Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 309. (Read 790393 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
*sigh*

Here we go again.

*grabs more btc*
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
I'm loving the back story of protonmail:

https://blog.protonmail.ch/

I was a huge advocate of Protonmail but since they still havent Opensourced the project I have lost much love for the project. I now use https://tutanota.com/ Free encrypted mail, with Andorid and IOS apps as well, O yea its opensourced also  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
How's the development coming along, georgem? Busy weekend?

Yes, currently I am diving deep into Qt functions.
I am improving the looks and functionality of the wallet.

Well done, thank you. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Yes, currently I am diving deep into Qt functions.
I am improving the looks and functionality of the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Small Mistake, when you said you made the Epoch Time from int32 to int64, you just delayed the death, so instead of 2034, it will be 4068

Otherwise, you just did a delay, nothing more

for every bit you add, you double the previous limit... your math kung fu is off a bit :-)
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
It's not FUD, I am just telling that the work patched is wrong, the word delayed is correct

Yes, so is every hashing or crypto algorithm, by providing just a large enough "hurdle" (delaying & keeping the hacker busy for a few billion years.   Grin )...

Those algorithms are not perfect. They are not built for eternity.

The goal in cryptography is to just always move the problems far far into the future.

So it's ALL about delay.

And billions of years is so long of a delay, it could be considered permanent for now.

My macbook battery would never last that long.
Activity: 25
Merit: 100
It's not FUD, I am just telling that the work patched is wrong, the word delayed is correct
@halofirebtc
@halofirebtc

Yes, so is every hashing or crypto algorithm, by providing just a large enough "hurdle" (delaying & keeping the hacker busy for a few billion years.   Grin )...

The goal in cryptography is to just always move the problems far far into the future.

So it's ALL about delay.

And billions of years is so long of a delay, it could be considered permanent for now.
Activity: 25
Merit: 100
Small Mistake, when you said you made the Epoch Time from int32 to int64, you just delayed the death, so instead of 2034, it will be 4068

legendary
spreadcoin.info

Yes, so is every hashing or crypto algorithm, by providing just a large enough "hurdle" (delaying & keeping the attacker busy for a few billion years.   Grin )...

So it's ALL about delay.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Moving from int32 to int64 doesn't just double the value range,
in fact it multiplies it by 2^32, so it then becomes about 4.2 billion times larger.

Insanely larger:

Approximately 292 billion years from now, at 15:30:08 on Sunday, 4 December 292,277,026,596"

so instead of 2034, it will be 4068

Also, you have to start the counting from the year 1970, not from the birth of jesus christ!

Infinity only exists as a mathematical concept, everything else has its inevitable demise "just delayed": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe
@halofirebtc

Besides, it's 2038, with an extension to 2106 with a certain flag.

"Most operating systems designed to run on 64-bit hardware already use signed 64-bit time_t integers. Using a signed 64-bit value introduces a new wraparound date that is over twenty times greater than the estimated age of the universe: approximately 292 billion years from now, at 15:30:08 on Sunday, 4 December 292,277,026,596"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Why try to FUD and point out the "already stated on the OP"? Will SPR loop around negatively in 2038 or 2106? No. So the new problem is called the "year 292,277,026,596" problem. Even if it's only 2000 years, be very worried about that.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
please give me a peer address SPR.
i m not syncing... Embarrassed

Put this in your conf file:

Code:
addnode=5.35.253.206
addnode=94.23.23.194
addnode=52.17.253.8
addnode=37.59.18.108

I am currently working on an improved wallet (new features + better connectivity etc),
when it's ready you won't need to add nodes like that anymore.

Stay tuned.
legendary
Activity: 827
Merit: 250
please give me a peer address SPR.
i m not syncing... Embarrassed
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
Front page on trex should spark some interest into this great project.....Im sure its caused some new faces to at least look into Spread
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
legendary
E1ghtspace should be able to start working on the VPS video next week Cool
Jump to: