Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 301. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

Masternodes?

Yes, we are still working on Masternodes!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Hello Fellow SpreadSters Smiley Long time no talk!! I still have a stash of Spread I've been holding onto for a rainy day Wink How goes the battle? I'm guessing that Mr. Spread never returned and that the community took over this coin which is cool in my opinion Cheesy Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

I was wondering when we'd see your face around here.  Wink

To cut a long story short, georgem has been doing a lot of work in the background since Mr Spread's disappearance (no real sign of him yet) and the coin lives on.

They aren't masternode's any more...they're called service nodes because the idea as it stands is for them to provide decentralised P2P applications and services.

One of the many ideas that has been discussed is the concept of a Spreadcoin service node incentivising somebody for running a full bitcoin node to secure their network.  

Exciting times.  Testing will be starting again in a few weeks, it'd be great to have your help!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Hello Fellow SpreadSters Smiley Long time no talk!! I still have a stash of Spread I've been holding onto for a rainy day Wink How goes the battle? I'm guessing that Mr. Spread never returned and that the community took over this coin which is cool in my opinion Cheesy Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Q-

Will the end of this month still bring servicenode testing?  Shocked

If so, should we open a thread on spreadcointalk.org with basic direction on how to join testing?

Eg,

How to boot spreadcoin(testnet) and safely separate 'testnet' files and 'mainnet' files.
A guide on how to configure a testnet .conf.

We're going to need as many people as possible testing, and a guide on how to do the most basic things needed to help
with testing should come in handy.

I could open the thread but am not the most clued up on spreadcoin testnet  Undecided

Bump

I will release a new qt wallet with new features later this week.
After that I will need 2 weeks to prepare the first testnet servicenodes version. (so we are still +- 1 week within schedule)

I will make the testnet version completely separated from mainnet spreadcoin. (as if it were a new different coin, and not testnet of main.)
So there is no danger that you can mess up mainnet and testnet files. You will even be able to run mainnet and testnet side by side.

I appreciate the help you are offering, but I don't think we will need it ATM, because my goal is already to make the testing sessions very easy and accesible.

You know where we are if you need anything boss Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Q-

If so, should we open a thread on spreadcointalk.org with basic direction on how to join testing?

Eg,

How to boot spreadcoin(testnet) and safely separate 'testnet' files and 'mainnet' files.

We're going to need as many people as possible testing, and a guide on how to do the most basic things needed to help

I could open the thread but am not the most clued up on spreadcoin testnet  Undecided

Bump

After that I will need 2 weeks to prepare the first testnet servicenodes version. (so we are still +- 1 week within schedule)

I will make the testnet version completely separated from mainnet spreadcoin. (as if it were a new different coin, and not testnet of main.)
So there is no danger that you can mess up mainnet and testnet files. You will even be able to run mainnet and testnet side by side.

I appreciate the help you are offering, but I don't think we will need it ATM, because my goal is already to make the testing sessions very easy and accesible.

Thanks for that  Smiley

I like the idea of having a serperate 'sprcoin' for testing, that make's things much easier.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Q-

Eg,

Bump

legendary
Activity: 1092
Q-

Eg,

Bump
legendary
Activity: 1456
Bump.

Can this stop pools?

Please tell me you guys understand this:   (from spreadcointalk)
My original idea is this:

The blocks that people find do not have any relation to their private key.
This means that if you are mining on a pool and you find a block, you can switch the pool's address out with yours and they wouldn't know.

We would then need masternodes servicenodes to confirm the block was mined to your address to prevent other miners from taking the block you mined and switching your address with theirs and redistributing it to the network.
From: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43.msg1335#msg1335

Now, will this work to stop pools?

The concept of using servicenodes to interact with mining is interesting.

DASH already use their nodes to lock transactions which provides instant payment certainty with only one confirmation from miners.

Maybe there is something that can work to prevent pools. But, tbh, I don't have a huge issue with pools - especially when the vast majority of the network, over 90% uses solo mining.

I think the pools issue should be constantly looked at, but its only one part of the overall offer that the network is making to the market.

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I just finished making the spreadcoin node on VPS video. It should be up in 12 - 48 hrs.

thats great mate ...

will be nice to see ...

we havent set ours up yet ... but will this week ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I just finished making the spreadcoin node on VPS video. It should be up in 12 - 48 hrs.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
FYI, libwinpthread-1.dll should be packaged into the zip daemon directory. You can't run spreadcoind without that file.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Tipping music rights owners:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114270/the-peaceful-solution-to-music-piracy-is-a-bitcoin-tipping-culture
Minerpage came up with an interesting and sort of similar approach to pay rights owners using the servicenode network.

Speaking of:

Some research revealed some interesting possibilities to allow a bi-directional reward system (paid per minute streaming content):

1) Promotional mode: listeners get paid to play music (videos, books, images). The idea is that a player embedded in the wallet accumulates the total and whomever wants to promote the music (artist, label, etc...) pays the balance to the user. Think faucet.

2) Payment mode: listeners pay to listen to the music. This is the reverse: the embedded player pays the artist from the users wallet (and the user perhaps gets the coins by mining). Think royalties.

We're talking micro transactions of course, small in the beginning but could be worth something as time goes by (with service nodes organizing the transactions). I have made some music on my own and I wouldn't mind getting paid this way. Of course, there has to be a catalog/directory to make this possible.
legendary
Spreadcoind Vanity Gen by Elbandi:

https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

I'll be trying this out when I get home.

+101

Very cool.

Thanks!
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Spreadcoind Vanity Gen by Elbandi:

https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

I'll be trying this out when I get home.
legendary
Nice bit of liquidity before testing Service Node starts.

Cool
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
someone did a serious dump on bittrex...
legendary
Looks like exchanges are facing some tough challenges ahead:

Just in, margin trading on Polo & two days notice to do KYC info or they'll likely freeze your funds:

Greetings from Poloniex!

We're happy to announce that Margin Trading with Peer-to-Peer Lending is now available at Poloniex! You can now borrow funds from lending users to open long and short positions with 2.5x leverage on our XMR, DASH, XPR and LTC Margin Trading platform. You can also loan funds in the same selected markets in 1 day intervals at up to 5% interest.

In addition, we are requiring that all users provide us with their first name, last name, and country of origin by May 20th, 2015. This information is mandatory for all users and all withdrawals. Go to your Profile page to get started.

The Poloniex Team

Otoh Edit: so get your funds off there pronto if you'd rather not...

Edit 2, you need to provide the info to even see your present balances

Edit 3, UK is found under G (Great Britain maybe), Spain under E (España)

legendary
spreadcoin.info
I am sorry, but spreadcointalk will be down for a few hours,
I need to fix something.

Will be back in no time.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Bump.

Can this stop pools?

Please tell me you guys understand this:   (from spreadcointalk)
My original idea is this:

The blocks that people find do not have any relation to their private key.
This means that if you are mining on a pool and you find a block, you can switch the pool's address out with yours and they wouldn't know.

We would then need masternodes servicenodes to confirm the block was mined to your address to prevent other miners from taking the block you mined and switching your address with theirs and redistributing it to the network.
From: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43.msg1335#msg1335

Now, will this work to stop pools?
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Skipping bad nodes

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114289/nem-technical-reference-introduces-reputation-enhanced-proof-of-importance

Interesting.

DASH uses collateral payments to fine nodes. Maybe a 3 strikes and your fined approach? I like the simplicity of instant collateral fines, plus a traffic light warning system if your node is not up to scratch.

I love this bad node identification technique.  I also love the fixed price of entry for staking  Grin
Jump to: