Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 301. (Read 810083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
DarkCoin board initial response to Mr. Spread's idea:

I don't like the idea at all.... Causes more maintenance for. Masternode owners and potential for people to lose their masternode if they can't afford to buy more Spr.  So basically it's forcing ppl to buy more, causing the price to inflate... Ha another circle jerk.  I'll keep my DRK masternodes and not have to worry about buying more unless I want more nodes.

I've been following the Spreadcoin thread since they're looking to compete with Darkcoin and are using Darkcoin code.  While the dev seems very competent, I haven't been worried.  Until now.  Maybe.

It looks like they're going to have the number of coins required for a masternode be determined by market forces: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10076444

Is this a good or bad idea?  If it's a good idea, can we beat them to the punch please and add it to Darkcoin first?

If this is a bad idea, just ignore me Smiley

Exactly jiggytom, fellow darkcoiner, but only for the few DM (decentralized masternode) owners close to the edge, who are in constant danger of being shut down by a new guy who is willing to invest just 1 SPR more than they are, LMAO!

How much are you going to be willing to spend to get to the more cosy center of the spread of DM owners? So that you have atleast a few dozen or hundred DMs "below" you?

Again, the word "spread" fits perfectly.

With darkcoin you build an elitist club of MN (masternode) owners who just sit around lazily watching their masternodes earn DRK, which in turn they use to buy even more masternodes over time.
That's a very dangerous feedback loop, because it doesn't allow for competition. Once you own a masternode it's basically like you've built a money printing machine in fiat banking.
Well, not really ofcourse, it's still a deflationary cryptocurrency,  but I always hated it that Masternode owners are allowed to enter a state of non competition , where they become sort of untouchable ... or - I hate to say it - elitist.

Yes, yes, I understand that masternodes offer a service and should be payed for it. But this kinda reminds me of the police or other government employees, who also argue in the same way for a coercive taxation of the population they are supposed to "serve".

It's just unfair if masternodes are allowed to behave this way. It's so contrary to what everybody else has to endure, especially miners who see their investment vanish away on a daily basis...

This ends with spreadcoin.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Hello Mr bear whale!

Sell order

Code:
0.00055000 20169.00000000 11.0930	

OMG! COINS101 has just broke the fucking bath!

And that was 1.3% of total SPR supply. Sweet Jebus are we under-valued or what?!
This is crazy and only the beginning and I'm soooo glad I went all in on this coin Smiley 2015 belongs to the SPREADERS!!!
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Whoever thought that size was going to deter me, you have no idea who you're trading against.

When I find a developer I like, watch the fuck out.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I mined ~9000SPR so far and last 3 days I wanted to buy as much as I could while price was 30k but I got all my BTC stuck at god forsaken Bitstamp  Cry
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Hey, arnt you the guy i spoke with about mining SPR, and then you went on to mine the coin i told you about? HA!

Nice stash btw!

Tnx, I was allready mining it when we spoke Grin

Are you getting anywhere near the 0.09 Per day you expected? More?

with current price around 0.125 BTC/say

What's your average mh/s to get that if you don't mind me asking?

80MH/s
I have 47x750ti +130MHz OC
I get around 1730kh per card  
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hello Mr bear whale!

Sell order

Code:

And that was 1.3% of total SPR supply. Sweet Jebus are we under-valued or what?!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hello Mr bear whale!

Sell order

Code:

boom, down it went

**MyFarm, thanks for the heads up!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Hello Mr bear whale!

Sell

Code:
Sell 0.00055000 20169.00000000 11.0930	

01/08/2015 05:06:25 AM   
BUY
Code:
BUY 0.00055000	20000.00000000	11.00000000

I really feel bad for the people selling, but hey strong hands and all that!
I mined ~9000SPR so far and last 3 days I wanted to buy as much as I could while price was 30k but I got all my BTC stuck at god forsaken Bitstamp  Cry
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Hey, arnt you the guy i spoke with about mining SPR, and then you went on to mine the coin i told you about? HA!

Nice stash btw!

What's your average mh/s to get that if you don't mind me asking?
If we haven't hit a new all-time high within 30 minutes of this post, I'm taking us there.  I'm giving you guys the opportunity to buy the SPR first.

Seven minutes...

Don't anyone say I didn't try to be nice to you guys.

ha! That was pretty awesome.
'Uncharted territory' and 'the sky's the limit' and 'we've only just begun' as they say.
legendary
I mined ~9000SPR so far and last 3 days I wanted to buy as much as I could while price was 30k but I got all my BTC stuck at god forsaken Bitstamp  Cry
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Nice stash btw!

Nice 1! Good to see a miner in profit!
I mined ~9000SPR so far and last 3 days I wanted to buy as much as I could while price was 30k but I got all my BTC stuck at god forsaken Bitstamp  Cry
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Nice stash btw!

legendary
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Nice stash btw!

Edit: HELLO COINS101!
If we haven't hit a new all-time high within 30 minutes of this post, I'm taking us there.  I'm giving you guys the opportunity to buy the SPR first.

Seven minutes...

Don't anyone say I didn't try to be nice to you guys.
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Nice stash btw!

DarkCoin board initial response to Mr. Spread's idea:

I don't like the idea at all.... Causes more maintenance for. Masternode owners and potential for people to lose their masternode if they can't afford to buy more Spr.  So basically it's forcing ppl to buy more, causing the price to inflate... Ha another circle jerk.  I'll keep my DRK masternodes and not have to worry about buying more unless I want more nodes.

I've been following the Spreadcoin thread since they're looking to compete with Darkcoin and are using Darkcoin code.  While the dev seems very competent, I haven't been worried.  Until now.  Maybe.

It looks like they're going to have the number of coins required for a masternode be determined by market forces: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10076444

Is this a good or bad idea?  If it's a good idea, can we beat them to the punch please and add it to Darkcoin first?

If this is a bad idea, just ignore me Smiley
holy cow.... that wall was eaten immediately  Shocked

Code:
01/07/2015 09:49:22 PM	BUY    0.00049665	14933.98277698	7.41696254

Someone thinking they could scare me off I think.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
holy cow.... that wall was eaten immediately  Shocked

Code:
01/07/2015 09:49:22 PM	BUY    0.00049665	14933.98277698	7.41696254
legendary
Damn you Bitstamp!!!

Nice stash btw!

Seven minutes...
Damn you Bitstamp!!!
Jump to: