Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 58. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
3x 1070 is sufficient for a solo?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
No spreadminer-spmod.
ccminer 81 problems (in --help, there is support for the algorithm -a spred)
spreadcoin.conf in normal - spreadminer_v0.1r3 work
Why list the algorithms that do not work? ccminer.exe --help

strange ...

as the error you are receiving is NOT the algo error - but a JSON read / decipher error ... which means the miner itself cant access / read the output of the wallet you are mining to ...

#crysx
 No spreadminer-spmod.
ccminer 81 problems (in --help, there is support for the algorithm -a spred)
spreadcoin.conf in normal - spreadminer_v0.1r3 work
Why list the algorithms that do not work? ccminer.exe --help
legendary
ccminer 81
--help
 s3          S3 (1Coin)
spread      Spread
 x11         X11 (DarkCoin)
Starting miner
ccminer.exe -a spread -o http://127.0.0.1:41677 -u Vita1ico -p xxxxxx
No work
"JSON inval data
[2017-03-02 13:36:01] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 5 seconds"

I do not know today is only miner "spreadminer_v0.1r3" ?

so this is spreadminer-spmod? ...

you need to make sure you have the spreadminer.conf configured correctly - and allow your miner to connect to the spread wallet ...

what settings do you have in the conf? ... as your miner settings seem correct ...

#crysx
ccminer 81
--help
 s3          S3 (1Coin)
spread      Spread
 x11         X11 (DarkCoin)
Starting miner
ccminer.exe -a spread -o http://127.0.0.1:41677 -u Vita1ico -p xxxxxx
No work
"JSON inval data
[2017-03-02 13:36:01] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 5 seconds"

I do not know today is only miner "spreadminer_v0.1r3" ?
legendary
Why not work on "release81" ?(gtx1070)
JSON inval data
[2017-03-02 13:36:01] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 5 seconds

release 81? ...

what? ...

and those errors - where are you getting those mate? ...

#crysx
Why not work on "release81" ?(gtx1070)
JSON inval data
[2017-03-02 13:36:01] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 5 seconds
legendary
Like I said, not rushing into anything.

So I've thought about this for a while now and I think its worth giving it a go.

I have spent quite a lot of the past two years actively trying to pursue some ideas around Service Nodes and I think some of those ideas are probably not that aligned with where Spreadcoin is heading.

Two years is a long time.

Which is why I don't want to start again from scratch or do an ICO.  The stuff I've been doing around here for a while is still valid, it's just not where the Spreadcoin Core is going - hence a fork of sorts.

There is an existing white paper branded for the benefit of SPR which is still in draft. I'll probably tidy that up a little and make use of it elsewhere.

There is a new white paper which hasn't been made public yet. I need to change some things on that and then it will get released.

There is a third white paper due, but it is likely to be put on the back burner until a patent is written and submitted.

These things are about the direction I'm really keen to follow. That direction is more focused around service nodes that pay a coupon; give people a way to earn a living from providing services through the second layer; and ultimately about potential ways to generate dividends. I come from that type of mindset that dividends can be productive to society if done ethically, such as providing incomes for pensions.

So the concept of an economic fork is where I think things will go.

People will get to claim whatever stake they have in Spreadcoin in a new coin called HLM (full name to be released in due course after setting up github and a website).

Everyone will be given plenty of notice about being able to claim their new coins and we won't be short changing anyone. So if you claim your HLM's you'll have Spreadcoin's and HLM coins in equal measure.

It won't be some five minute process either. People that pop in once a year will still find they can redeem their HLM's.

HLM is going to be a DASH fork. So it's easier to use an escrow to redeem coins than try to create some fancy automated process. Only you and the escrow will know your coin holdings - so please take into account an escrow fee. We will need to cover off people that fancy chancing their luck and claiming and claiming and claiming using the same set of coins.

I look forward to keeping my Spreadcoins and seeing them grow in value over the years to come. The Spreadcoin project is in great hands. I've always supported Georgem and given the amount of time he has spent gaining knowledge about the Bitcoin codebase this project will continue to do well over the long-term.  

But I think my priorities are in areas of development that probably don't fit very well with where I thought SPR might have been going.

So, it's not good bye but simply see ya around.

GO SPREADCOIN!

Awesome, two for the price of one deal, time to buy!

ummm ...

w.e.e.e.ll ...

#crysx
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

So I've thought about this for a while now and I think its worth giving it a go.

I have spent quite a lot of the past two years actively trying to pursue some ideas around Service Nodes and I think some of those ideas are probably not that aligned with where Spreadcoin is heading.

Which is why I don't want to start again from scratch or do an ICO.  The stuff I've been doing around here for a while is still valid, it's just not where the Spreadcoin Core is going - hence a fork of sorts.

There is an existing white paper branded for the benefit of SPR which is still in draft. I'll probably tidy that up a little and make use of it elsewhere.

There is a new white paper which hasn't been made public yet. I need to change some things on that and then it will get released.

There is a third white paper due, but it is likely to be put on the back burner until a patent is written and submitted.

These things are about the direction I'm really keen to follow. That direction is more focused around service nodes that pay a coupon; give people a way to earn a living from providing services through the second layer; and ultimately about potential ways to generate dividends. I come from that type of mindset that dividends can be productive to society if done ethically, such as providing incomes for pensions.

People will get to claim whatever stake they have in Spreadcoin in a new coin called HLM (full name to be released in due course after setting up github and a website).

Everyone will be given plenty of notice about being able to claim their new coins and we won't be short changing anyone. So if you claim your HLM's you'll have Spreadcoin's and HLM coins in equal measure.

It won't be some five minute process either. People that pop in once a year will still find they can redeem their HLM's.

HLM is going to be a DASH fork. So it's easier to use an escrow to redeem coins than try to create some fancy automated process. Only you and the escrow will know your coin holdings - so please take into account an escrow fee. We will need to cover off people that fancy chancing their luck and claiming and claiming and claiming using the same set of coins.

I look forward to keeping my Spreadcoins and seeing them grow in value over the years to come. The Spreadcoin project is in great hands. I've always supported Georgem and given the amount of time he has spent gaining knowledge about the Bitcoin codebase this project will continue to do well over the long-term.  

But I think my priorities are in areas of development that probably don't fit very well with where I thought SPR might have been going.

GO SPREADCOIN!

Awesome, two for the price of one deal, time to buy!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

GO SPREADCOIN!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Do you know the general cost to run a Spreadcoin node?

Power consumption of a Raspberry Pi is almost negligible.
Bandwidth costs depend on your provider (free/flat in most cases).

I suggest you try it out.... but I believe the operation costs are not worth mentioning, that's how small they are.

I absolutely will add monitoring tools to the SpreadWallet that will measure bandwidth/temperature/connections etc of the raspberry pi's within its local network, and display graphs etc.
We will then get more knowledge to create more spezialized versions of raspberry pi builds.

Will be fun!  Wink

My Raspberry Pi 3's get to 60-65 degrees Celsius during the initial blockchain sync (during which the CPU goes to 100% continuously)...
I suggest buying a case with fan, .... or.... just copy the blockchain data to the raspberry pi so that it doesn't have to do the initial sync by itself.
(Also something that the SpreadWallet will help facilitate)
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
By the way, just on a sidenote,  there is a tested Raspberry Pi 3 version of the Spreadcoin Daemon ready for your download:

http://spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoinARMv864.tar.xz

It's a 64bit ARMv8 build, so it won't work on older Raspberry Pi's, but it works very well on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Would be nice if someone else could test this build.
Would be even nicer if some people could install some long term raspberry pi nodes to help Spreadcoin with full nodes.  Smiley

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

BTW, I'm struggling a little to release the next SpreadWallet-Update to my patrons, too many open threads I need to untangle but it won't take much longer.
Stay tuned.

@Georgem -  I don't have a Pi3 laying around but I can purchase one soon.  Do you know the general cost to run a Spreadcoin node?
legendary
spreadcoin.info
By the way, just on a sidenote,  there is a tested Raspberry Pi 3 version of the Spreadcoin Daemon ready for your download:

http://spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoinARMv864.tar.xz

It's a 64bit ARMv8 build, so it won't work on older Raspberry Pi's, but it works very well on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Would be nice if someone else could test this build.
Would be even nicer if some people could install some long term raspberry pi nodes to help Spreadcoin with full nodes.  Smiley

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

BTW, I'm struggling a little to release the next SpreadWallet-Update to my patrons, too many open threads I need to untangle but it won't take much longer.
Stay tuned.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I would like to get the miner to be released to public
That would make spreadcoin stronger
Willing to donate 0.01 btc here  Cool
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Private NVIDIA miner for sale.

0.05BTC

Optimized for the new PASCAL cards.

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
are you dominating the world yet? No, I didn't think so..
go suck a big flying horse dick, you isis loving POS.

GO SPREADCOIN
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
work is progressing nicely,

accumulation is progressing nicely,
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Hey Patrons,
work is progressing nicely, most of the ca 20 work hours invested during the last 2 weeks were spent on improving some base classes,
and this will result in a bigger update (or two) during this last week of february.
Thanks for your patience.

I will cram as much as I can into the rest of this week. Stay tuned.  Wink
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
Does there any mining calculator?
Activity: 89
Merit: 2
Incidentally, cryptographic proof of bitcoin node has reportedly been solved by another project.

What project has reportedly solved it?

Its going to be tabled as a BIP paper to give anybody the chance to implement it I believe.

actually how does it work?and what is the meaning of all these   all are questions which lingering in my mind and without this clarity i have no idea to work over it.that is it.
Pages:
Jump to: