with the future plans identified in the PoBN whitepaper and the recently issued  BIP (more on those later).

We would be very grateful for views and suggestions from the community on the issues described above.  We know of some very experienced developers who might be able to assist and would welcome any suggestions or offers for us to consider.  In the meantime, the core team will continue to focus on the sections of work that contribute to the overall project but might seem less important compared to getting testing started again. The foundation work is never truly appreciated but it does need to be done. (More on that next week when we might be able to talk about the masternode debugging tools).

Bitcoin Improvement Proposal

We have published a draft BIP via the Bitcoin Development Mailing List outlining a proposal to create a new mechanism to fund mining which may obviate the bitcoin block size debate over the long-term and permanently remove fees as a barrier for users.

Some excellent feedback has been received and most criticism has been constructive.  As a result of the feedback, we are going to split the BIP in to two separate BIPs in order to make the overall proposed objectives more manageable.

Spread, Openstream & PoBN Web Sites

A web site has been set up for Openstream, PoBN’s future portal.  The initial content is currently being written by Stonehedge and the new site will be live as soon as possible.

The Spread team have realised that Spreadcoin.info requires some updating, especially with links to the BIPs and whitepapers and Stonehedge will make the changes in due course.

Spread not Spreadcoin

There was a proposal to change project name from Spreadcoin to just Spread. While a decision has not been formally made, we wanted to live with the change for a week or two to get some feedback.

ShibesMoon

A pilot of the vanity gen competition is ongoing on the Dogecoin sub-Reddit. There has been some interesting feedback and some good points raised. More on this next week.

Chaositec’s Multipool

Chaositec’s multipool (http://miningcores.com/) has finished testing and is up and running with impressive performance statistics.  Two separate 24 hour tests showed that it is possible to rent Sha256 hashing power from Miningrigrentals.com and make an overall BTC profit using the pool!  If you have any miners available we recommend you give the pool a try for a few days.  Obviously performance depends on market conditions but at the moment, the results are excellent.

Chaositec has hired a front end designer who will be implementing a nice shiny front end around the 31st August.  

Chaositec reports that the overall exchange project (including Spreadcoin payouts) is about 80% complete but Chaositec is about 70% depleted ☺

Please note that the pool is currently down for maintenance and a few bug fixes.  Normal service will be resumed soon.  

Communications

Stonehedge apologises for the lack of update last week.  As promised the updates will continue on a weekly basis.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Can someone please sum up the progress of SPR in one post please.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
legendary
This is a very good discussion on Reddit on costs and bandwidth of running a full bitcoin node

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ik1l2/current_bandwidth_usage_on_full_node/

Limiting the number of connecting nodes obviously regulates the bandwidth.
legendary
Thanks for help coins101

Is already running. But if I follow more this tip can improve ?

you can ignore my post. Georgem's release is all you need.

Thanks Georgem for working late on that fix.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

Here you go with the most recent windows wallets:

New preview wallet that will always find a block source within 20 sec and has all the recent bug fixes:

http://www.spreadcoin.info/downloads/preview_wallet_1.zip

Or if you choose to use the old wallet, I updated that too (so that it always finds a block source):

http://www.spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoin32.zip

I will create builds for mac / linux later.

Woooooo amazing .... yes, it works , it works !!!! Very thanks Georgem
thank you for staying up and solve the problem!
Congratulations! Thank you for your help. This shows everyone that the project has a good future !

Try some active nodes

Sorry , but would someone gives an active nodes...Smiley

Sure,

Code:
addnode=5.35.253.206
addnode=94.23.23.194
addnode=52.17.253.8
addnode=37.59.18.108

Thanks for help coins101

Is already running. But if I follow more this tip can improve ?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I very liked  idea of Spread, well I decided go to dowload of wallet for start this journey.

But my wallet not working, in wallet says - No block source available -  and - 0 active connections to SpreadCoin network
I use Windows 7 pro x64

I very wish use Spread, but my wallet not work.

Here you go with the most recent windows wallets:

New preview wallet that will always find a block source within 20 sec and has all the recent bug fixes:

http://www.spreadcoin.info/downloads/preview_wallet_1.zip

Or if you choose to use the old wallet, I updated that too (so that it always finds a block source):

http://www.spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoin32.zip

I will create builds for mac / linux later.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Hi everybody,

Sorry my bad english.

I very liked  idea of Spread, well I decided go to dowload of wallet for start this journey.

But my wallet not working, in wallet says - No block source available -  and - 0 active connections to SpreadCoin network

I researched in the forum, but not found any answer to help me.

I try dowload a link official of site http://spreadcoin.info/downloads.php , and a link indicated by Georgem https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11262666

I downloaded and executed, but, does not work, same problem, say - No block source available -  and - 0 active connections to SpreadCoin network

How to solved my problem?

I use Windows 7 pro x64

One moment please, I will prepare new wallets, will have them finished in 1-2 hours.
legendary
Hi everybody,

Sorry my bad english.

I try dowload a link official of site http://spreadcoin.info/downloads.php , and a link indicated by Georgem https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11262666

I downloaded and executed, but, does not work, same problem, say - No block source available -  and - 0 active connections to SpreadCoin network

I use Windows 7 pro x64

Try some active nodes

Sorry , but would someone gives an active nodes...Smiley

Sure,

Code:
addnode=5.35.253.206
addnode=94.23.23.194
addnode=52.17.253.8
addnode=37.59.18.108
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi everybody,

Sorry my bad english.

I use Windows 7 pro x64

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Just a quick note to people following this project.

As I'm sure you noticed there was no weekly update last week.  This was in part because of day job demands.  I'm working with a new client and it is taking me a while to adjust.

I said in my original post about updates that there would always be an update regardless of progress (or lack of).  I dropped the ball last week for which I apologise.

I will be writing an update on Friday.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
OK here is the new smooth animation:

http://youtu.be/6K_poa7sD04

Enjoy

Edit:
I will be away from this forum for 3 days. I will be back on the 29th.
legendary
Click Here to See Spreadcoin transform into Spread in HD
So yeah, I made this.

Damnit, I had the shading set to flat, so you can see the surface of the liquid has hard edges. Sad
Better do it again...

lol. Great attention to detail  Cool

Reasonably busy day on slack - getting some interesting feedback to the BIP.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Click Here to See Spreadcoin transform into Spread in HD
So yeah, I made this.

Damnit, I had the shading set to flat, so you can see the surface of the liquid has hard edges. Sad
Better do it again...
legendary
Crypto since 2014
I agree with changing Spreadcoin to Spread.

Heres a video of it:
https://youtu.be/NLcNXX5BjRw

Enjoy.

Is it bad that this video makes me think of my liver?

Funny you should say that.... I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom after watching the video.
It's like it stimulated the release valve of my bladder.

It happens sometimes when I watch liquifying things...  Grin
An HD version of that animation is coming out in a few hours. Cheesy

Edit: Each frame takes 37 seconds to render, animation is 440 frames.
legendary
I think a more interesting approach would be dividing the pool equally among anyone actively "mining" for the reward at the point in time it is discovered.  This would ensure people with limited hardware capabilities could participate in something that would ultimately yield a reward and wouldn't be a completely frivolous waste of time and resources for everyone involved with the exception of a single individual.  Rather than a competition, it would be something the community could share in excitement over which could potentially spill over into spread.  

Still thinking about this - and I stumbled against an issue.

If I knew I had found the van gen, I would just let the bounty build up and up, knowing I'd already won.

So, perhaps a game of chicken is needed. The prize would build up, but you never know when X% is going to cash out and be spread around the participating community or various groups within the community chosen on a provably random basis. The remaining balance would be built up again, but at any stage some or all of it could be shared around.

That would make the competition unpredictable, and hopefully more exciting for everyone.

hmm...needs more thinking....

edit

Perhaps having:

* SatoshiNakamoto1
* SatoshiNakamoto2
* SatoshiNakamoto3

in play at the same time might deal with someone sitting on a win.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
Been away recently. What's new?

Reading over the Dogecoin competition, that chart quite a few pages back probably sums up the feedback. The higher the prize, the greater the interest.

One of the guys has done his numbers and worked out its better to mine than risk using up power for an unknown all or nothing outcome. Increase the prize by 1,000 times and I would be happy to take the risk.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Would that mean doing both a longer term competition and the monthly competition each with different amounts of reward? I do like the idea of the monthly competition, I think more individuals would be interested because people are generally too impatient to wait 2 years - at least I would get impatient hahah
Jump to: