Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 15. (Read 810025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Some examples of that on istock

http://www.istockphoto.com/video/journey-through-neuron-cells-synapse-network-tecno-blue-loopable-brain-22943968?st=ea1ad51

My search results here

http://www.istockphoto.com/photos/neurons?facets={%2234%22:[%221%22,%227%22,%228%22],%2235%22:[%22neurons%22]}#12cca423

need to copy/paste to get the results.

Got my creditcard at the ready. Which one do you want, or do you want to create one?
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
This particular example isn't what we should have, but I like the idea of nodes firing off messages around a distributed decentralized network.

Cool

yup ...

thats it ...

can this be done mate? ...

#crysx
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
This particular example isn't what we should have, but I like the idea of nodes firing off messages around a distributed decentralized network.

Cool
legendary
Hey everyone, do any of you have any requests for animations? I'd be happy to make some.

Something with node systems would be cool.

You know, many nodes with many connections firing signals back and forth between each other.

that actually would be kool ...

maybe like a brain-style of nerve system that get dessimated and restructured as a node system for spr ...

apart from some stuff we would like you to do for us - but that can be spoken via pm ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Hey everyone, do any of you have any requests for animations? I'd be happy to make some.

Something with node systems would be cool.

You know, many nodes with many connections firing signals back and forth between each other.

That looks awesome in 2D.

It will look even more awesome in 3D... kinda like a brain simulation!

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
legendary
graham ... eloquence is obviously and evidently your strong point ...

pity it was never mine Wink ...

Thanks for the kind words. Does it help if I reveal that i) it can take me a couple of days to research and couple of hours to write a post like that and ii) I probably get the most benefit out of the exercise?

Cheers

Graham

seems to me well worth the learning experience ...

hence mine take minutes and usually quite opinionated ...

ill go back to just watching soon - like i used to ...

though i must admit that it is quite fun to increase knowledge in leaps and bounds ...

i should have never dropped c++ programming back in university ...

ho hum ... back to the farm Tongue ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

Thanks for the kind words. Does it help if I reveal that i) it can take me a couple of days to research and couple of hours to write a post like that and ii) I probably get the most benefit out of the exercise?

Cheers

Graham

+1 Its all too easy to write rapid responses on internet forums without really researching and thinking about what you want to say.  And as you mention, it benefits yourself as well as the community.  I shall try to learn from your example.
legendary
Did you guys miss where I said that a smartnode can handle more spr than it holds? (same for dash's masternodes)

No.

Nor did we miss your point about hackers facing the risk that they could have their stolen coins taken back by the legitimate owners. Which is a great insight.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Cheers

Graham
legendary
some service nodes will generate less income for doing the same amount of work at the same expense

That's a creditable starting point. Before we kick off ...

I dunno if everyone's cued in to the fact that the discussion is actually about the management of an overlay network “An overlay network is a computer network, which is built on the top of another network” The idea's been around since forever, there's a literature corpus to be mined for algorithmic insights and a broad appreciation of a range of issues, e.g. Stanford's work on RON (Resilient Overlay Networks), now 15 years old. For a more recent overview of the domain, see “Overlay Networks: Overview, Applications and Challenges” by Galán-Jiménez and Gazo-Cervero  in IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.10 No.12, December 2010, full paper (PDF): http://paper.ijcsns.org/07_book/201012/20101206.pdf

Another pertinent domain is MANET (Mobile Ad-hoc NETworks) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_ad_hoc_network for which threshold cryptography is also a key component.

Lastly, looking into the near future (at least 6 months) there's the exotica that may become mundanely relevant as the overlay network application space expands, e.g. Raftopoulou, Petrakis and Tryfonopoulos’ “Rewiring Strategies for Semantic Overlay Networks”:
it is still good money to make watching tv and picking your nose.

That's really going to impress business clients seeking to make use of Spreadcoin's overlay network applications.

Cheers

Graham

#crysx
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Great post.  I'll reply in a few hours when I've had time to digest it!
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
some service nodes will generate less income for doing the same amount of work at the same expense

That's a creditable starting point. Before we kick off ...

I dunno if everyone's cued in to the fact that the discussion is actually about the management of an overlay network “An overlay network is a computer network, which is built on the top of another network” The idea's been around since forever, there's a literature corpus to be mined for algorithmic insights and a broad appreciation of a range of issues, e.g. Stanford's work on RON (Resilient Overlay Networks), now 15 years old. For a more recent overview of the domain, see “Overlay Networks: Overview, Applications and Challenges” by Galán-Jiménez and Gazo-Cervero  in IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.10 No.12, December 2010, full paper (PDF): http://paper.ijcsns.org/07_book/201012/20101206.pdf

Another pertinent domain is MANET (Mobile Ad-hoc NETworks) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_ad_hoc_network for which threshold cryptography is also a key component.

Lastly, looking into the near future (at least 6 months) there's the exotica that may become mundanely relevant as the overlay network application space expands, e.g. Raftopoulou, Petrakis and Tryfonopoulos’ “Rewiring Strategies for Semantic Overlay Networks”:
it is still good money to make watching tv and picking your nose.

That's really going to impress business clients seeking to make use of Spreadcoin's overlay network applications.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
snip-

i think that the fact that we dont even know what to call 'them' shows the state of affairs that spreadcoin is in currently ... masternodes - spreadnodes - servicesnodes ...
snip-
#crysx

There, fixed it for you.

Now you're on the same page as everyone else  Grin

hahaha ... i even spelt that wrong ...

servicenodes ...

ok - same page now Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
snip-

i think that the fact that we dont even know what to call 'them' shows the state of affairs that spreadcoin is in currently ... masternodes - spreadnodes - servicesnodes ...
snip-
#crysx

There, fixed it for you.

Now you're on the same page as everyone else  Grin
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Did you guys miss where I said that a smartnode can handle more spr than it holds? (same for dash's masternodes)

Fair enough.

So what do you suggest, get rid of "more spr = higher score"?

this seems to me like the existing banking situation ( yes - i called it a situation Wink ) ...

the more you have the higher the score the better the chance of gaining more ...

the rich get richer - the poor still struggle ... but why wouldnt you reward those that put the effort AND spr in? ...

touch one that ...

#crysx

I agree that the hypothetical macbook with 24/7 internet connection that never goes to sleep will be as "reliable" as a cloud hosted node, fair point.

I just don't like the idea that a node with a higher balance being scored higher than a node with a lower balance.  If a node has a lot of downtime, then wouldn't it probably get paid less anyway?

EDIT:  Lets take the top 10 wallets as an example...surely they have the most to gain from a balance influenced score?
legendary

Fair enough.

this seems to me like the existing banking situation ( yes - i called it a situation Wink ) ...

the more you have the higher the score the better the chance of gaining more ...

the rich get richer - the poor still struggle ... but why wouldnt you reward those that put the effort AND spr in? ...

touch one that ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1092

Fair enough.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
legendary
Activity: 1092
So, will masternode payments still depend on a score, because if so it will defeat the purpose of them being dynamic.

I must admit that was something I didn't care for with the original SPR masternode testing.  I didn't understand the benefits of the highest scoring masternodes getting paid.  Am I missing a really obvious benefit?  Surely the network can only be fair if all masternodes get paid roughly the same amount over a period of time?

Why define a max number of masternodes?  Surely the ROI, coin supply and value of SPR will define this organically?  People won't run masternodes at a loss for long...

I also remain to be convinced of the dynamic masternode model other than its brilliant ease of setup.  Once again...am I missing a fundamental advantage?

The score was designed to sort the men from the boys.

Servicenode owners will try to load their nodes with as little SPR as possable (so to have move nodes/profit).
This create's instability in the network, as people are getting kicked off the list because of the small amount in the node.

So to create some stability, long term nodes that are well funded get a higher rating and probably more SPR block rewards.

That's my understanding anyway
But then it would remove the competition if they were paid more, and hence defeating the purpose of a limit.

Their not paid more because that's in the code. There paid more because they're more consistent, handle more transactions and respond 100% of the time.

Also the larger your servicenode balance is, the larger transactions your node can handle. And we need the ability to handle large transactions so we need large wallets.

Am i right in saying Dash nodes can only handle 1000 dash at a time?

Ok, so in this hypothesis the people with the bigger SPR wallets with VPS hosted masternodes would receive more payments than somebody with one masternode hosted on their macbook.  Doesn't seem right somehow.  Anyway...new ANN today.  Plenty of time to thrash out semantics and test various hypotheses!

Not necessarily, only if you assume a macbook can't store large amounts of SPR and internet wouldn't be reliable.

If you have a good internet connection (business connection) and a few SPR, i don't see why you couldn't compete with the node you describe.
Pages:
Jump to: