Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 300. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Blimey.  The BTC blockchain is coming down at 400Mbps and speeding up.

i have fullnode bitcoin and spreadcoin running :-) figured i might as well be ready .. lol

So how does this work?  Will Satoshi send me a cheque in the post? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

i have fullnode bitcoin and spreadcoin running :-) figured i might as well be ready .. lol

Looks like VPSs running Bitcoin nodes is the way to go, before you know it:

legendary
Activity: 1358

legendary
Decentralize Everything
legendary
Decentralize Everything
I'm just building a BTC full node and SPR full node on the same VPS using the same IP.  Just for shits and giggles.
legendary
Great explanation of why sidechains are needed and also the limitations of watering down scarce resources (money) to get something that you want Bitcoin to do but can't:

https://youtu.be/jE_elgnIw3M?t=2m20s

So, long-long-term, Spread could become a bitcoin sidechain?

Building blockchain based businesses on SpreadNode Bitcoin sidechains (well, that rolls off the tongue  Tongue)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Whose up for talking on letstalkbitcoin about this?

I was surprised to see that I am subscribed to that podcast. I'm sure that if someone talks on there Spreadcoin will get a lot of exposure.
legendary
Well, if they increase the size of blocks in Bitcoin, SPR will be a very, very valuable service for distributing the nodes

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/537486/leaderless-bitcoin-struggles-to-make-its-most-crucial-decision/

I'm going to increase the allocation of costs to running bitcoin nodes / incentives in the servicenodes financial plan.

But this is a huge win for SPR. Yes it might cost more in hosting, but its actually a solution to Bitcoins problem of increasing block sizes and avoiding centralization.

Whose up for talking on letstalkbitcoin about this?
legendary
Q.

Would servicenodes be able to run VPNs as a service, or part of the services they provide?

I know of VPNCoin (never touched one) which has turned into something else:  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8902417
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Nice that is pretty exciting to hear Smiley Is the minimum coin amount going to be 100 Spread? or has that changed? Also is it still going to rely on a voting system onto which masternodes stay and which ones get the boot? I hope so because that only increases the demand to own more Spread Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358

Heyy welcome back! it wasn't the same without you Cheesy
You sure? I'm not so certain you guys would want me here lol The last week I've been accused as being one guys notification on what coins are shitty and "NOT" to invest in and another person just recently gave me shit saying I was spamming in a thread because I answered someone's question that they asked!! So I don't know if I would be the greatest person to be posting in the Spreadcoin thread if you guys want to make a successful comeback lol Wink Seriously some people can be so harsh on BCT!! I'm just here to smile and share thoughts with the community Wink So how soon can we expect the testing of the Master or Service Nodes that you guys have been working on?

estimated to be ready for testing in a couple of weeks :-)

You sure? I'm not so certain you guys would want me here lol The last week I've been accused as being one guys notification on what coins are shitty and "NOT" to invest in and another person just recently gave me shit saying I was spamming in a thread because I answered someone's question that they asked!! So I don't know if I would be the greatest person to be posting in the Spreadcoin thread if you guys want to make a successful comeback lol Wink Seriously some people can be so harsh on BCT!! I'm just here to smile and share thoughts with the community Wink So how soon can we expect the testing of the Master or Service Nodes that you guys have been working on?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

Masternodes?

Yes, we are still working on Masternodes?

Georgey!!! How the hell have you been mate? I'm glad to see that you are also still kicking around with this coin buddy Wink What ever happened to MyFarm? Is he still kicking around with this coin?

Hey NoobKid, I was expecting you to show up sooner or later.

I don't know what happend to MyFarm, I guess he is still active but not interested in SpreadCoin ATM.
Ya I was explaining how I thought this coin was dead because I wasn't receiving notifications on the thread anymore till I seen this one pop to the top and realized there was a new one lol Plus I was extremely busy finishing first year of school and final exams and shit so I've been kind of away since March Break but all finished and passed now so I'm back to trading full time now again Wink Was saying how nice it is to see the same faces in this thread, that shows the strength of this community and that's really nice to see Cheesy

legendary
Using the masternode word is dirty around here  Tongue

Masternodes?

Georgey!!! How the hell have you been mate? I'm glad to see that you are also still kicking around with this coin buddy Wink What ever happened to MyFarm? Is he still kicking around with this coin?

I don't know what happend to MyFarm, I guess he is still active but not interested in SpreadCoin ATM.
Ya I was explaining how I thought this coin was dead because I wasn't receiving notifications on the thread anymore till I seen this one pop to the top and realized there was a new one lol Plus I was extremely busy finishing first year of school and final exams and shit so I've been kind of away since March Break but all finished and passed now so I'm back to trading full time now again Wink Was saying how nice it is to see the same faces in this thread, that shows the strength of this community and that's really nice to see Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Masternodes?

legendary
Decentralize Everything
Hello Fellow SpreadSters Smiley Long time no talk!! I still have a stash of Spread I've been holding onto for a rainy day Wink How goes the battle? I'm guessing that Mr. Spread never returned and that the community took over this coin which is cool in my opinion Cheesy Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

I was wondering when we'd see your face around here.  Wink

To cut a long story short, georgem has been doing a lot of work in the background since Mr Spread's disappearance (no real sign of him yet) and the coin lives on.

They aren't masternode's any more...they're called service nodes because the idea as it stands is for them to provide decentralised P2P applications and services.

One of the many ideas that has been discussed is the concept of a Spreadcoin service node incentivising somebody for running a full bitcoin node to secure their network.  

Exciting times.  Testing will be starting again in a few weeks, it'd be great to have your help!
Well I'm here and to be honest I was wondering why SpreadCoin wasn't showing up in my unread threads anymore but then I seen this bumped to the top and realized it was a new thread I hadn't posted in which is why I haven't been around lately Smiley But ya I'm a Spreader for life folks because Mr. Spread had a wonderful idea with this coin and to be completely honest it's one of the first coins I actually made a really nice mint off of so I couldn't sell my whole stash it just didn't feel right Cheesy But great to see everyone is still here and that everyone is still working hard at making this coin a success Smiley If there is anything that I can do to help out just let me know guys and I'll do my best Wink Cheers

gjhiggins and myfarm are still around Smiley

I forgot to say, Chaositec and a few others doing an update to latest Bitcoin Core at the moment.

Progress is, well, progressing again but with some new awesome ideas to build on what Mr Spread left behind!

Masternodes?

Hello Fellow SpreadSters Smiley Long time no talk!! I still have a stash of Spread I've been holding onto for a rainy day Wink How goes the battle? I'm guessing that Mr. Spread never returned and that the community took over this coin which is cool in my opinion Cheesy Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

I was wondering when we'd see your face around here.  Wink

To cut a long story short, georgem has been doing a lot of work in the background since Mr Spread's disappearance (no real sign of him yet) and the coin lives on.

They aren't masternode's any more...they're called service nodes because the idea as it stands is for them to provide decentralised P2P applications and services.

One of the many ideas that has been discussed is the concept of a Spreadcoin service node incentivising somebody for running a full bitcoin node to secure their network.  

Exciting times.  Testing will be starting again in a few weeks, it'd be great to have your help!
Well I'm here and to be honest I was wondering why SpreadCoin wasn't showing up in my unread threads anymore but then I seen this bumped to the top and realized it was a new thread I hadn't posted in which is why I haven't been around lately Smiley But ya I'm a Spreader for life folks because Mr. Spread had a wonderful idea with this coin and to be completely honest it's one of the first coins I actually made a really nice mint off of so I couldn't sell my whole stash it just didn't feel right Cheesy But great to see everyone is still here and that everyone is still working hard at making this coin a success Smiley If there is anything that I can do to help out just let me know guys and I'll do my best Wink Cheers
Jump to: