Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 326. (Read 810081 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I've been pondering Spreadcoin and what it would take for it to become a top 5 coin.  Probably the most important factor is massive adoption.  Coming back to that in a second, we see a lot of people not wanting to point their CPU to Spreadcoin because the hash would be so low that it would take XX days to find a block.  I understand their lack of desire.  People like instant and constant gratification, not gratification every 37 days.  And yet, due to the nature of SPR, we need every little bit of hash possible to help avoid large farms taking over.  How can we solve this and see massive adoption?

Would it be possible for the following:

When masternodes are implemented, found blocks have the following distribution:

1.  xx% to miners who find the block
2.  xx% to masternode owners
3.  xx% to masternodes which are then automatically distributed evenly to all miners, irrespective of hash rate.  So that miner with 25kh on their old laptop sees some SPR trickle in on a regular basis so it's worth it to them to help secure the network.  And thus, more people take part in mining SPR and adoption/distribution becomes vastly wider.

All 3 of my old laptops gathering dust would be brought out of the closet if something like this were implemented.

Coins are "Spread" to a much wider audience and the hash rate would explode.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Was trying to compile the linux nvidia miner, for a 750ti (compute 3 or 3.5)
I'm getting:
nvcc fatal   : Unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_50'
make[2]: *** [cuda_util.o] Error 255
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f sph/.deps/spreadminer-echo.Tpo sph/.deps/spreadminer-echo.Po
mv -f sph/.deps/spreadminer-shavite.Tpo sph/.deps/spreadminer-shavite.Po
mv -f sph/.deps/spreadminer-simd.Tpo sph/.deps/spreadminer-simd.Po

Is there a way to not compile for 5.0 ?
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
trying once again today to get my mining rig going and ive gotten it to start sgminer it just turns gpus off. i searched this error and it say not enough ram or lower tc which ive already tried, i went down though the drivers to 14.9 and still getting the error. my rig is 2 xeon 5160's 8 gigs of ram 120gb ssd mt cards are one sapphire 290x and a sapphire hd7850 2gb oc windows 8.1 x64

heres a screenshot of the sgminer error, if anyone could be of help that would be awesome

https://i.imgur.com/C2cCbUT.png

also ive been minig dark on this same rig for over 6 months straight non stop so i know the cards inside and out so i know im not pushing them hard, i was even trying to start them with way lower settings then they should handle..ive went through the guide setup my .conf with my priv key etc
legendary
Activity: 1092
My 107 k/hash CPU is going to find a block for new years.

I just know it.
Well I wish you the best of luck with that my friend and a Happy New Years to you as well Smiley

I have a radeon 5970, what would i be looking at kh wise?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

I just know it.
Well I wish you the best of luck with that my friend and a Happy New Years to you as well Smiley
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1006
BCH Advocate.

I just know it.
Sooo...would it be possible to rent GPU hashing to mine it, or would it be impossible due to the fact it cant use pools? (again, pardon my extreme noob questions)

It is possible if you set up your wallet on a machine with an external IP so that the rented rigs will be able to connect to it.

That brings up a great idea. Maybe airball could rent part of his rigs? He seems to be a legit guy.

Well let pm me if you stumble across something....
Ya airball can rent part of his rigs and then the Spread community can dump graciously into my buy orders Smiley

If I had lots of rigs I would be mining SPR instead of renting them out Cheesy
I concur with you on that one if I had a bunch of rigs I would be mining all the SpreadCoin for myself Wink
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Sooo...would it be possible to rent GPU hashing to mine it, or would it be impossible due to the fact it cant use pools? (again, pardon my extreme noob questions)

It is possible if you set up your wallet on a machine with an external IP so that the rented rigs will be able to connect to it.

That brings up a great idea. Maybe airball could rent part of his rigs? He seems to be a legit guy.

Ya airball can rent part of his rigs and then the Spread community can dump graciously into my buy orders Smiley

If I had lots of rigs I would be mining SPR instead of renting them out Cheesy

Activity: 90

legendary
BCH Advocate.

Activity: 690

legendary
Activity: 1092
Can a noob get a little help here? I've only mined with asics to a pool, and of course cloud mining and know very little on the tech side about mining. I installed my wallet, and clicked start mining....is that all i have to do? It looks like I'm mining as it says that I'm at 76.86kh/s hashrate, but it also says 21days average to find a block with 2.10GH/s total in pool. Did I need to change anything to point to my spreadcoin address or is it just all set?

76k/hash of 2.1 G/hash is right that the average time/block with that hashing power would be 21 days. With GPU mining now CPU mining for profit out of the question, but still easy enough to do to support the coin and who knows, maybe you'll find a block or two.

You can, you just need to seek out a farm owner who is willing to do it.

Theres a veriation on x11, so the owner would have to set his miners to that veriation, and you trust him with the mined coins, as he knows the privkey.
Can a noob get a little help here? I've only mined with asics to a pool, and of course cloud mining and know very little on the tech side about mining. I installed my wallet, and clicked start mining....is that all i have to do? It looks like I'm mining as it says that I'm at 76.86kh/s hashrate, but it also says 21days average to find a block with 2.10GH/s total in pool. Did I need to change anything to point to my spreadcoin address or is it just all set?

76k/hash of 2.1 G/hash is right that the average time/block with that hashing power would be 21 days. With GPU mining now CPU mining for profit out of the question, but still easy enough to do to support the coin and who knows, maybe you'll find a block or two.

legendary
BCH Advocate.

legendary
BCH Advocate.
Received my 6.6 from MyFarm.

Good looking out man.  Cool

Don't quote me on this my friend but I believe that it's all set up already like that Smiley That is the purpose and point behind SpreadCoin I believe but I'm still pretty Noobish so like I said don't quote me on that Wink Cheers

I thought that was all I needed, it just seems that 21 days for a 6 coin block seemed like excessive power consumption....

I am mining with 7,600 kh/s on one machine and it can take me hours to find a block. Sometimes up to 8 hours. So with 76 kh/s it probably can take you days to find one.

Looks like that 76 kh/s might be the cpu only mining. What kind of card are you using and what wallet version are you running?

I know that Mr. Spread created the new wallet so it was a one click to get going. Or something like that.

I got the newest wallet. And yes, I am CPU mining.... Unfortunately I have no idea how to do GPU mining nor if I have the equipment to make it worth while.... lol
Just buy them bro Smiley If you don't know how to GPU mine then you don't have the proper equipment to get enough hashes anyways to make mining it worth your while sorry Sad But honestly go all in right now SpreadCoin and watch within 6 months tops you will easily 10X your investment Wink

Yeah, prolly gonna have to do that...was just hoping to for once get in on mining a coin while it was profitable....lol
Don't quote me on this my friend but I believe that it's all set up already like that Smiley That is the purpose and point behind SpreadCoin I believe but I'm still pretty Noobish so like I said don't quote me on that Wink Cheers

I thought that was all I needed, it just seems that 21 days for a 6 coin block seemed like excessive power consumption....

I am mining with 7,600 kh/s on one machine and it can take me hours to find a block. Sometimes up to 8 hours. So with 76 kh/s it probably can take you days to find one.

Looks like that 76 kh/s might be the cpu only mining. What kind of card are you using and what wallet version are you running?

I know that Mr. Spread created the new wallet so it was a one click to get going. Or something like that.

I got the newest wallet. And yes, I am CPU mining.... Unfortunately I have no idea how to do GPU mining nor if I have the equipment to make it worth while.... lol
Just buy them bro Smiley If you don't know how to GPU mine then you don't have the proper equipment to get enough hashes anyways to make mining it worth your while sorry Sad But honestly go all in right now SpreadCoin and watch within 6 months tops you will easily 10X your investment Wink

legendary
Activity: 1400

Jump to: