Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 308. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
You clearly have quite an exciting private life George  Cool

A simple question if I may?  If SPR will be providing decentralized services using service nodes, wouldn't it be the case that the more nodes that are active and performing well the better?  I love the idea of scoring based on QoS but if there is a hard coded limit to the maximum number of service nodes based on coin supply, doesn't that limit the distribution of the service node network?

Wouldn't it be better to have 1,000 good snodes running than 800 good snodes in terms of overall network health?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

The more SPR you have in your servicenode the better score you receive on the "list".
The "list" or "spread" is a total amount of servicenode's allowed on the network at any one time.

This will change everyday as one new node is allowed on the "list".

Load up your nodes with as much SPR as you can, or else you may run the risk of losing a seat in the "spread".
Also try to dilute your holdings to achieve as many SPR servicenodes as possable.

No, the plan is that the amount of SPR will not influence your score at all.

It will merely allow you to participate.

Once you are in, the score will asses if you should be kicked out when doing a bad job.
(each service will be judged separately)

It is important to realize that those two things (SPR and score) are used for slightly different things:

1) SPR is used at the entrance (kinda like a registration process: who is allowed to enter?)
2) Score is used to police those who have already entered. (who should be kicked out for misbehaviour?)

It is a little bit confusing I admit, because 1) works also like 2), because 1) can have the same effect as "kicking you out"
(because it "keeps you out" and this can therefor be mistaken with a score), but 1) has priority over 2).
If 1) isn't true, 2) doesn't even come into play (for the particular servicenode).
So 1) is like a gatekeeper, while 2) is like a police.

Therefor, even if you have 1000000 SPR in your service, you can be kicked out for doing a bad job.
This is because your SPR doesn't influence the score you will receive.

(maybe look at it like this: it's like a club that demands a dress code.
But ofcourse the club will kick even the well dressed people out if they act up.
So how well you are dressed is irrelevant once you are in the club, it's only relevant when you are not in the club yet.
Plus: ofcourse if you suddenly take your clothes off while in the club they will ALSO kick you out, lol  Grin
But while in the club it doesn't matter if you are better dressed than all the other well dressed people!

Lol, what an example, but I think it works.)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
What's the minimum amount of SPR needed to start a MN?

Nothing 100% agreed yet.

Proposals are around 100 SPR, at the moment, but that just gets you started.
Alright thank you. How does it work exactly? The more SPR I have in my MN, the higher the reward or?
bump

Ok, so there's going to be a masternode/servicenode network.
To participate your going to need over 100 SPR with 50 confirmations in your servicenode.

The more SPR you have in your servicenode the better score you receive on the "list".
The "list" or "spread" is a total amount of servicenode's allowed on the network at any one time.

This will change everyday as one new node is allowed on the "list".

Load up your nodes with as much SPR as you can, or else you may run the risk of losing a seat in the "spread".
Also try to dilute your holdings to achieve as many SPR servicenodes as possable.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Nothing 100% agreed yet.

Alright thank you. How does it work exactly? The more SPR I have in my MN, the higher the reward or?
bump
I don't think "the more spr you have, the higher payout you'll get" because that would remove the competition from the servicenode wars. Smiley

I think everyone will just get 30% of the blockreward.
Activity: 525
Merit: 510

Nothing 100% agreed yet.

bump
legendary
Activity: 1456
The Blocknet, for those who aren't aware, is a network of different coin's blockchains, allowing each coin to use the Blocknet's other coins and features easily by sending the transaction through the Blocknet's Xbridge technology.

Quote from: comments
....the lead dev, Dan Metcalf was one of the first to show his identity in the early race to ANON with Xcurrency

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114228/blocknet-adding-ethereum-to-suite-of-supported-currencies

How to run a well orchestrated long-term scam.
legendary
Activity: 1358
+1 I don't want to be the annoying update heckler but I'd love to hear an update on progress and intended next milestones  Smiley

well, im working on getting the wallet up to bitcoin core level, but its takes time, besides, my job is at sea so the only time i can really do some work is when im home ... but making slow progress :-)

added todo file to the spreadcoin core update process on github

Its hard to code in bad weather

yep!
legendary
Be your own payment processor:

"Mycelium’s hope is that Gear will encourage even more merchants to adopt Bitcoin and completely change the way merchant transactions are done, thus continuing our goal of decentralizing everything, improving privacy, and eliminating unnecessary third parties in the Bitcoin economy."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114225/coinbase-who-process-your-own-bitcoin-payments-with-mycelium-gear

"Server hardware is needed to run the software. Mycelium is offering free space on their servers for novice merchants, and they expect that advanced merchants will run the Gear core software themselves."

Given their desire to decentralize everything, but then they use their own servers to charge for premium use, it sounds like another app for ServiceNodes has arrived  Grin
legendary
Crypto since 2014
^^^Leave it with you to decide  Smiley
Ok, I'll leave it out for setting up a node, but i'll include the extra step when I do the servicenode* tutorial.

I keep accidentially saying masternode...   Tongue
legendary
^^^Leave it with you to decide  Smiley
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Hey guys, is someone actually working on masternodes right now?

I think we might need a status update... coins? Wink

E1ghtspace should be able to start working on the VPS video next week Cool
Yep, I'm just practising everything. I had to mix two guides together for the compiling to work.

Do you need me to show everyone how to get keys to work? (the ones that you use to connect to your vps for extra security?)
I don't really know how to set them up myself but I can find out if you want.

Update: Georgem said he was working on an update to the wallet, and servicenode testing would resume around the end of the month.

Once the wallet is up, I was wondering if the road map would be published.

VPS guide -> Yes, please. Warts and all. Thanks.

So you want me to show everyone how to create a private and public key for their computer and the vps so that they can connect and won't need to input a password when they login?
Well since we're just creating nodes now, and since the nodes will have no spr on them, I think it is safe to say that no one will need any extra security.
But when I do the masternode setup guide, I will add that extra (long and hard Smiley ) step. Ok?
legendary
Decentralize Everything
+1 I don't want to be the annoying update heckler but I'd love to hear an update on progress and intended next milestones  Smiley

well, im working on getting the wallet up to bitcoin core level, but its takes time, besides, my job is at sea so the only time i can really do some work is when im home ... but making slow progress :-)

Its hard to code in bad weather

legendary
Activity: 1358

legendary

Yep, I'm just practising everything. I had to mix two guides together for the compiling to work.

Do you need me to show everyone how to get keys to work? (the ones that you use to connect to your vps for extra security?)

Update: Georgem said he was working on an update to the wallet, and servicenode testing would resume around the end of the month.

Once the wallet is up, I was wondering if the road map would be published.

VPS guide -> Yes, please. Warts and all. Thanks.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
+1 I don't want to be the annoying update heckler but I'd love to hear an update on progress and intended next milestones  Smiley
legendary
Crypto since 2014

legendary
*sigh*

Here we go again.

*grabs more btc*

As you posted this, well I thought it was a good time to get some. So I put up a request to buy 5k spr, and nope. Not a chance.

Accumulators are just playing with the price, atm, I guess.

Bonne chance  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
*sigh*

Here we go again.

*grabs more btc*

hehehe ...

+1 ... and then some ...

its nice to see what happens in the background - not just the backend ...

mining spr starts again soon for us ...

#crysx
legendary
I'm loving the back story of protonmail:

https://blog.protonmail.ch/

I was a huge advocate of Protonmail but since they still havent Opensourced the project I have lost much love for the project. I now use https://tutanota.com/ Free encrypted mail, with Andorid and IOS apps as well, O yea its opensourced also  Wink

It would be nice to see open source from them, but I've got a feeling that they are going to stay closed source. They have worked out that if they give 500mb free, that people will run out of space and pay for more storage.

I do like the idea behind it.

The recipients public key is used to pair with the senders private key, so only the recipient can open the message because their public key matches a private key that only they have.

I guess what that could mean is that a random servicenode can issue a public key and someone can securly communicate randomly with a servicenode - or a user can request a specific type of service which is assigned randomly to a node on the network which issues a public key on demand.

edit

So they are going to be open source!

Looks like Spread can offer decentralized encrypted email, for a fee  Cool

https://twitter.com/protonmail/status/468759469006942209
legendary
Nodes doing stuff will slowly become accepted as necessary  Tongue

Sort of. I think he likes the idea of allowing transactions off the blockchain:

https://lightning.network/lightning-network.pdf

Looks like nodes doing transactions are becoming fashionable.
Jump to: