Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 12. (Read 810025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Jesus guys, the Ann will come when it's ready. You can't ask for the pie, eat it, then steal the pie bakers wife and bang her all in one. Roll Eyes

You don't know until you try...
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Valar nomordumpis.
Jesus guys, the Ann will come when it's ready. You can't ask for the pie, eat it, then steal the pie bakers wife and bang her all in one. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Cross posting this because it is relevant:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20182/leaked-chainalysis-roadmap-angers-bitcoin-community/

Everyone interested in Dash should read this article and learn more about Chainalysis, this company is dedicated to provide data mining of the blockchain.

Chainalysis customers – including regulatory entities, law enforcement and financial service providers – are empowered with unique insight on all transactions recorded in the Bitcoin blockchain and tools to determine the origin of the bitcoin held by any address.

They were the ones sybil attacking Bitcoin with false nodes harvesting transaction information recently.

Their roadmap leaked, check it out: http://www.scribd.com/doc/263321318/Chainalysis-Roadmap

This is a clear indication that services like this will be more prevalent in the future and platform's like Dash can become a serious alternative for people that wish to preserve their privacy.

Here are their different services leaked from the roadmap document:

legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

everyone can see that spr has some huge potential ... why the hell wouldnt they bulk up? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

No new ANN thread yet so not everyone can see that yet Smiley

I heard George spent last night chatting with idiots who don't understand masternode scoring on BCT instead of finishing the web site and preparing the ANN.  Roll Eyes  

hehehe ... everyone luvs a good argument ...

some more than others ... so they pester georgem ...

o well - at least it WILL get done ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
Decentralize Everything

everyone can see that spr has some huge potential ... why the hell wouldnt they bulk up? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

No new ANN thread yet so not everyone can see that yet Smiley

I heard George spent last night chatting with idiots who don't understand masternode scoring on BCT instead of finishing the web site and preparing the ANN.  Roll Eyes  
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
*****Liquidity alert*****

If you want some SPR, this might be your opportunity.

The Nr.3 wallet has grown.

I think this is Bittrex.

I expect people are loading up expecting an increase in the price over the next few days / weeks into which they can sell.

Growth of 1000%+ will not likely come from Bitcoin, not for a while at least.

Growth of more than that might be possible with projects such as SPR that aim to bring something new and effectively introduce the concept of Bitcoin sidechains into altcoins way ahead of sidechains becoming an actual reality in Bitcoin.

aaand speculation ( more than likely right but still speculation ) comes to the rescue again ... hehehe ...

Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
*****Liquidity alert*****

If you want some SPR, this might be your opportunity.

The Nr.3 wallet has grown.

I think this is Bittrex.

I expect people are loading up expecting an increase in the price over the next few days / weeks into which they can sell.

Growth of 1000%+ will not likely come from Bitcoin, not for a while at least.

Growth of more than that might be possible with projects such as SPR that aim to bring something new and effectively introduce the concept of Bitcoin sidechains into altcoins way ahead of sidechains becoming an actual reality in Bitcoin.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Today feels like a new ANN day...

Cool

No way, I have way more distractions for him Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Today feels like a new ANN day...

Cool
legendary
Thanks, Graham.

I'll have a go tomorrow late afternoon, after attending to some day job distractions.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
I'm trying to get my head around this auction to get a servicenode concept, or more specifically, how it will work in practice.  

Testnet's still operational. Dunno whether there are any mn-test binaries still around but as for Linux:

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin.git
$ cd spreadcoin
$ git checkout mn-test
$ qmake-qt
$ make
$ mkdir $HOME/.spreadtest2coin
$ cat < $HOME/.spreadtest2coin/spreadcoin.conf
rpcuser=spreadcoinrpc
rpcpassword=made-up-password
listen=1
server=1
testnet=1
addnode=104.131.246.114:51678
addnode=5.9.56.229:51678
mnstart=1
EOF
$ ./spreadcoin-qt -testnet
Use the Mining tab to start mining - or PM me with your testnet wallet default address for some testnet coins. Wait for confirmation. Send an easy-to-recognise amount (e.g. 911.911911) of nSPR (testnet Spreadcoin) to your wallet's default address. WAIT FOR FULL CONFIRMATION. Check the Masternode tab (the mn-test codebase hails from Masternode times), look for your easy-to-recognise amount or look for an empty checkbox in the nearly-all-blank Control column --- it's just near-impossible to spot at first when scrolling but you'll get your eye in fairly quickly. Tick the checkbox. You have promoted your vanilla node to service node status. You may now return to watching TV (nose-picking optional, I feel).

I'll now actually have to double-check that the address of the incumbent at #100 drops off the end when my 911.911911 clears and my node appears in the list.
Yup, it did.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 1092
I have a servicenode, but someone can jump in my place and kick me off the network?

Only if you are the weakest link. And this can only ever be 1 specific servicenode at any give time, no matter if we have 500 or 5000 servicenodes active.

Depending on how we implement service nodes, there might only be a kicking happening every block time, so every minute, if ever.
A kicking always requires a newcomer, yes.
If there are no newcomers trying to "register" a servicenode, there will be no kicking.

And your Node can easily be reactivated (maybe with a certain time penalty, depends again how we implement this)
if you are just willing to add enough SPR to your wallet so that you are again "well within the spread"...

"well within the spread"... I like the sound of that...  Grin

"Your node is just within the spread" Wink
legendary
Decentralize Everything
I logged in to my c-cex account this morning and saw to my big suprise that Spread is Marked for delisting!!!
What kinda nonsens is that?
Can that really be true?
Is there any exchange where this coin has any volume, or is everybody just bagholdning?

Yes, bittrex.

I wasn't even aware that it was listed at other exchanges too?
Bittrex is the only exchange where SPR has had and is having any reasonable amount of volume.

Oh yeah. I signed up for bittrex this evening, volume looks much much better.
Looks very promising.
I am not keeping coins there for long at the time, I do know that exhange, so it is better to get the coins safely back in the wallet asap Smiley

They seem to be pretty good. Just make sure to use their 2FA.

I had an issue with my 2FA a few months back. I created a ticket and I had several emails with their support. They were pretty decent and the issue with something to do with my clock being out of sync with theirs, or something. Reset my clock and it was good to go.

They were pretty good solving my 2FA problem when I lost my phone recently too.  So far, I quite like Bittrex.  Not to be confused with http://www.bitrex.com/
legendary
I logged in to my c-cex account this morning and saw to my big suprise that Spread is Marked for delisting!!!
Can that really be true?
Is there any exchange where this coin has any volume, or is everybody just bagholdning?

Yes, bittrex.

Bittrex is the only exchange where SPR has had and is having any reasonable amount of volume.

Looks very promising.
I am not keeping coins there for long at the time, I do know that exhange, so it is better to get the coins safely back in the wallet asap Smiley

They seem to be pretty good. Just make sure to use their 2FA.

I had an issue with my 2FA a few months back. I created a ticket and I had several emails with their support. They were pretty decent and the issue with something to do with my clock being out of sync with theirs, or something. Reset my clock and it was good to go.

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Captain
Can that really be true?

Yes, bittrex.

Looks very promising.
legendary
Good spot.

That is the reason why I brought up the financial barrier to put up nodes.

They are claimed to have put up 250 nodes to sybil attack (intercept) the bitcoin network.

"A few weeks ago, Chainalysis was forced to defend itself after allegations it had disrupted services with a “Sybil attack” that created more than 250 “false” Bitcoin nodes to harvest information on the whereabouts of transactions, which provoked strong and often angered reactions by the Bitcoin community. Grønager told CoinDesk that Chainalysis permits monitoring compliance with applicable money transfer regulations, and therefore helps Bitcoin companies to obtain bank accounts and do business with mainstream financial institutions."

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20182/leaked-chainalysis-roadmap-angers-bitcoin-community/

But I am keen to see the servicenode proposition in action.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
This particular example isn't what we should have, but I like the idea of nodes firing off messages around a distributed decentralized network.

Cool

yup ...

thats it ...

can this be done mate? ...

#crysx
You see, the thing with 3D animations is that you actually need to model the drawings in 3D, and I am not very good with that. But I would like to learn how to do it. I should probably watch some blender modelling videos. I also would need to texture the models, and that takes a while. Unless I can just give them a colour.

When I have the time I will go and watch some videos on using the sculpt tool in blender and hopefully I'll be able to fulfil this request.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
haha,  Smiley

enough said. (for now, at this place)
legendary
lol.

He's like, let me finish this damn website.
Pages:
Jump to: