Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 188. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Oh and could you put up some testnet nodes ?

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/net.cpp#L1207

The ones from darkcoin don't work, neither do none at all Smiley
legendary
Is there a CPU (not gpu) miner for SPR ?

Best would be one based on "minerd"

you  can use your own wallet for that, there's a cpu miner embedded in it.

Yes but if I have 25 linux VPS'es and want to hash from that...

you run 25 wallets with the same privkey on the conf file, as described here:

Mining
You can mine directly from the wallet, just go to the mining tab and press 'Start mining', you will start mine to your wallet. Thread about mining SpreadCoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amd-and-nvidia-miners-for-spreadcoin-solo-only-coin-are-now-available-869289

Also you can mine to a specific address (this is useful if you are mining on several computers). To do so:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.

I cannot install 25 wallets on 25 vpses Smiley  lol..

Why is there no minerd for this coin? You have ported sgminer and cgminer so minerd should not be the challenge Smiley

because no one needed one until now.

But then, why can't you install 25 wallets on 25 VPS? they're easier to install than minerd... and you can usually create a single VPS and clone it 25 times, can't you?

These are active VPS'es, I cannot clone / renew them or do anything special with them.

Minerd is just one program, I need to compile it once and I cant set it up on every VPS without anything special. It is up and running in < 1 minute without download blockchain etc.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Retweet my tweet for a chance to win 110 Spreadcoins I will choose the winner at 9PM EST

https://twitter.com/MRCASHKING/status/560900375101071361
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
500 SPR bounty for a step by step guide with screenshots for setting up a masternode on a VPS.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!

Mining
You can mine directly from the wallet, just go to the mining tab and press 'Start mining', you will start mine to your wallet. Thread about mining SpreadCoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amd-and-nvidia-miners-for-spreadcoin-solo-only-coin-are-now-available-869289

Also you can mine to a specific address (this is useful if you are mining on several computers). To do so:
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.

Why is there no minerd for this coin? You have ported sgminer and cgminer so minerd should not be the challenge Smiley

But then, why can't you install 25 wallets on 25 VPS? they're easier to install than minerd... and you can usually create a single VPS and clone it 25 times, can't you?
legendary

Mining

I think we will see a very unsymmetrical distribution of SPR amounts.

The fewest MNs at the top (with high amounts of SPR), and the most MNs around the bottom (with low amounts of SPR).

The drive to always decrease your SPR amount close to the absolute minimum of 100 SPR will never go away!

Even if all your MNs have 1000 SPR in them, everyday you will think about all the profit that you are missing by NOT splitting them up into smaller entities.
And everybody else will have the same thoughts in his head!

The profit incentive is insane, because we are talking about a profit multiplication with every division.

That's a good point as well.  I hadn't thought of that.  Interesting.
legendary

Mining

I took a hack at trying to figure out what the average mn size might be in SPR given 1440 risk possible MN's.
Since there are currently 1.71 million SPR in circulation and since most holders want to have as many mn's as is possible given total holdings this would imply an average SPR per mn of about 1190 SPR.
Now the distribution of 1440 mn's, if it is similar to the testnet, will be overall similar in size with gradual increases and decreases.
So if you assume a gradual increase and decrease of about 10 SPR in either direction per 100 mn's until all coins in circulation are used up you get a total range of 1120-1260.
The biggest wildcard here will be exactly what % of total coins in circulation will be in mn's... There's no way it'll be anywhere close to 100%, at least not this early in the game.

JL
Any comments?

As you say, the biggest wildcard will be the percentage locked into masternodes.  Some people will get booted by the cap, get pissed and sell.  Others will get booted and buy more SPR to get higher.  Some people will want in on the action and buy SPR to get a masternode.  And as the price rises, some masternode owners will close their masternode to sell.

It's going to be fascinating to watch.  I suspect we'll see a lot more liquidity come to the exchanges which will be good.
legendary

Mining

legendary

Activity: 128
Merit: 101
VIVE LE SPREVOLUTION!!   Ladies and Gentlemen our new slogan.
Is it French? In spanish, it's viva la (revolución). Sorry for my grunting, I honestly don't know.
Congratulations to the community for now having setup over 400 masternodes!  Payments are flowing and everything looks great.

And congratulations to Mr. Spread for proving to the world what most of us suspected: you are a top tier dev.

I REALLY LIKE the way things are coming together.  This is one hell of an exciting coin to be a part of.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Started my #spreadcoin twitter promo campaign. Follow me guys! twitter.com/MRCASHKING

Following!

Glad we have you on board!

(sshhhhh, dudes, this guy has 100k twitter followers...  Shocked)
legendary

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Started my #spreadcoin twitter promo campaign. Follow me guys! twitter.com/MRCASHKING
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
VIVE LE SPREVOLUTION!!   Ladies and Gentlemen our new slogan.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I took a hack at trying to figure out what the average mn size might be in SPR given 1440 risk possible MN's.
Since there are currently 1.71 million SPR in circulation and since most holders want to have as many mn's as is possible given total holdings this would imply an average SPR per mn of about 1190 SPR.
Now the distribution of 1440 mn's, if it is similar to the testnet, will be overall similar in size with gradual increases and decreases.
So if you assume a gradual increase and decrease of about 10 SPR in either direction per 100 mn's until all coins in circulation are used up you get a total range of 1120-1260.
The biggest wildcard here will be exactly what % of total coins in circulation will be in mn's... There's no way it'll be anywhere close to 100%, at least not this early in the game.

JL

Any comments?

I think we will see a very unsymmetrical distribution of SPR amounts.

The fewest MNs at the top (with high amounts of SPR), and the most MNs around the bottom (with low amounts of SPR).

The drive to always decrease your SPR amount close to the absolute minimum of 100 SPR will never go away!

Even if all your MNs have 1000 SPR in them, everyday you will think about all the profit that you are missing by NOT splitting them up into smaller entities.
And everybody else will have the same thoughts in his head!

The profit incentive is insane, because we are talking about a profit multiplication with every division.

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

JL

Any comments?

I'm hoping to run nodes for 300-600 SPR, if roughly half the coins get locked up. It could definitely be more, depending on how easy it is to run MN's. Smaller miners and traders could get a few nodes before any major price rise, pushing up the % out of circulation.
Jump to: