Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 11. (Read 810025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
@crysx

What GMT time suits you?
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I was going to wait to speak to the devs, but what the hell - you hard core miners might be interested in joining an IRC chat on this one.

I have had a short exchange with Sy, a moderator from Litecointalk. He seems a pretty decent chap.

He operates a mining monitor which might be quite useful for anyone with lots of solo mining machines.

He is open to discussions about adapting his cgmining monitoring software to run on sgminer / SpreadX11.

From what I can tell, its pretty good value, 1 LTC (that might change if he does something for Spreadcoin). Looking up his Litecointalk page, he hosts the software and it pulls information from your miner. You then view the status of your miners online under your account.

If your miners have any issues, you get sent an email  Cool

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4011.0

The IRC chat is to just discuss the possibility of using the monitoring software, what might be involved from his end and for him to gauge any interest.

I suppose if he does anything, he might end up doing it for any x11 coin, which would make more sense for him from a financial perspective.

Out of courtesy for his offer to host an IRC session this week, I will contact Sy and suggest an IRC session on Monday (he switches off from work mode at weekends, apparently).

9pm GMT

how does that suit anyone that wants to participate?

happy to join if time and timezones permit ...

would luv to see this work with ccminer ( spreadminer ) also ...

#crysx
legendary
I was going to wait to speak to the devs, but what the hell - you hard core miners might be interested in joining an IRC chat on this one.

I have had a short exchange with Sy, a moderator from Litecointalk. He seems a pretty decent chap.

He operates a mining monitor which might be quite useful for anyone with lots of solo mining machines.

He is open to discussions about adapting his cgmining monitoring software to run on sgminer / SpreadX11.

From what I can tell, its pretty good value, 1 LTC (that might change if he does something for Spreadcoin). Looking up his Litecointalk page, he hosts the software and it pulls information from your miner. You then view the status of your miners online under your account.

If your miners have any issues, you get sent an email  Cool

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4011.0

The IRC chat is to just discuss the possibility of using the monitoring software, what might be involved from his end and for him to gauge any interest.

I suppose if he does anything, he might end up doing it for any x11 coin, which would make more sense for him from a financial perspective.

Out of courtesy for his offer to host an IRC session this week, I will contact Sy and suggest an IRC session on Monday (he switches off from work mode at weekends, apparently).

9pm GMT

how does that suit anyone that wants to participate?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Hmm.

http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/784.pdf “Secure Multiparty Computations on Bitcoin”

Cheers

Graham

Do you know if that is like Zennet?
They are trying to create a supercomputer out of all of the peers connected to the blockchain. (I think)

Sorry, I should have provided more info. I'm trying to brush away the cobwebs and get a clear view of a path to an implementation. The reference is from the bitcoin wiki entry for Contracts which gives some accessible background:

Using some of the techniques from example 6 and some very advanced scripting, it becomes possible to build a multi-party lottery with no operator. The exact protocol used is explained in the paper "Secure multiparty computations on Bitcoin".

and the authors of the paper observe:

... drawback of the MPCs is rarely mentioned in the literature as it seems obvious that in most of the real-life applications cryptography cannot be “responsible” for controlling that the users provide the “real” input to the protocol and that they respect the output.

My current focus is on understanding the different approaches to resolving this discontinuity, i.e. formally describing the components, conditions and sequencing of a transaction using the language of the protocol in a way that allows the transaction to be autonomously executed if specified and verifiable conditions are met/not met.

I have a feeling that the critical enabling technology for B3 is “dealer-less threshold cryptography”. It's a bit of a holy grail, so that sounds about right in that if it was easy, we'd already be knee-deep in it. Which we ain't, so it isn't. But it's crucial and we ain't got it, so that means not just “not easy” but “damn tough”.

gmaxwell nails it: “Without a dealerless protocol I consider threshold signatures to be of fairly little value. If you have a trusted dealer to initially create the key material then you can simply keep the key in that dealer.”

If anyone's singing along at home ... the Contracts wiki page naturally leads on to gmaxwell's Zero Knowledge Contingent Payment which covers yet more of the issues (the SCIPR team have indeed open-sourced the code).

So no, I don't consider it specifically related to Zennet's approach.

Cheers

Graham

legendary
Hmm.

Cheers

Graham

They are trying to create a supercomputer out of all of the peers connected to the blockchain. (I think)

so basically - SETI ( which we helped process and was #1 for a for years in australia ) on a blockchain ...

nice ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Hmm.

Cheers

Graham

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Hmm.

Cheers

Graham
legendary

everyone can see that spr has some huge potential ... why the hell wouldnt they bulk up? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

No new ANN thread yet so not everyone can see that yet Smiley

I heard George spent last night chatting with idiots who don't understand masternode scoring on BCT instead of finishing the web site and preparing the ANN.  Roll Eyes  

I was that idiot when i asked MrSpread the same questions, the thing is he left lol.

Back after a long day talking about SAP, Oracle and project bloody controls  Angry

Anyway, I think I was the idiot from yesterday that was holding up progress. Sorry about that everyone  Tongue

-Fed rate decision shortly. Probably no change-
legendary
Activity: 1092

everyone can see that spr has some huge potential ... why the hell wouldnt they bulk up? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

No new ANN thread yet so not everyone can see that yet Smiley

I heard George spent last night chatting with idiots who don't understand masternode scoring on BCT instead of finishing the web site and preparing the ANN.  Roll Eyes  

I was that idiot when i asked MrSpread the same questions, the thing is he left lol.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Hello, please consider voting in this poll:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-is-sub-billion-dollar-marketcap-any-indicator-of-success-3-days-only-1042097

It's an attempt to measure whether the altcoin community feels that marketcap is an indicator of success, and possibly discuss it.

I'm targeting ~500+ page ANN threads, and not trying to spam everything with bumps, so please kindly don't delete this unless I've accidentally posted it more than once in your thread.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Please dump a little more i still got a few orders to fill Grin

You can fill quite a few of those asks and still get a bargain you know Cheesy

My orders will get filled..... patience and low buys makes one rich  Wink

Patience, buying some SPR and a mountain of work by the SPR team is what might make you rich  Cool
Activity: 462
Merit: 500

My orders will get filled..... patience and low buys makes one rich  Wink
*****Liquidity alert*****

If you want some SPR, this might be your opportunity.

The Nr.3 wallet has grown.

I think this is Bittrex.

I expect people are loading up expecting an increase in the price over the next few days / weeks into which they can sell.

Growth of 1000%+ will not likely come from Bitcoin, not for a while at least.

Growth of more than that might be possible with projects such as SPR that aim to bring something new and effectively introduce the concept of Bitcoin sidechains into altcoins way ahead of sidechains becoming an actual reality in Bitcoin.

legendary
Decentralize Everything

Activity: 490
Captain
Well, i havnt had that much time yet to look into things, still finishing up my other job with making the alcheminer firmware behave, (Was hijacked for this job and send a dev machine to work on) which seems to come to an end soon :-)

then i will be ready...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/34/a8/3c/34a83c8498f96201557c0965c29f3dd4.jpg

Ha ha ha ha, that is great. I love owls, owls are cool.
The reason why I find them cool is there sneakyness and stealth, really supreme creatures in nature.
The picture matches the situaiton fine "soon", said in a sneaky and stealth way Cheesy

Spread some love and spread some spreadcoin Cheesy
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Well, i havnt had that much time yet to look into things, still finishing up my other job with making the alcheminer firmware behave, (Was hijacked for this job and send a dev machine to work on) which seems to come to an end soon :-)

then i will be ready...

legendary
Activity: 1358

then i will be ready...
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Jesus guys, the Ann will come when it's ready. You can't ask for the pie, eat it, then steal the pie bakers wife and bang her all in one. Roll Eyes

You don't know until you try...

what? ...

the pie - the wife - or the ann? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

Loomdart's post sounds like something from the heady heights of my student days.
legendary
Jesus guys, the Ann will come when it's ready. You can't ask for the pie, eat it, then steal the pie bakers wife and bang her all in one. Roll Eyes

You don't know until you try...

what? ...

the pie - the wife - or the ann? ...

Wink ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: