Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 263. (Read 810083 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
Cannot find my transaction yet, 30 minutes have passed:

8d626fd32b56cf613d81a1a97c4165532cdd1414bdb6b0754d2c76079c5600cc

Any ideas? What's the max. value that can be transfered to my wallet?

EDIT: It's OK now

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
for those who dumped for cheap, i remember the  pizza thread.
yeah.I still remember someone bought 40K+ SPR @7500 satoshi weeks ago.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
for those who dumped for cheap, i remember the  pizza thread.
Woaah... not related with spreadcoin, but look what peercoin did:

https://i.imgur.com/Xp2MZAm.png?1

They "green washed" their logo. Going environment friendly,... lol

Reminds me of when BP changed their logo to greenwash their image:

https://i.imgur.com/GvPNUAP.png?1
In IT industry,sky blue is the most popular color ,I think.
about how long will MN take from testing version to officially running version ?
thanks~
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Woaah... not related with spreadcoin, but look what peercoin did:

They "green washed" their logo. Going environment friendly,... lol

Reminds me of when BP changed their logo to greenwash their image:

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
price jumping like a rocket. only around 18 btc reach 75k mark. for those having deep pockets give a push.

may be soon

Sorry for the little pump, just got disapointed with my btcs in bittrex Sad
Activity: 182
price jumping like a rocket. only around 18 btc reach 75k mark. for those having deep pockets give a push.

may be soon
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I see, lol.

He did make some very valid points earlier in this thread. (I remember from reading the whole thread.... wait I will try and find it)
Activity: 380
Merit: 250
I'll take that as a sign of success when HippieTech takes time out of his busy day to come bash us Smiley

He used to mine SPR in December, but I guess it got too difficult for his 7870, so now the FUD begins... Did someone miss the boat on this one?
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Never mind the price.. the MN in itself is a third party interventionist's dream.

As if the privkey and gpu mining wasn't enough, this MN bull's shit makes me want to say, "FUCK IT I QUIT" SPR.

Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAkolFEm5k

edit

Decentralized ... MY ASS !

I hear you.

But aren't wallets just nodes themselves?

It's not like masternodes are here to secure the blockchain, they aren't.

They are here to provide new features like instant transactions or god knows what else we come up with in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
My interpretation of what Mr. Spread said was that there would be a minimum price they started at.  Now, maybe that will be 1 SPR, maybe 100 SPR, I don't know.  But that's how I interpreted it.  Could be wrong though.

You could be right.

Mr. Spread exact words last time he mentioned this were:

I'm working on decentralized (no reference nodes) masternodes and instant transactions. I hope that by the end of this month or sooner we will have public testnet with working masternodes and instant transactions, all code will be open sourced by that moment. DarkSend is much more complicated subject, don't expect it soon.

Amount for running masternode hasn't been set yet. It depends on how many masternodes we want which is not yet clear. The more is better for decentralization, on the other hand we need not to bloat the network with masternode related messages. Instead of setting the required amount it may be better to set the maximum number of masternodes and minimum required amount. Once the number of masternodes will reach the maximum only masternodes with maximum deposits will remain and others will be automatically delisted.

If I interpret it correctly, then we don't need to set any minimum required amount at all. All installed masternodes will figure the price out by themselves, by competing with each other.

You may be right though that the minimum SPR could be set to something atleast a little bit above the ground, say 10-100 SPR, which would make sense...
But do we really want that?

What if SPR goes to 100$ each.. doesn't this make a MN cost 10000$ just to run it (when the requirement is 100 SPR)... isn't this again going against decentralization?

That's why I advocate for not setting a minimum price, because this will create a very healthy competition. In fact that's what will attract a lot of newcomers all the time.

Hey, we can set the minimum to something like 10 SPR, but not more. I am quite sure from a free market perspective that it is very bad for competition to set artificial hurdles like that.
So best thing would be to set no hurdles at all!

Never mind the price.. the MN in itself is a third party interventionist's dream.

As if the privkey and gpu mining wasn't enough, this MN bull's shit makes me want to say, "FUCK IT I QUIT" SPR.

Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAkolFEm5k

edit

Decentralized ... MY ASS !
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Is it pool-proof, multipool-proof?

Yes it is, why not give it a try?
The funny thing about multipools is that you'd make more spreadcoins just directly mining it yourself.

Totally, this happened to me when I mined a few new SHA-256 coins in summer 2014. Made more money by finding blocks myself, instead of using my prefered multipool at that time.
Works only best with new coins though, with still rather low hashrate.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014

The funny thing about multipools is that you'd make more spreadcoins just directly mining it yourself.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Activity: 222
legendary
spreadcoin.info
if we wanna attract a lot of new people and immediately create a big network of masternodes, why not get rid of any requirement.

I am even thinking about none at all, ZERO, NADA.

Not 1 SPR as I said before.... better yet, why not 0 SPR.

Grin

(I am serious)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
Somehow my unofficial spreadcointalk website has had more people online at once than the official one. lol Smiley

what, you still run it? lol
Nah, I just went to it to see if it was still there.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Somehow my unofficial spreadcointalk website has had more people online at once than the official one. lol Smiley

what, you still run it? lol
legendary
spreadcoin.info
My interpretation of what Mr. Spread said was that there would be a minimum price they started at.  Now, maybe that will be 1 SPR, maybe 100 SPR, I don't know.  But that's how I interpreted it.  Could be wrong though.

You could be right.

Mr. Spread exact words last time he mentioned this were:

I'm working on decentralized (no reference nodes) masternodes and instant transactions. I hope that by the end of this month or sooner we will have public testnet with working masternodes and instant transactions, all code will be open sourced by that moment. DarkSend is much more complicated subject, don't expect it soon.

Amount for running masternode hasn't been set yet. It depends on how many masternodes we want which is not yet clear. The more is better for decentralization, on the other hand we need not to bloat the network with masternode related messages. Instead of setting the required amount it may be better to set the maximum number of masternodes and minimum required amount. Once the number of masternodes will reach the maximum only masternodes with maximum deposits will remain and others will be automatically delisted.

If I interpret it correctly, then we don't need to set any minimum required amount at all. All installed masternodes will figure the price out by themselves, by competing with each other.

You may be right though that the minimum SPR could be set to something atleast a little bit above the ground, say 10-100 SPR, which would make sense...
But do we really want that?

What if SPR goes to 100$ each.. doesn't this make a MN cost 10000$ just to run it (when the requirement is 100 SPR)... isn't this again going against decentralization?

That's why I advocate for not setting a minimum price, because this will create a very healthy competition. In fact that's what will attract a lot of newcomers all the time.

Hey, we can set the minimum to something like 10 SPR, but not more. I am quite sure from a free market perspective that it is very bad for competition to set artificial hurdles like that.
So best thing would be to set no hurdles at all!
Jump to: