Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 304. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Can someone please add me as a node. I have 0 connections (after I reset my VPS) and I used to have 60.

Thanks.

Edit: Okay, in the time it took me to write that, I got a connection.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I was interested, but the project has no direction and no plans. By the time they figure out what they are doing other coins will be light years ahead of it.
This is what some people think about Spreadcoin.
Is this a valid comment?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
.....Certainly,
the earlier we start fleshing out ideas the better.
Brainstorming should be a constant process.

So, if you had to summarize the results of the survey you did, what would you say was the gist of it?
Escrow and Crowdfunding?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10656234

1. Well, the automated escrow solution was by far the most voted for.

2. Torrent service was next (I like this one, but I have an observers stake in another project that is running ahead with this idea but without mansternodes - which might mean SPR could benefit from that work but take it in another direction with ServiceNodes).

3. Some form of p2p betting services

The one that some of us really like isn't on the survey >>> I'll wait for Stonehedge to post on that because he is still working on some stuff behind the scenes.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Roadmap:

• Since Mr. Spread went AWOL, we are going through a considerable phase of preparation work to get the project back on track and ready for progression.
  • Work has begun to port the wallet to the latest Bitcoin Core.
  • Community members have begun research into potential services that the service nodes can provide (the most discussed idea being incentivising Bitcoin Nodes).

Just noticed, this ^

I suppose there is no reason why we can't now discuss a couple of the things being looked at, over and above Bitcoin nodes, and escrow services as identified by the survey of use cases?

Certainly,
the earlier we start fleshing out ideas the better.
Brainstorming should be a constant process.

So, if you had to summarize the results of the survey you did, what would you say was the gist of it?
Escrow and Crowdfunding?

or what would be the thing that interests you most
legendary
Roadmap:

• Since Mr. Spread went AWOL, we are going through a considerable phase of preparation work to get the project back on track and ready for progression.
  • Work has begun to port the wallet to the latest Bitcoin Core.
  • Community members have begun research into potential services that the service nodes can provide (the most discussed idea being incentivising Bitcoin Nodes).

Just noticed, this ^

I suppose there is no reason why we can't now discuss a couple of the things being looked at, over and above Bitcoin nodes, and escrow services as identified by the survey of use cases?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I'm going to dual boot my PC with Linux when I have some time to do it.  Should make things a little easier...
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Lol, I just tried to teach myself how to compile the windows QT and rushed it a bit.  I'm making myself a gin!

I found building on linux to be the easiest,
building on mac just a little bit more difficult,
but building on windows by far the most inconvenient.  Grin

But don't give up, you'll be making yourself a lot of gins until you figure it out eventually.

I'm determined to learn.  Believe it or not I used to work as a programmer right at the beginning of my IT career.  I was pretty awful at it and I trained in Java so it was relatively easy to compile.  Great days though...decent language, brilliantly portable but not there was not the hardware to support decent performance.  Slow as anything back then.  
legendary
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Lol, I just tried to teach myself how to compile the windows QT and rushed it a bit.  I'm making myself a gin!

I found building on linux to be the easiest,
building on mac just a little bit more difficult,
but building on windows by far the most inconvenient.  Grin

But don't give up, you'll be making yourself a lot of gins until you figure it out eventually.
legendary
Thanks to mrcashking for transferring admin rights of official facebook site to me:

https://www.facebook.com/Spreadcoin

+101

Cool
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Lol, I just tried to teach myself how to compile the windows QT and rushed it a bit.  I'm making myself a gin!
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Thanks to mrcashking for transferring admin rights of official facebook site to me:

https://www.facebook.com/Spreadcoin
legendary
Decentralize Everything
My full node is chugging away happily btw

{
    "version" : 91504,
    "protocolversion" : 70019,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : €500,
    "blocks" : 396328,
    "timeoffset" : -7,
    "connections" : 51,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 17.30602241,
    "networkhashps" : 1206052859,
    "moneysupply" : 2643314.11078666,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1430933717,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

I'm running it on a T2.small with enough storage to hold a bitcoin blockchain too. 

I think I might try one on a T2.micro for a month or two with minimum disk space and see how it does to get an idea of cheapest possible AWS prices.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
I have just found my wallet.dat from the last round of testing.  Think there should be a fair few nSPR in there.

A windows binary would be great if possible.

Can we try to avoid GPU mining on testnet?  Would be great if the difficulty stayed fairly low...
legendary
spreadcoin.info
anyone wanna do some pre-round 3 testing, testing?

Yep Cool

also: I was looking on github for the test version (with masternodes) that MrSpread left unfinished. Anybody know the link to that version?

It's in a branch.

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/tree/mn-test

I have a branch with all the strings changed, just tidying it up atm. Later, will make it available from a fork in my gh space.

Cheers

Graham

I have nothing against continuing the last mn-test session, but let's make the necessary adjustments to improve it:

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/mn-test/src/masternodes.h

We need to increase the amount of static const int g_MaxMasternodeVotes = 10;
to something higher, say static const int g_MaxMasternodeVotes = 100;

This will make masternodes get elected and deelected faster, because it will allow 100 votes to be registered every block, and not only 10.
so that we don't need to wait days and days like last time.

Or do you propose other parameters?

I can create linux, win and mac wallets for this test round.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the service nodes I am working on have little to do with how mr. spread has implemented them here.
But that shouldn't stop us from reigniting the test net activities.  Smiley
legendary
[rant] Look, you lot.

I kept getting loads of PMs from March asking me not to bid on SPR so they could accumulate (you know who you are).

Now, I need 5k for a bounty, you keep upping the bloody prices on the exchange. Stop it.

5k order is at 10001. Let some namby pamby trader dump into it please.

It's already cost me 30% more than a week ago.

[/rant]

Grin

Have a bunch of people jumped 1 satoshi ahead of you?  You really shouldn't have posted that Cheesy

They bloody did as well!

~4BTC of orders jumped ahead  Tongue
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
Morning all, just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I've been following SpreadCoin for quite a bit now, though my main interest has been Dash. I've got an Android app that quite a few people are using  called My Masternodes Pro, which is a masternode monitor and alert tool. I've also recently acquired the buydash.co.uk site.

I've reconfigured large parts of buydash.co.uk to work with SpreadCoin and changed the look and feel to match. I understand that volumes, this early down the road, are pretty small. I am confident that this will change and would like to try and offer an easy way for people to buy SpreadCoin.

I'd also be really keen to develop mobile apps / tools that may slot into SPR ServiceNode ownership, once everything starts moving properly in that area.

I'd say the buyspreadcoin.co.uk site is pretty much finished and I want to spend a little while longer testing beofre launch, but I've uploaded a few screenshots in the meantime.

http://imgur.com/a/Ekfr1

Also, thanks very much to StoneHedge for help and advice. Certainly owe him a beer or two with the constant questions.

Great looking web site.

+101

Fucking love it....This project is gonna be awesome  Grin
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Thanks Graham.  Looking forward to getting some pre-testing done Cheesy
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
anyone wanna do some pre-round 3 testing, testing?

Yep Cool

also: I was looking on github for the test version (with masternodes) that MrSpread left unfinished. Anybody know the link to that version?
legendary
Decentralize Everything
[rant] Look, you lot.

I kept getting loads of PMs from March asking me not to bid on SPR so they could accumulate (you know who you are).

Now, I need 5k for a bounty, you keep upping the bloody prices on the exchange. Stop it.

5k order is at 10001. Let some namby pamby trader dump into it please.

It's already cost me 30% more than a week ago.

[/rant]

Grin

Have a bunch of people jumped 1 satoshi ahead of you?  You really shouldn't have posted that Cheesy
Jump to: