Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 304. (Read 810083 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Amount for running masternode hasn't been set yet. It depends on how many masternodes we want which is not yet clear. The more is better for decentralization, on the other hand we need not to bloat the network with masternode related messages. Instead of setting the required amount it may be better to set the maximum number of masternodes and minimum required amount. Once the number of masternodes will reach the maximum only masternodes with maximum deposits will remain and others will be automatically delisted.

So if I understand this idea you're saying "No required amount of SPR is needed, put whatever SPR you believe should be enough to run a masternode into your masternode". So there will be just a few masternodes with like 10,000+ SPR in them and then many many with like 2 or 3 SPR in them and then when we are at what appears to be a maximum amount of masternodes you then 'draw the line' for required SPR based on however many masternodes are technically needed, and then everyone who has more than that amount in their masternode will need to remove their SPR to go down to that requirement and everyone who is short of that amount will need to increase their SPR to meet it?

Sort of like a market-created masternode requirement based on what is technically needed and what the market players are willing to pay.
If I'm anywhere near what you mean, I like it. It's not just an arbitrary, random amount (like 1,000 DRK).
JL
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I'm working on decentralized (no reference nodes) masternodes and instant transactions. I hope that by the end of this month or sooner we will have public testnet with working masternodes and instant transactions, all code will be open sourced by that moment. DarkSend is much more complicated subject, don't expect it soon.

Amount for running masternode hasn't been set yet. It depends on how many masternodes we want which is not yet clear. The more is better for decentralization, on the other hand we need not to bloat the network with masternode related messages. Instead of setting the required amount it may be better to set the maximum number of masternodes and minimum required amount. Once the number of masternodes will reach the maximum only masternodes with maximum deposits will remain and others will be automatically delisted.

I'll go ALL IN when spreadcoin gets its encrypted in-wallet messaging system. I WANT IT SO MUCH!
Smiley
I was thinking about it. The problem is that given only address you can not encrypt message such that only owner of the address will be able to decrypt it, address is only suitable for checking signatures. Thus address owner should broadcast some additional information to be able to receive messages, I believe Bitmessage is working this way so it is possible. Well, as you know, I'm working on other things right now Smiley

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted atleast once or twice a week.

Decentralized Masternodes, I like the sound of that. I also like the abbreviation DM, in contrast to MN... good way to differentiate these two.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the encrypted in-wallet messaging system, it makes sense.

Decentralization is truly the main principle of this coin!
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I read the entire thread - count me in as another darkcoiner joining the SPR train! Mr. Spread knows what he's doing - that kind of knowledge can't be faked.

The promise of masternodes makes it an easy choice for me - my only question is how many SPR for a masternode? I was lucky enough to buy 2K+ when the price dipped to ~.0002  Grin
wise decision~  Grin
the min qty for masternode hasn't be decide yet,I guess it's around 1000.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Meh tried to mine this but it insta crashes my rig with 290s on 14.9 drivers. EDIT: Did a complete wipeout and all looks good. What would be the expected hash rates for a 290 anyone?

I'll still buy some though.
Activity: 210
When you type getinfo in the console is the money supply correct?
There is no decimal dot, will be fixed in next version.
Activity: 210
I'm working on decentralized (no reference nodes) masternodes and instant transactions. I hope that by the end of this month or sooner we will have public testnet with working masternodes and instant transactions, all code will be open sourced by that moment. DarkSend is much more complicated subject, don't expect it soon.

I'll go ALL IN when spreadcoin gets its encrypted in-wallet messaging system. I WANT IT SO MUCH!
Smiley
I was thinking about it. The problem is that given only address you can not encrypt message such that only owner of the address will be able to decrypt it, address is only suitable for checking signatures. Thus address owner should broadcast some additional information to be able to receive messages, I believe Bitmessage is working this way so it is possible. Well, as you know, I'm working on other things right now Smiley
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
Meow
I read the entire thread - count me in as another darkcoiner joining the SPR train! Mr. Spread knows what he's doing - that kind of knowledge can't be faked.

The promise of masternodes makes it an easy choice for me - my only question is how many SPR for a masternode? I was lucky enough to buy 2K+ when the price dipped to ~.0002  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

Yes it is. It might confuse people that it has no decimalpoint and is expressed in satoshis.
But it is correct.

That explains it, my mistake

Thanks for getting me back in line!  Smiley
legendary
spreadcoin.info
other coins which show moneysupply don't even show decimal places, they just round to whole numbers, so I guess spreadcoin wants to show how important decimal places are, since spreadcoin has this continuous reduction in block size.
You can't have that and spit on the decimal places.  Wink
correct,but its unit of measurement is satoshi
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Yes it is. It might confuse people that it has no decimalpoint and is expressed in satoshis.
But it is correct.
legendary
Activity: 1049
very strange,price gows despite net hashrate declines  Huh
I think i'll start mining then.
mining is pretty profitable now,it's so rare in such a market full of shitcoins and scams.
maybe most of GPU mining farms are sleeping ~~  Wink
mining spr can earn back 2X+ power fee at the monment.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
very strange,price gows despite net hashrate declines  Huh

one or the other (hashrate or price) will always lag behind a little bit.
It doesn't work like a real time feedback loop or something... it's the free market where people react in whatever way they wish, whenever they want. Some sooner some later.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
I think i'll start mining then.
I'll have a nibble. Is the minimum amount of spread for a masternode 1000 SPR?
minimum amount  haven't been set yet.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
But how to point 2nd PC? It seems running 2nd wallet is required? Even if coins will go to same address :/

the how-to steps are all in the readme.txt file,plz read it.
It seems you either never read the readme, or misunderstand the question.

May I run gpu miner on PC1 pointing it to wallet of PC2? the problem is that:
By default, the wallet listens on 127.0.0.1
By default the gpu miner connects to 127.0.0.1

All readmes I found so far, explain how to mine on same PC which is running the wallet. Changing the address. No explanation how to connect gpu miner to other PC

Never mind I found the answer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9980210;topicseen#msg9980210

At work and on my phone but yes you can run multiple rigs to one wallet. For example I sometimes run all 4 of my rigs to wallet on Rig #1.  I did not post how to do it because the way I do it isn't considered the best and safest way but it works for me.

Right now I am mining with Rig #1 and Rig #2 both mining into Rig #1. So yes you can mine from a computer at work and have it mine into your wallet at home.

There are safer ways than the way I do it but I have never set it up any other way.

And by safer I mean not leaving your ports open to the outside world.  It's a risk that I run that I don't have to I just do it cut I am lazy to set it up the correct way.

That is why I did not go into full detail in the other post.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Someone can now buy around 32000 SPR with 14BTC and only take the price to 0.0005.

There's that liquidity the big boys where after.
Well where dem whales at? LOL Jk I do however like to see that this coin is gaining more attention as each day passes Smiley That's a very good thing for this coin because it doesn't have the marketing or promotions that other coins have going for it but it is still gaining the attention of investors which is a really good sign Smiley
whales are always lurking at larger exchanges ,like bter and cryptsy.  Wink
Activity: 219
I'll have a nibble. Is the minimum amount of spread for a masternode 1000 SPR?
Jump to: