Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 193. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
(...)
The use of giant red letters does not help your argument.

He actually has no argument. All those issues were addressed and clarified publicly, several times, but he does not want answers, he wants to spam. This is tiresome...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.
no comment about this issue?

We all know you're full of FUD - there is no issue, except you.

He's somewhat right about it.. I remember crouton complaining in Darkcoin about a few major pools having a bunch of hashrate.. we now see the same on SPR except it's private miners with no accountability to anyone versus pools that do have some accountability, at least to their users.

IMO Spreadcoin's only particular feature is flawed and got it's purpose defeated. All the other "features" are copied from other coins.

Edit: had to remove colors from my quote due to crybabies.

I couldn't agree with you more.But it seems nobody esle wants to talk about or even admit those flaws.
Just as you said ,SPR is totally NO FEATURES at all.
Here are the fatal flaws
1.Instamined
2.not no pool as it claimed on the title any longer
3.unfair distribution -- some one is mining with 50% faster optimized GPU miner

any one want to respond to the issues listed above? please no bullshit,no personal attact this time.
another reason to use red big font is it's easy to find my previous posts.

please focus on what I said,not on what type of font I used. Wink
Activity: 202
Testing of MN so far so good. I get quite low value in "Score". So should be good to go when the real thing is implemented.
Now sending some mined tSPR to other MN testers.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.
no comment about this issue?

We all know you're full of FUD - there is no issue, except you.

He's somewhat right about it.. I remember crouton complaining in Darkcoin about a few major pools having a bunch of hashrate.. we now see the same on SPR except it's private miners with no accountability to anyone versus pools that do have some accountability, at least to their users.

IMO Spreadcoin's only particular feature is flawed and got it's purpose defeated. All the other "features" are copied from other coins.

Edit: had to remove colors from my quote due to crybabies.

I couldn't agree with you more.But it seems nobody esle wants to talk about or even admit those flaws.
Just as you said ,SPR is totally NO FEATURES at all.
Here are the fatal flaws
1.Instamined
2.not no pool as it claimed on the title any longer
3.unfair distribution -- some one is mining with 50% faster optimized GPU miner

any one want to respond to the issues listed above? please no bullshit,no personal attact this time.
another reason to use red big font is it's easy to find my previous posts.

legendary
(...)

What you are trying to prove by writing all in red.

Do not help him spam the thread by quoting his red letters. Please edit them out while quoting, this helps everyone (even him, he would have a way better impact if he did not use red letters).
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

He is trying to prove he is just a sad troll so please don't quote trolls.. they are ignored by most here and im avoding red letters too, it hurt my eyes!!
I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.
I am not against pools,what I am against is that spr is not worth the title of 'no pool' and unfair distribution -- wolf0 sold his 50% faster miner to big farmer,maybe to that guy who takes 25% of the network .

This is truth we can even see this and we from china nobody are safe with no pools
quite right.
the wise action is to let those previousDRK  fans ,now  ignorant  SPR holders fuck SPR by theirselves.
without new comers,this coin will die soon.  Wink
any way ,it wont hurt to be alet.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

simply try not to be flooded by posts here.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.

I am not against pools,what I am against is that spr is not worth the title of 'no pool' and unfair distribution -- wolf0 sold his 50% faster miner to big farmer,maybe to that guy who takes 25% of the network .

This is truth we can even see this and we from china nobody are safe with no pools
quite right.
the wise action is to let those previousDRK  fans ,now  ignorant  SPR holders fuck SPR by theirselves.
without new comers,this coin will die soon.  Wink
any way ,it wont hurt to be alet.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Do we have a pool? Yes.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.

quite right.
the wise action is to let those previousDRK  fans ,now  ignorant  SPR holders fuck SPR by theirselves.
without new comers,this coin will die soon.  Wink
any way ,it wont hurt to be alet.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
we should reach 300 MNs any moment now!

Watch closely. Update often!

Smiley
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Hey guys we have added PiMP support for you guys so you can use the best mining platform along with your coin!
See #PiMP irc channel for more information and keep up the great work!

Blog article located at  http://www.getpimp.org/community/blog/180-spreadcoin.html

Article:

Thanks to sling00 and kal in the #PiMP support channel, we have added SpreadCoin support to pimpupdate.

Thanks to kal for donations and testing to make this happen.

Steps:

1. Drop to terminal and run pimpupdate.

2. Update to v1.4.5 or newer.

3. Run it again. At main menu, Choose 5. Update miners using minermenu.

4. Choose 13. Sgminer-Spreadcoin for spreadcoin mining. It will compile and install the spreadcoin miner (into /opt/sgminer-spreadcoin) and a default conf (into /opt/ifmi/cgminer.spreadcoin.conf)

5. Open a browser and go to http://wiki.getpimp.org/wiki/PoolManager and scroll down to Profiles. This will tell you how to add a profile to Poolmanager for spreadcoin. Use the miner and conf paths above in step 4.

6. Set up your wallet on another machine. You do not put a wallet on a mining rig. The IP of that wallet will be put into your cgminer.spreadcoin.conf by using PoolManager to edit the conf.

7. Your wallet machine will need to have the file spreadcoin.conf. In linux it is placed in ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf - in Windows place it where it is supposed to go. Here is an example format:

rpcthreads=80
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcallowip=10.10.10.*
rpcport=41677
port=41678
gen=0
server=1

8. Now you should be able to mine SPR to your wallet. Profit and enjoy!

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Sadly it's not possible to export or copy the data. You can select the table cells, but no possibility to right click or anything. YET!
You can, but only one cell at a time. I copied/pasted all my outputs into a list to generate my mnstart strings with the mnsecret command.

you are right, ctrl+C + ctrl+V will copy/paste the content of a single cell. Well....
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Sadly it's not possible to export or copy the data. You can select the table cells, but no possibility to right click or anything. YET!
You can, but only one cell at a time. I copied/pasted all my outputs into a list to generate my mnstart strings with the mnsecret command.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
so, new feature request, heh? "export to CSV" Wink

I guess the easier way would be to have this done by a CLI/RPC command like "mnlist" that would output the results of the table as json code, than we can process it electronically.

Exactly. It's already on the wishlist for the next test version:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41.0

"mnlist" would be the perfect name for it.

I am looking forward to a RPC command so that my server can make a snapshot of the mnlist every minute or so.

Imagine the hilarious time lapse videos you could create with this data!
legendary
Update, we have 348 MNs with 69 unelected ones, so 279 active MNs.

So close....  Shocked

We just need 21 of those 48 MNs over 300 to finally get elected!  Cool

have you counted them by hand or do you copy and paste the table into a spreadsheet or something?

by hand, I am a human scanning machine.

so, new feature request, heh? "export to CSV" Wink

I guess the easier way would be to have this done by a CLI/RPC command like "mnlist" that would output the results of the table as json code, than we can process it electronically.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

So close....  Shocked

We just need 21 of those 48 MNs over 300 to finally get elected!  Cool

have you counted them by hand or do you copy and paste the table into a spreadsheet or something?

by hand, I am a human scanning machine.

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

So close....  Shocked

We just need 21 of those 48 MNs over 300 to finally get elected!  Cool

i think hands fingers toeses and noses are used girino ...

Smiley

#crysx
legendary

So close....  Shocked

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

So close....  Shocked

all on this end checked and ready to go mate ...

#crysx
legendary
spreadcoin.info

So close....  Shocked

Jump to: