Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 189. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
BTW, georgem, I love your idea about 1440 MN.  (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.msg790#msg790) Looks like Mr. Spread likes it too.

Thanks.

I was thinking about spreadcoin constantly the last two weeks. And I will not stop. Something magic about this coin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
it would be great if mr.spread could integrate all gpu and cpu hashing we have into wallet that way we would be sure that all works as it should, and yes im using spreadx11 miner but for now is better for small miners to mine darkcoin on multipools sell them and buy spreadcoin from uberhash spreadcoin miners.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I took a hack at trying to figure out what the average mn size might be in SPR given 1440 risk possible MN's.
Since there are currently 1.71 million SPR in circulation and since most holders want to have as many mn's as is possible given total holdings this would imply an average SPR per mn of about 1190 SPR.
Now the distribution of 1440 mn's, if it is similar to the testnet, will be overall similar in size with gradual increases and decreases.
So if you assume a gradual increase and decrease of about 10 SPR in either direction per 100 mn's until all coins in circulation are used up you get a total range of 1120-1260.
The biggest wildcard here will be exactly what % of total coins in circulation will be in mn's... There's no way it'll be anywhere close to 100%, at least not this early in the game.

JL

Any comments?
Activity: 128
Merit: 101
BTW, georgem, I love your idea about 1440 MN.  (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.msg790#msg790) Looks like Mr. Spread likes it too.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
SPR is on a decent recovery after those Dumps.

Yep that is really pleasant to see that this coin recovered quite nicely and that us true believers in this coin were able to snag some more at cheap discount prices thanks to the troll brigade Wink WICKED!! VIVE LE SPREVOLUTION!!!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
SPR is on a decent recovery after those Dumps.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
first off all im not here to pun, i like this coin and i bought some but yesterday at this time i put 2 machines with 6 gpus to mine this coin and didnt find any blocks in last 24 hours is this coin become to hard to mine for small miners or i was just to unlucky again this is about 5th time i tried to mine and i set up everything alright but didnt found even one block. I think it should be better for small miners that this coin start to make some official pools for small miners lets say 10 mhs max per same ip/miner so that small miners can have some chance to get some coins 2  Smiley .  

1) Calculate average time for finding a block. Net hashrate/your hashrate = average time in minutes. If you have no blocks in more then, let's say, x2 of this time, you can start to worry that you're doing something wrong (or you're very unlucky).

2) I guess you CAN use testnet with ONE gpu for SHORT time to see if you get any blocks whatsoever so your config is OK. But I can't say that for sure... MAYBE that's a bad idea... Maybe we need yet another testnet for miners testing their rigs actually mine some blocks... Hope I don't give an idea for some of our haters and trolls...

currently nvidia miner doesn't work on testnet. AMD miner works fine.

BTW, make sure you are using one of the spreadcoin miners. Some people were trying to use regular X11 miners, but thos will not work on spreadcoin, since spreadcoin has a second layer of hashing and signing over the X11 algorithm. If you are using X11 miners, you will never find any blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
first off all im not here to pun, i like this coin and i bought some but yesterday at this time i put 2 machines with 6 gpus to mine this coin and didnt find any blocks in last 24 hours is this coin become to hard to mine for small miners or i was just to unlucky again this is about 5th time i tried to mine and i set up everything alright but didnt found even one block. I think it should be better for small miners that this coin start to make some official pools for small miners lets say 10 mhs max per same ip/miner so that small miners can have some chance to get some coins 2  Smiley .  

1) Calculate average time for finding a block. Net hashrate/your hashrate = average time in minutes. If you have no blocks in more then, let's say, x2 of this time, you can start to worry that you're doing something wrong (or you're very unlucky).

2) I guess you CAN use testnet with ONE gpu for SHORT time to see if you get any blocks whatsoever so your config is OK. But I can't say that for sure... MAYBE that's a bad idea... Maybe we need yet another testnet for miners testing their rigs actually mine some blocks... Hope I don't give an idea for some of our haters and trolls...

currently nvidia miner doesn't work on testnet. AMD miner works fine.
Activity: 128
Merit: 101

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I took a hack at trying to figure out what the average mn size might be in SPR given 1440 risk possible MN's.
Since there are currently 1.71 million SPR in circulation and since most holders want to have as many mn's as is possible given total holdings this would imply an average SPR per mn of about 1190 SPR.
Now the distribution of 1440 mn's, if it is similar to the testnet, will be overall similar in size with gradual increases and decreases.
So if you assume a gradual increase and decrease of about 10 SPR in either direction per 100 mn's until all coins in circulation are used up you get a total range of 1120-1260.
The biggest wildcard here will be exactly what % of total coins in circulation will be in mn's... There's no way it'll be anywhere close to 100%, at least not this early in the game.

JL
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
One thing about the MN :
The fact that you can have 10 MN on the same wallet is not a problem? This is only for testnet or it'll be like this on mainnet?

Normally the MNs should help the network to achieve diferent task, and I don't see how 10 or more MN on the same wallet/deamon/server would help more than only 1 per server.
What I want to say is that this is not really decentralized concept Wink

I agree, 2000 Darkcoin Masternodes running on 2000 separate machines is a very robust network.

Spread has a voting system though, hopefully it can be modified to give higher scores to machines running fewer Masternodes. Then competition is going to push people trying to run dozens of Masternodes on the same crappy Windows box off the network.

This is early testing, Mr Spread seems to know what he's doing. Smiley

Oh yes maybe the Score system will prevent the use of multi MN per server. I think it should be prohibited, but this is only my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 966

I think it would be better for small miners if they didn't have the attention span of a gnat and stopped feeling entitled to instant free money, then whining when they don't get any.

You make just as much or more mining solo long term than you would via a pool.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
All I can say Mr. Spread delivers what he sets out to do.  Cool
Yep he definitely is one to make sure that when he sets out to do something he damn well makes sure that he does it  Cool lol Here's to greater things to come from SpreadCoin and to our amazing developer Mr. Spread Wink Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1092
All I can say Mr. Spread delivers what he sets out to do.  Cool
Activity: 168
legendary
One thing about the MN :
The fact that you can have 10 MN on the same wallet is not a problem? This is only for testnet or it'll be like this on mainnet?

Normally the MNs should help the network to achieve diferent task, and I don't see how 10 or more MN on the same wallet/deamon/server would help more than only 1 per server.

I agree, 2000 Darkcoin Masternodes running on 2000 separate machines is a very robust network.

Spread has a voting system though, hopefully it can be modified to give higher scores to machines running fewer Masternodes. Then competition is going to push people trying to run dozens of Masternodes on the same crappy Windows box off the network.

This is early testing, Mr Spread seems to know what he's doing. Smiley
legendary
Payments rolling in on my VPS nicely:

{
        "account" : "mn15",
        "address" : "muCckRXnSmCYehpUD6b8ezQtoD88fTZqvF",
        "category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 1.99777350,
        "confirmations" : 72,
        "generated" : true,
        "blockhash" : "ab11bd6e2dec6c674514d41eac13493cc99b3ebd9a1d2a3e203744d1052cd0ac",
        "blockindex" : 0,
        "blocktime" : 1422552526,
        "txid" : "cb234301939e8c5b7dffd825d7cc0434091e028683a18ff110bf538049d39d36",
        "time" : 1422552526,
        "timereceived" : 1422552527
    },
    {
        "account" : "mn6",
        "address" : "mtqqYni2Zjeob4tfvGeogZ7RnY49Qq5k4s",
        "amount" : 1.99774350,
        "confirmations" : 12,
        "blockhash" : "0fef3f9d2350d2b132f3af3d12ee3b0ef9a7b1b947f1cdb9ad3d22552da494de",
        "blocktime" : 1422555717,
        "txid" : "e11f977e128d63499d217c70bfe8a088d78bd08ab1a880a8d7926e1cb9cbc834",
        "time" : 1422555717,
        "timereceived" : 1422555718
    },
    {
        "account" : "mn9",
        "address" : "mmrfjEL9XZoDGpnTyEm3rNnk1MJAs84Ten",
        "amount" : 1.99773900,
        "confirmations" : 3,
        "blockhash" : "b38a4db57aa83edf588dd7d501563df59ffe0a6f78e395c540d1d0cd7bb0b907",
        "blocktime" : 1422556590,
        "txid" : "fc82408c12362e695d8ea845dd034c3c57338767f8c7d86a0064732e54e554a9",
        "time" : 1422556590,
        "timereceived" : 1422556592
    },
    {
        "account" : "mn4",
        "address" : "mq4GBfmg5hi9eGu883CruYLKx43oXzmFBQ",
        "amount" : 1.99773800,
        "confirmations" : 1,
        "blockhash" : "a55c03f509daf7b7b874858cfd249af9a2844be3c481cf2bfe6371dc92bdd547",
        "blocktime" : 1422556999,
        "txid" : "e8179e3651587473cdc342233094e2606acb9f4ae082bbd12a191c334dbb48cb",
        "time" : 1422556999,
        "timereceived" : 1422557000
    }
legendary
Activity: 1288
One thing about the MN :

Activity: 198
Actually a mix of both - probably closer to half and half.

Kewl...

Think I'll try splitting up that 300 SPR MN into two more "virtual" nodes   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
LOL - ok first and foremost - I am ignoring pretty much all newbie accounts that start out with bs or are quoting some other fudsters bs.  It really does help the screen view and allow me to see the important stuff.  Try it it helps!

Agreed... but sometimes just can't help myself from pointing out the hypocrisy and stupidity...  Embarrassed

Ok - so I received my first 17+ tSPR MN payments - woot - it works!  Ahemmm - I have over 42 MN's hehe.  So I expect a lot of coin today! :-)

Are a lot of them multiple addresses in one wallet, or single MN's per wallet instance?

Actually a mix of both - probably closer to half and half.
Jump to: