Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 186. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
So quick question about the price..... If apparently it is costing people around 50k for mining and with the introduction of masternodes people are estimating that the price for mining would then be 71k a coin then why are there still people dumping this coin or suppressing the price? I mean I'm not complaining because that's more and more cheap SpreadCoin for me Wink But I'm just kind of lost as to why people would sell their coins for less than they cost to apparently mine? If someone could maybe shine some light on this for me that would be greatly appreciated Smiley Cheers

Weak hands getting weeded out.  Simple as that.  

lots of people that sells last few days that get into spread early not by mining (some of my friends) they all get into UNB, fast money

im still undecided buy more spread now or go there 2  Undecided

You go get your "fast money".
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So quick question about the price..... If apparently it is costing people around 50k for mining and with the introduction of masternodes people are estimating that the price for mining would then be 71k a coin then why are there still people dumping this coin or suppressing the price? I mean I'm not complaining because that's more and more cheap SpreadCoin for me Wink But I'm just kind of lost as to why people would sell their coins for less than they cost to apparently mine? If someone could maybe shine some light on this for me that would be greatly appreciated Smiley Cheers

Weak hands getting weeded out.  Simple as that.  

lots of people that sells last few days that get into spread early not by mining (some of my friends) they all get into UNB, fast money

im still undecided buy more spread now or go there 2  Undecided
Activity: 854

Weak hands getting weeded out.  Simple as that. 
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

Spreadcoin is still not finished.  It has a ton of potential and a great development team.  The best thing we can do is grab as much spread as we can and sit on it.  Once the supply is cut off then it wont be long until we hit $1 spr, $10 spr, or even $100 spr.  Masternodes are the way to go for someone who does not have a decent mining rig.  Once the secret is out how easy it is to get the coin with masternodes people will freak trying to get ahold of enough. I would suggest a minimum of 200 spr per masternode to beat out the newcomers.

SPR needs buy support, at least 100 BTC to reach a decent price.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Spreadcoin is still not finished.  It has a ton of potential and a great development team.  The best thing we can do is grab as much spread as we can and sit on it.  Once the supply is cut off then it wont be long until we hit $1 spr, $10 spr, or even $100 spr.  Masternodes are the way to go for someone who does not have a decent mining rig.  Once the secret is out how easy it is to get the coin with masternodes people will freak trying to get ahold of enough. I would suggest a minimum of 200 spr per masternode to beat out the newcomers.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Fun fact:

We are now on page 2^8.

Could that be expressed as 2^2^2^2?

No.

You need 2^2^3. Using 2^2^(2^2) instead of (3) results in your number being a "bit" off: 65,536. Note that with exponents in this form you must work backwards, so the format can be a bit confusing; it makes more sense in standard superscript form.

Edit: this would work as well: ((2^2)^2)^2
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

It's good that we don't have (multi)pools that would constantly sell their coins into the bidders hands, ... and drive down the price.

I don't think those are SPR miners who are selling cheap.

I guess we are just in a transformation phase.
We have seen large dumping in the past few days. And this is probably not over yet.

But also: many people have already made up their mind that SPR is much more valuable than the actual price.
People are very content with this first testing phase. Everything worked as planned and the community has shown good teamwork on a large scale.
I think with a growing community, even more dev output and testing, this coin has so much more potential.

Don't let the dumpers and cheapsellers disturb you, their amount of SPR that they can dump is running out fast.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Will the Mac OS X wallet also be able to generate MasterNodes?

I am using the windows wallet under "wine" to run it one my mac...

Thanks for you response, what do you mean with "wine". Could you explain the steps to run  the windows wallet on a mac?
I'm just not that technical.  Tongue
Wine is a program that lets you install .exe (windows setups) files in linux, must be same in mac too, i am sure in linux tho, i use it. Check software center in mac and see if you have wine or not then install wine first and download spreadcoin windows qt. you ll be able to run qt.exe with right click on file and open with wine or something like that and you are done Grin

It's not that easy to use on a mac, but you can find some install instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX#head-3d76f40e89a1da813fa976a4d4b3234d1a77a1c4
legendary
For mainnet, when it's released, I'm sure there will be a mac wallet you can just download as normal. Nobody has bothered compiling a mac version for testnet yet, that's all. If you have a mac, feel free to compile it yourself if you like.

I tried, too many compile errors (something about libc++ from mac not supporting some of the templates present in libboost). Probably would need me to install a new version of gcc and glibc++ via macports. Using wine is way easier :-D
legendary
Thanks guys for the responses, will look to into it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
legendary
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Anybody wants to share the average election time (ET) his masternode had, now that we did some testing?

Visit this poll:
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48.0
legendary
Activity: 966
For mainnet, when it's released, I'm sure there will be a mac wallet you can just download as normal. Nobody has bothered compiling a mac version for testnet yet, that's all. If you have a mac, feel free to compile it yourself if you like.
legendary

Thanks for you response, what do you mean with "wine". Could you explain the steps to run  the windows wallet on a mac?
Wine is a program that lets you install .exe (windows setups) files in linux, must be same in mac too, i am sure in linux tho, i use it. Check software center in mac and see if you have wine or not then install wine first and download spreadcoin windows qt. you ll be able to run qt.exe with right click on file and open with wine or something like that and you are done Grin
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Is there any guide on how to become a tester on testnet? Bought 1.6k SPR to start with and see how it turns out, more to come! Smiley
Just in case you didn't know. You don't use real spreadcoins to test the masternodes.
Head over to spreadcointalk.org and you can post your tSPR address in the appropriate thread to get some tSPR.
legendary

Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Is there any guide on how to become a tester on testnet? Bought 1.6k SPR to start with and see how it turns out, more to come! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Hey guys,
Is there a date set on when masternodes are coming on mainnet?
Am currently living it up in dubai on holiday, but i'm hoping i'll be back in time to buy some more and set up some master nodes Smiley

Was bummed out though when the price went to 20k sat that i couldnt buy more.
Jump to: