Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 261. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
i mine with ccminer for nvidia with 2 970 gtx cards localy on pc where wallet is installed i only see hashes in ccminer but i dont see any hash in wallet  
from gpus.

edit, s...t i didnt know that thanks man ill try spreadminer, do you know how many coins per day can generate 7,4 mhash is it worth it to mine with only 2 gpus

i just instaled spreadminer again i have 3.7 mhash per gpu but hashing is not showing in wallet under mining it only shows when mining with cpu
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Spreadcoin is not spreading at all, i mined it for a week with 2 970gtx and didnt get any of it. i have 7.4 mhash in ccminer but hashrate isnt showing in wallet is that ok  Undecided
ccminer? or sgminer?

This is either super bad luck or a problem with your setup. Is you wallet running on your mining rig?
Activity: 168
Spreadcoin is not spreading at all, i mined it for a week with 2 970gtx and didnt get any of it. i have 7.4 mhash in ccminer but hashrate isnt showing in wallet is that ok  Undecided
Activity: 189
Question ...
There is a possibility of stolen funds block in crypto currency universe? If so, this implementation would be very difficult or not?  Huh
I think you are talking about a 51% attack. The answer is yes, it would be difficult as you would need more than 50% of the hashrate.

But there would be another way to discourage the theft of coins or at least weaken them?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Question ...
There is a possibility of stolen funds block in crypto currency universe? If so, this implementation would be very difficult or not?  Huh
I think you are talking about a 51% attack. The answer is yes, it would be difficult as you would need more than 50% of the hashrate.
Activity: 189
Question ...
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Got 2.3MH/s on 280X, and 2.7 on 290X. I think it's likely the speed can double, but it'll take a lot of annoying work.

Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadwolf-01172015.png
I was thinking "How could this be not safe for work?" while the page was loading.

So you're a furry?

Yep - kind of surprised you haven't seen one of my screenshots already, if you're a GPU miner.
I used to mine when it was profitable but I don't anymore as my power bill is 30c/kw or whatever it is in Australia. Plus, my GPU makes a ticking sound. It's sort of cool listening to the ticks as I turn up the intensity. It goes in a pattern. I wonder what it'll be like with your code improvements.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Got 2.3MH/s on 280X, and 2.7 on 290X. I think it's likely the speed can double, but it'll take a lot of annoying work.

I was thinking "How could this be not safe for work?" while the page was loading.

So you're a furry?

Yep - kind of surprised you haven't seen one of my screenshots already, if you're a GPU miner.

I remember seeing one of your screenshots half a year ago in the darkcoin thread, haha.
So I knew what to expect.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

So you're a furry?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Will I be able to create my own masternode in my own (dynamic ip) house using no-ip.org? Is there a way to specify the no-ip.org ip as my masternode's ip?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Yup.. this has turned into nothing more than DRK crypto-fiat spinoff, minus the insane ninja launch, instamine and reward reductions.

It's not really a spinoff, spreadcoin will recreate masternodes from the ground up, striving for more decentralization and competition.

Lets recreate the nodes instead. Wink

Just as DRK's game changers, these "improvements" are mainly there to benefit the insiders and /or the whales.

Will a truely decentralized crypto plzzzzzzzzzz step forward !

But to have a strong network of MN's we need "whales" to contribute large amount of SPR to MN's.

Whats wrong with one person having 10% of 1000 MN's? This makes it harder for someone to gain majority over the network, keeps the coins off the market and provides a service to everyone.

If you want the capability's of MN's, then we need an incentive for holders to host MN's.

Will this benefit SPR holders? YES! I hope it does, for the sake of the MN network.
legendary
Activity: 966
But what spreadcoin wallet is even installed like a true full node? Has anyone here installed a true FULL NODE on his pc, I doubt it.

All running and synced Spread wallets are full nodes. Just means they each have a complete and up to date blockchain.

Every wallet syncs with the rest of the network or it would be useless.

But my question is, how does my wallet help other wallets sync. My understanding has always been that usually you need to do some tweaking in the conf file and your router before your wallet can truly act like a full node with many in/out connections.

Hasn't bitcoin only got something like 10k full nodes worldwide? Maybe I am mixing up things a little bit here.

I experienced the same thing with BitMessage by the way. If I just install it the way it comes, it will not run perfectly, but stay in a kind of semi connected way, allowing for the download of the blockchain and transmitting of my messages, but not really helping at all when it comes to spreading the blockchain to other nodes. Right? It needs router and conf adjustments to be able to do that.

I assume it's the same thing with all blockchain/wallet related software. But it depends what firewall/router configuration you have.

And that's where Masternodes come in which serve as full fledged high powered servers, and not just wallets.

Unsynced wallets pull the blockchain from synced wallets. Masternodes can speed the process up because they can push out more bandwidth, your VPS instance is generally riding a fatter pipe (particularly upload speed) than a domestic connection. Masternodes don't have any more ports open, they should only have 2, ssh and whatever the default wallet port is, unless the server is being used for something else as well.

server=1 in the conf just tells the wallet whether or not to accept RPC commands.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
But what spreadcoin wallet is even installed like a true full node? Has anyone here installed a true FULL NODE on his pc, I doubt it.

All running and synced Spread wallets are full nodes. Just means they each have a complete and up to date blockchain.

Every wallet syncs with the rest of the network or it would be useless.

But my question is, how does my wallet help other wallets sync. My understanding has always been that usually you need to do some tweaking in the conf file and your router before your wallet can truly act like a full node with many in/out connections.

Hasn't bitcoin only got something like 10k full nodes worldwide? Maybe I am mixing up things a little bit here.

I experienced the same thing with BitMessage by the way. If I just install it the way it comes, it will not run perfectly, but stay in a kind of semi connected way, allowing for the download of the blockchain and transmitting of my messages, but not really helping at all when it comes to spreading the blockchain to other nodes. Right? It needs router and conf adjustments to be able to do that.

I assume it's the same thing with all blockchain/wallet related software. But it depends what firewall/router configuration you have.

And that's where Masternodes come in which serve as full fledged high powered servers, and not just wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

+1

+1000 when the node is mining. Smiley
legendary
spreadcoin.info

but for example my spread wallet doesn't have the ports open, and no server mode activated.
So it is not a full node, right?
Or does spreadcoin do that by default?
Every crytpo coin's port is open by default.Otherwise you won't see so  many active connections to SPR network.

Sorry, yes I didn't mean to say port open, I meant server mode.
How many max connections, and does it broadcast the blockchain or ONLY downloading it from others.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

but for example my spread wallet doesn't have the ports open, and no server mode activated.
Every crytpo coin's port is open by default.Otherwise you won't see so  many active connections to SPR network.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

but for example my spread wallet doesn't have the server mode activated. I have always like max 8 connections to the outside world. Most are outgoing, NOT incoming.

If I install a spreadcoin daemon on my server it has 100 connections (mostly outgoing connections, since I am serving).... so I see THAT as a full node... right?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

SPR network is 2 of the most healthy and robust networks(the other one is BTC network) I've ever seen.
just look at how many active connections to SPR network whenever you open your wallet,esp for a coin without any pool node  (which is  a static IP).
legendary
Activity: 966

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Yup.. this has turned into nothing more than DRK crypto-fiat spinoff, minus the insane ninja launch, instamine and reward reductions.

It's not really a spinoff, spreadcoin will recreate masternodes from the ground up, striving for more decentralization and competition.

Lets recreate the nodes instead. Wink

Just as DRK's game changers, these "improvements" are mainly there to benefit the insiders and /or the whales.

Will a truely decentralized crypto plzzzzzzzzzz step forward !

I am all for that too BTW.

If we could get rid of masternodes and instead improve the wallet itself. Fantastic.

But a server has constant open connections (in/out) with the network and can serve a lot of functions, which a wallet can't do.
What spreadcoin wallet is even installed like a true full node? Has anyone here installed a true FULL NODE on his pc, I doubt it.
Jump to: