Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 302. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Skipping bad nodes

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114289/nem-technical-reference-introduces-reputation-enhanced-proof-of-importance

Interesting.

DASH uses collateral payments to fine nodes. Maybe a 3 strikes and your fined approach? I like the simplicity of instant collateral fines, plus a traffic light warning system if your node is not up to scratch.
legendary
Andreas talks about decentralization and gives Ripple a good kick in the nuts

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-213-undertow
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Interesting discussion about what "Decentralized" means Cool

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11412359

Quote from: illodin on Today at 09:32:46 AM
Quote from: sdmathis on Today at 08:07:30 AM
Most crypto is not decentralized though. Most coins are controlled by the developer or a foundation who can be held responsible. True decentralization in crypto is very rare.
When you say "controlled", what exactly do you mean by that?

"Controlled" probably means that if the dev pulls out, the coin fails.

Decentralized means nobody is in control and the coin transactions basically "runs itself" like SpreadCoin (SPR) does https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-spreadcoin-decentralize-everything-decentralized-blockexplorer-coming-1045373

UPDATE: well, perhaps not so interesting, it could have been Cool
legendary
I don't have any Gridcoins, nor do I intend to get any.

But this caught my attention:

- Client Side AES-256 Encryption
- Deposit, Withdraw, 2-FA Authentication

Please explain, show screenshots.

Thanks.

The client side AES-256 encryption is written in javascript on the node.js framework. We make use of the Stanford Javascript Crypto Library heavily and the code will be made available at a later date. For the moment, we have spent alot of time writing this so we're not giving this out to the public domain just yet.

Deposit Withdraw can be seen in these set of screenshots http://imgur.com/21yBG3t,tzfj5j8,tFGpZPs,7poXyLB,HJwvjRB,QEyYt37,ybpH6Q3,TBBhVmI#0

2-FA can be seen http://imgur.com/Sj0FJ9X

2FA has been raised a few times now.

DASH are doing some R&D to look at 2FA directly on the blockchain. This will be useful for all sorts of things.

As this is in the public domain (as above from Grid), I know that there are a few projects looking at 2FA.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Please tell me you guys understand this:   (from spreadcointalk)
My original idea is this:

The blocks that people find do not have any relation to their private key.
This means that if you are mining on a pool and you find a block, you can switch the pool's address out with yours and they wouldn't know.

We would then need masternodes servicenodes to confirm the block was mined to your address to prevent other miners from taking the block you mined and switching your address with theirs and redistributing it to the network.
From: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43.msg1335#msg1335

Now, will this work to stop pools?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Heres an idea for servicenodes:

Users can send their coins to a userid. We can then limit the amount of userid's to 1 per ip and use masternodes to check if more are allocated. If so they will be removed.

If we let people send to a userid, then we need to let people add some text to their transaction (stored on masternodes temporarily) so that they know what it was for.

Eg.

13/05/15 @ 8:01 am: Work Payment                                   | 5 spr                 | From: spreadcointalk.org
14/05/15 @ 7:56 pm: BCT sucks, plz help me run the site.    | 0.05  spr           | From: theymos
17/05/15 @ 6:00 pm: ROI from FREESPR.COM, WE NO SCAM| 0.00000001 spr | From: FreeSPR.com

Lol, the new BCT forum was supposed to be finished by now.  Angry         Grin

Messages in the blockchain have already been done, maybe look at CLAMs source.
They wasn't what I was mainly talking about. I was talking about having a username that people can send coins to, like "e1ghtspace" could be one of them.

Isn't that what bitcoin allows you to do as well but the part of the address still has the random number and letters for e.g SKETCHERx435bd34jk320m6vu9d

I've even seen the word DANK at the start of an address hahaha
Actually I did bring this up about 3 times, but can we please implement a vanity address generator into the Spreadcoin qt wallet please? Come on guys, it'll be cool. Just type in the starting characters and then your cpu will generate an address.

Edit: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91.0
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

Users can send their coins to a userid. We can then limit the amount of userid's to 1 per ip and use masternodes to check if more are allocated. If so they will be removed.

If we let people send to a userid, then we need to let people add some text to their transaction (stored on masternodes temporarily) so that they know what it was for.

Eg.

13/05/15 @ 8:01 am: Work Payment                                   | 5 spr                 | From: spreadcointalk.org
14/05/15 @ 7:56 pm: BCT sucks, plz help me run the site.    | 0.05  spr           | From: theymos
17/05/15 @ 6:00 pm: ROI from FREESPR.COM, WE NO SCAM| 0.00000001 spr | From: FreeSPR.com

Lol, the new BCT forum was supposed to be finished by now.  Angry         Grin

They wasn't what I was mainly talking about. I was talking about having a username that people can send coins to, like "e1ghtspace" could be one of them.

Isn't that what bitcoin allows you to do as well but the part of the address still has the random number and letters for e.g SKETCHERx435bd34jk320m6vu9d

it sounds like a great many things have already been implemented ...

they are more structural things than applications - which servicenodes are built for ... is that correct? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1554
Upon re-reading your re-edit I had a spark in my head and Mangocoinz allows you to send/recieve to usernames as an address because usernames are the address'
legendary

If we let people send to a userid, then we need to let people add some text to their transaction (stored on masternodes temporarily)

Eg.

13/05/15 @ 8:01 am: Work Payment                                   | 5 spr                 | From: spreadcointalk.org
14/05/15 @ 7:56 pm: BCT sucks, plz help me run the site.    | 0.05  spr           | From: theymos

o nooo ... there is that word again ... masterno...

Wink ...

#crysx
*facepalm* It's been drilled into me by darkcoin. OH FOR GOD'S SAKE, dash.

hehehe ...

all good mate ...

we are all getting used to it ...

#crysx
legendary

Eg.

legendary
Crypto since 2014

Eg.

They wasn't what I was mainly talking about. I was talking about having a username that people can send coins to, like "e1ghtspace" could be one of them. Unless that is what you can do with CLAMS.

Also is blockchain bloat an issue?
legendary

Eg.

Lol, the new BCT forum was supposed to be finished by now.  Angry         Grin

legendary
Crypto since 2014

If we let people send to a userid, then we need to let people add some text to their transaction (stored on masternodes temporarily)

Eg.

13/05/15 @ 8:01 am: Work Payment                                   | 5 spr                 | From: spreadcointalk.org
14/05/15 @ 7:56 pm: BCT sucks, plz help me run the site.    | 0.05  spr           | From: theymos

Wink ...

#crysx
*facepalm* It's been drilled into me by darkcoin. OH FOR GOD'S SAKE, dash.
legendary

Eg.

Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
Crypto since 2014

Users can send their coins to a userid. We can then limit the amount of userid's to 1 per ip and use servicenodes to check if more are allocated. If so they will be removed.

Eg.

legendary
Tipping music rights owners:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114270/the-peaceful-solution-to-music-piracy-is-a-bitcoin-tipping-culture

Minerpage came up with an interesting and sort of similar approach to pay rights owners using the servicenode network.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Q-

Will the end of this month still bring servicenode testing?  Shocked

If so, should we open a thread on spreadcointalk.org with basic direction on how to join testing?

Eg,

How to boot spreadcoin(testnet) and safely separate 'testnet' files and 'mainnet' files.
A guide on how to configure a testnet .conf.

We're going to need as many people as possible testing, and a guide on how to do the most basic things needed to help
with testing should come in handy.

I could open the thread but am not the most clued up on spreadcoin testnet  Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
@georgem - Question - Will there be an FPGA release for this coin or are we going to stay GPU?
Thanks - pokeytex

I think we will sooner see an FPGA release for X11 coins, before we will see FPGA in SpreadX11.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
^Why has it taken you so long to get into crypto dev mode?

You're obviously very good at it.

I had wrong priorities for much too long!

(mining and trading, instead of learning and developing)

legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
@georgem - Question - Will there be an FPGA release for this coin or are we going to stay GPU?
Thanks - pokeytex
Jump to: