Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 299. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
An what does this SpreadCoin VPS Node accomplish ?

Anything a normal node can't do ?
Well, it is on 24/7 and it has a lot of bandwidth. I guess they are the main benefits.
Theres also the fact that you don't need to leave your own computer on all the time, which could be a fire hazard.

Lol ok then but it seems pretty pointless though.

You do know computers are designed to be always on right.... In the past 25 year of dealing with PC's I haven't had one ever catch fire or overheat unless it was a dust problem Cool
It won't be pointless when we have servicenodes, which will require significant CPU power. (from what I've heard)

Significant CPU usage you mean, well that's not good at all, things are meant to be energy efficient, its like your basically saying "Yes we have servicenodes but you can't run them on a PC properly & will get kicked due to using too much resources and not performing well with score, you won't be able to do anything else on it so you run them on your rented VPS to secure your servicenode and score"
When I say significant power, iIm talking about when (hopefully) Spreadcoin gets popular. Because then we will have one masternode servicenode managing many peers and performing services and that is why they will have high CPU usage.

Right now they will use low amounts of CPU power.

Will you get stakes or a reward for being a servicenode ?

BTW that's some pretty slow internet upload lol I'm in Australia as well and my Telstra ISP plan is 500GB with Free speed-boost & a bonus 500GB for being a long term member totaling 1TB Download/Upload limit.

My max speed connection is 110+ Mbps Download & 2Mbps Upload.

All on Cable, no silly NBN or ADSL lol
I envy you.  Tongue

I actually got a 300GB bonus totaling 500GB combined upload and download.
You upload is faster than my download. Sad
I'm on ADSL. Not even ADSL 2+ but that is probably because I'm right on the edge of my suburb, near the ocean.

Edit: Oh, and yes, you will get rewards for being a servicenode. One servicenode per block will be picked to recieve 30% of the current block reward.

Your from Bayside then aren't ya hahaha
Yeah, Smiley

Ah here it is: http://t.co/BE5QQ49FVS

That pic was when it was raining. I think one of the phone lines is broken or something bevause everything seems to slow down when it rains.

Edit:
Wynnum aren't ya hahaha
Oh god. I'm scared. I'm not from Wynnum but close. You?
legendary
Activity: 1554

Well, it is on 24/7 and it has a lot of bandwidth. I guess they are the main benefits.
Theres also the fact that you don't need to leave your own computer on all the time, which could be a fire hazard.

You do know computers are designed to be always on right.... In the past 25 year of dealing with PC's I haven't had one ever catch fire or overheat unless it was a dust problem Cool
It won't be pointless when we have servicenodes, which will require significant CPU power. (from what I've heard)

Significant CPU usage you mean, well that's not good at all, things are meant to be energy efficient, its like your basically saying "Yes we have servicenodes but you can't run them on a PC properly & will get kicked due to using too much resources and not performing well with score, you won't be able to do anything else on it so you run them on your rented VPS to secure your servicenode and score"
When I say significant power, iIm talking about when (hopefully) Spreadcoin gets popular. Because then we will have one masternode servicenode managing many peers and performing services and that is why they will have high CPU usage.

BTW that's some pretty slow internet upload lol I'm in Australia as well and my Telstra ISP plan is 500GB with Free speed-boost & a bonus 500GB for being a long term member totaling 1TB Download/Upload limit.

I envy you.  Tongue

I'm on ADSL. Not even ADSL 2+ but that is probably because I'm right on the edge of my suburb, near the ocean.

Edit: Oh, and yes, you will get rewards for being a servicenode. One servicenode per block will be picked to recieve 30% of the current block reward.

Your from Bayside then or Wynnum aren't ya hahaha
legendary
Crypto since 2014

I envy you.  Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1218

legendary
Crypto since 2014

legendary

legendary
Crypto since 2014

It won't be pointless when we have servicenodes, which will require significant CPU power (from what I've heard). You probably could just run one from your own house but I only have 200GB of data a month. Then I get slowed to 256kb/s. (more like 50kb/s)
I've heard you upload a lot of data to peers when you are a node and my uplod barely reaches 20kb/s. It took me 40 minutes to upload my 80mb youtube video. Smiley

Anyway, I'll be off to bed now, so I won't be able to talk much longer.
legendary

You do know computers are designed to be always on right.... In the past 25 years of dealing with PC's I haven't had one ever catch fire or overheat unless it was a dust problem Cool
legendary
Crypto since 2014

legendary

legendary
Crypto since 2014
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Ok, handbrake is compressing my 60GB Sony Vegas export now.
Hopefully it'll be ~70mb when it is done.

The Spreadcoin VPS node video is coming out very soon.

Edit: Handbrake cropped my video, rendering again...

Edit2: Rendering done, uploading to Youtube... URL: http://youtu.be/UFnjAJX-xcE

Link is set to Private...
No, it is uploading, it just appears that way... 19 minutes remaining.
legendary
Activity: 1554

Link is set to Private...
legendary
Crypto since 2014

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Isn't the point of spreadcoin to make its own economy/market place? This should mean 1 SPR has value no matter what happens to bitcoin.

Yes, 100% SPR has its own value.

But when you are offering services, I'll take anyone's money  Grin

It just so happens that BTC is worth $3.3bn and has had nearly $1bn of VC money pumped in over the past few years. A percentage of that will do to start with - 100 BTC / day makes a nice little investment, 1,600 BTC / day makes supercharged nodes and 3,000 BTC / day in transaction volume makes everyone very smug:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ov0YKQwPzqgkLarfvXWvugzQ3dne3gtkW7-5MV2kHk4/edit#gid=0

Sorry I don't follow the 'spread'sheet, "Daily BTC equivalent volume"? Can you explain this? Thanks

Edit: It just clicked Cool
legendary
Activity: 1456
Isn't the point of spreadcoin to make its own economy/market place? This should mean 1 SPR has value no matter what happens to bitcoin.

Yes, 100% SPR has its own value.

But when you are offering services, I'll take anyone's money  Grin

It just so happens that BTC is worth $3.3bn and has had nearly $1bn of VC money pumped in over the past few years. A percentage of that will do to start with - 100 BTC / day makes a nice little investment, 1,600 BTC / day makes supercharged nodes and 3,000 BTC / day in transaction volume makes everyone very smug:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ov0YKQwPzqgkLarfvXWvugzQ3dne3gtkW7-5MV2kHk4/edit#gid=0

legendary
The mother ships needs supporting.

Without the mother ship and $millions being spent on crypto infrastructure, we are a bunch of nutters on the internet.

Dash would still be worth something if bitcoin went away. It has it's own user base, has real world function, a profit incentive from masternode.

(Bitcoin isn't going anywhere imo, too many people use it, same as dash).
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

Without the mother ship and $millions being spent on crypto infrastructure, we are a bunch of nutters on the internet.

I'm a PoS nutter.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Blimey.  The BTC blockchain is coming down at 400Mbps and speeding up.

i have fullnode bitcoin and spreadcoin running :-) figured i might as well be ready .. lol

Looks like VPSs running Bitcoin nodes is the way to go, before you know it:

What purpose does it serve to have the bitcoin client running side by side with a SN? What value does it add to SPR?
Seem the value will be added to the bitcoin network and not ours... Infact, forcing users to host one Bitcoin node to one SPR SN is inhibiting to SPR.

Can someone convince me? Cheesy
Jump to: