Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 241. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Well regardless of owning your own home or not you are doing a service to yourself to learn the solar way.  It is amazing to be able to produce your own power.  Eventually when the battery system comes down in cost and gets more efficient I will look into adding it.  As of right now I would basically need a section of my basement dedicated to the batteries.  LOL not ready to give that up yet.

Exactly, what surprised me the most is, that even with this little space I use with my solar panels (in sum only about 1 square meter panel) and a lame panel efficiency of only about 16%, I still manage to put this energy to good use, I really feel the effect they have on what devices I use and how I think about energy. (I can constantly power small devices like tablets, mobile phone, a few led lamps and 2 laptops, and I have done so for the last 3 years. Total investment about 1300$, but I overdone the redundancy a little bit (buying controllers and batteries three times). It could be done cheaper. But redundancy is important to me.)

Now imagine if one day this square meter runs with an efficiency of 40%? Or maybe 50%? This would bring in 3 times more energy than is available just at my small 4 window seats... that's incredible. With your roof you could power 3 houses all running mining equipment.  Grin

This is just the beginning. Cheap commercial Solarpanels just need to raise their efficiency from <20% to >40% while staying cheap and we will have a worldwide revolution.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
So I thought it might be cool to upload some pics of my mining operation.  Right now the GPU's are mining SPR and the scrypt asics are mining for BTC which gets converted to SPR  Grin.  

I started in the home office with some R9 290's but got quickly kicked out into the garage due to heat and noise.
https://i.imgur.com/EiTfcAwl.jpg?1

Once I found the 750ti's I was able to swap out the R9 290's and sneak (4) into the home office computer again!  Shhh - she may not know!  Roll Eyes
https://i.imgur.com/DJ3aAIll.jpg?1

How about others load some pics to show off their operation?

Nice setup. What's the power bill like?

It is not bad - between everything - I burn about 1700 watts a day.  I do have solar panels so it offsets the mining and my regular home use.  I average about $50/month in power bill.

Can we take a look at your solar panel setup? Your solar battery must be like 300 Kilos to deliever this consistent power, lol, right? Or do you only use solar energy on the fly without saving it for later?

I too have a few small solar panels on 4 of my window seats, all panels together average to about 100 Watt an hour on a sunny day.
I use them to power all my gadgets, 2 laptops, some tablets and mobile phones. And I use 2 x 20 Kilo (+ 1 x 30 Kilo) Batteries to save the solar energy for later use.
Lol, maybe I could power a USB miner with this.  Grin

One of my small solar panels, right in front of my basil (you gotta be self reliant!)

Control of input (solar) and output (battery)

And the 30 kilo battery.

I didn't see the pictures on the first post but now I do.  That is a pretty cool setup.  Do you think you can run a miner from them?

Not reliably, no. Maybe on the sunniest days I could constantly run 1 GPU at 60 watt , but my system is oriented around backup and complete self sufficiency.

I even have a redundancy of 3 controllers + 3 batteries. I just want to have light, laptop, mobile and tablets running indepentently from whatever happens to my neighborhood. :-)
Also I don't have my own roof, it's just a rented apartment, so the landlord just allows me to use any south and west window seats for small solar activities.
If I owned my own house/roof I would go totally crazy with it, I tell you. :-)

Well regardless of owning your own home or not you are doing a service to yourself to learn the solar way.  It is amazing to be able to produce your own power.  Eventually when the battery system comes down in cost and gets more efficient I will look into adding it.  As of right now I would basically need a section of my basement dedicated to the batteries.  LOL not ready to give that up yet.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
So I thought it might be cool to upload some pics of my mining operation.  Right now the GPU's are mining SPR and the scrypt asics are mining for BTC which gets converted to SPR  Grin.  

I started in the home office with some R9 290's but got quickly kicked out into the garage due to heat and noise.

Once I found the 750ti's I was able to swap out the R9 290's and sneak (4) into the home office computer again!  Shhh - she may not know!  Roll Eyes

It is not bad - between everything - I burn about 1700 watts a day.  I do have solar panels so it offsets the mining and my regular home use.  I average about $50/month in power bill.

Can we take a look at your solar panel setup? Your solar battery must be like 300 Kilos to deliever this consistent power, lol, right? Or do you only use solar energy on the fly without saving it for later?

I too have a few small solar panels on 4 of my window seats, all panels together average to about 100 Watt an hour on a sunny day.
I use them to power all my gadgets, 2 laptops, some tablets and mobile phones. And I use 2 x 20 Kilo (+ 1 x 30 Kilo) Batteries to save the solar energy for later use.

One of my small solar panels, right in front of my basil (you gotta be self reliant!)

And the 30 kilo battery.

I didn't see the pictures on the first post but now I do.  That is a pretty cool setup.  Do you think you can run a miner from them?

Not reliably, no. Maybe on the sunniest days I could constantly run 1 GPU at 60 watt , but my system is oriented around backup and complete self sufficiency.

I even have a redundancy of 3 controllers + 3 batteries. I just want to have light, laptop, mobile and tablets running indepentently from whatever happens to my neighborhood. :-)
Also I don't have my own roof, it's just a rented apartment, so the landlord just allows me to use any south and west window seats for small solar activities.
If I owned my own house/roof I would go totally crazy with it, I tell you. :-)
legendary
spreadcoin.info
legendary

And the 30 kilo battery.

I didn't see the pictures on the first post but now I do.  That is a pretty cool setup.  Do you think you can run a miner from them?
legendary

Can we take a look at your solar panel setup? Your solar battery must be like 300 Kilos to deliever this consistent power, lol, right?

I too have some small solar panel on 4 of my window seats, the panels average to about 100 Watt an hour on a sunny day.
I use them to power all my gadgets, tablets and mobile phones. And I use 2 x 20 Kilo (+ 1 x 30 Kilo) Batteries to save the solar energy for later use.

And the 30 kilo battery.

Hehe - I will have to take a picture when it is nice outside. (snowing now).  I do not have solar battery back-up.  Was too damn expensive to put on (over $10k).  The system on my roof is a 10Kw system.  Which is enough to generate credits for me all day which get applied to my electric bill.  Without the solar panels I am sure I would be around $350 USD per month on average.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

And the 30 kilo battery.
legendary

It is not bad - between everything - I burn about 1700 watts a day.  I do have solar panels so it offsets the mining and my regular home use.  I average about $50/month in power bill.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I find that SPR block size is less than 1/3 of DRK.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
End of the month, some bills had to be paid?  Smiley
Next week end is an important day for SPR. Wink

I hope Mr. Spread gives an early heads up, so we can coordinate the testing. This will be such a fun experience.
End of the month, some bills had to be paid?  Smiley
Next week end is an important day for SPR. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
End of the month, some bills had to be paid?  Smiley
legendary
Hey guys, how many satoshi in a Bitcoin? 10.000.000 right?
100,000,000 satoshis. Because 1 bitcoin has 8 decimals.

Thanks man, ofcourse it's 8
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
100,000,000 satoshis. Because 1 bitcoin has 8 decimals.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
What's happening on Bittrex guys?

Low volume sucks....doesn't say much, what I can tell is that if the buy support cracks at 58k satoshis , new price will be 40k satoshis, there is a 5.4 BTC wall at that range, if this 40k sats wall cracks, new price will be 26k sats in a matter of seconds....

It will be a good chance to buy low.

If I had at least 12 BTC to invest I would do that, input some sell pressure, kill the actual price and buy low a lot of SPR....

low volume alone has never cracked anything. Spreadcoin has a lot of things coming its way, a lot of anticipation building up!

I didn't say that...I've just analyzed the order book and said that low volume don't give us the big picture.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
I just registered at BTER to try and upvote SPR. But as it seems you need this currency called BTR to even be able to vote?
Sucks.

Any news about cryptsy?
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Low volume sucks....doesn't say much, what I can tell is that if the buy support cracks at 58k satoshis , new price will be 40k satoshis, there is a 5.4 BTC wall at that range, if this 40k sats wall cracks, new price will be 26k sats in a matter of seconds....

If I had at least 12 BTC to invest I would do that, input some sell pressure, kill the actual price and buy low a lot of SPR....

low volume alone has never cracked anything. Spreadcoin has a lot of things coming its way, a lot of anticipation building up!
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

Jump to: