Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 347. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

All of this is going to feed upon itself.  

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise.  

Once he does, this is going to be epic.

Good point!masternodes will serve as POS to some extent.

That's one way to look at them, yes.  Mining coins is already really hard yet people understand Mr. Spread is an excellent dev so they mine anyway.  Once masternodes go live, mining will be that much harder so people will want to get 1000 SPR to get a masternode.  Thing there is, as people buy 1000 SPR over and over, the price is going to go up which will attract more miners and people who want masternodes.  Rinse and repeat.

It could be substantially more than 1000 SPR. The number of 1000 DRK was decided so that masternodes would be expensive and that someone would not buy / control a lot of them cheaply... the price was decided when DRK was around 0.0015 BTC (and it was understood that the price would rise over time - now it's 4x at 0.006)....

SPR is currently at a weak* 0.00025 which would require 24.000 SPRs to run an equivalently expensive node as Darkcoin's. But given the low liquidity this is unlikely, so the price per SPR has to rise instead. Or a mix of price-rise and something like 3000-5000-7000 coins per node could be the result.

* Meaning that even 10 bitcoins of purchases will easily multiply this price. Buying 24.000 SPR at 0.00025 is unlikely.

All good points.  I believe there are less mined SPR available now than DRK when masternodes were released though.  That needs to be taken into account as well when deciding the final number required.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise.  

That's one way to look at them, yes.  Mining coins is already really hard yet people understand Mr. Spread is an excellent dev so they mine anyway.  Once masternodes go live, mining will be that much harder so people will want to get 1000 SPR to get a masternode.  Thing there is, as people buy 1000 SPR over and over, the price is going to go up which will attract more miners and people who want masternodes.  Rinse and repeat.

It could be substantially more than 1000 SPR. The number of 1000 DRK was decided so that masternodes would be expensive and that someone would not buy / control a lot of them cheaply... the price was decided when DRK was around 0.0015 BTC (and it was understood that the price would rise over time - now it's 4x at 0.006)....

SPR is currently at a weak* 0.00025 which would require 24.000 SPRs to run an equivalently expensive node as Darkcoin's. But given the low liquidity this is unlikely, so the price per SPR has to rise instead. Or a mix of price-rise and something like 3000-5000-7000 coins per node could be the result.

* Meaning that even 10 bitcoins of purchases will easily multiply this price. Buying 24.000 SPR at 0.00025 is unlikely.
I agree that the price of Spread has to rise so the masternodes can be less coins for people to own them Smiley  I also agree that buyig 24000 SpreadCoin at 0.00025 is very highly unlikely!! I can't see that happening at all Smiley This coin is going to be huge in 2015 and it will eventually be in the top 10 marketcap for sure without a doubt Smiley Cheers
Great work Mr. Spread!
2 tiny points for the website: Font 'SpreadCoin' on the website is still the Myriad, Bittrex is spelled with one t.
Pm me if you want me involved in the graphic apects of the Spreadcoin project.
Thanks
Good catch about Bittrex. I knew about the font and will change it.

So many messages in this thread, it is becoming hard to keep up Smiley
It's a good thing,when this thread reaches 1000 pages,it is the time for SPR to reach 1 million sato  Grin
I just love how strong the community is growing and how hard it is to get any SPR buys filled without market buying the coins because the people holdig the SPR realize their worth and trust Mr. Spread will pull through like he already has with his promises he has made Smiley This coin is the coin of 2015 in my opinion Wink Cheers

Your exalting of Mr. Spread has been noble but at this point it's mostly speculative.  Why would anyone go in on a coin based off of page count and vaporized promises?  It's taken a lot of time, money and man power for drk to get where it is at and still has many flaws and frustrated investors.  Every coin I've seen has just been one pump and dump after the other claiming to be at the top with btc.  98% are complete shit, scam coins and hopefully this is not one of them.  This is all we can hope for and maybe to dump before your knee high in monopoly crypto money. 
I believe that SpreadCoin is exactly what Crypto has been waiting for and needs now more than ever Smiley I believe that Mr. Spread has been completely open with his ideas and intentions of his coin and the progress and path that he is planning on heading in for the coin and project and I in turn believe that is the reason why this community is growing stronger day by day and this coin will rise and rise and rise.  Like other people are quoting about how it is nearly impossible to have any bids filled on any exchange that is trading SpreadCoin and besides the mining the only real way to get SpreadCoin is to straight market buy them Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)
Great work Mr. Spread!
2 tiny points for the website: Font 'SpreadCoin' on the website is still the Myriad, Bittrex is spelled with one t.
Thanks

It's a good thing,when this thread reaches 1000 pages,it is the time for SPR to reach 1 million sato  Grin
I just love how strong the community is growing and how hard it is to get any SPR buys filled without market buying the coins because the people holdig the SPR realize their worth and trust Mr. Spread will pull through like he already has with his promises he has made Smiley This coin is the coin of 2015 in my opinion Wink Cheers

Your exalting of Mr. Spread has been noble but at this point it's mostly speculative.  Why would anyone go in on a coin based off of page count and vaporized promises?  It's taken a lot of time, money and man power for drk to get where it is at and still has many flaws and frustrated investors.  Every coin I've seen has just been one pump and dump after the other claiming to be at the top with btc.  98% are complete shit, scam coins and hopefully this is not one of them.  This is all we can hope for and maybe to dump before your knee high in monopoly crypto money. 
Great work Mr. Spread!
Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Hey Mr. spread, it would be cool if on the mining page it said the current coin reward.
Activity: 64
somebody is just fudding here to buy cheap spr,I think.  Angry
I never fall love with a coin,some coin is really shit,some one is great.
If you want to prove sth,plz prove it with data.
Activity: 64
I had successfully read the entire thread and i couldn't find any fallacies or deception anywhere in here.
Initially for a certain period of time, the Spreadcoin hadn't been added to any exchanges and the miners were left in a critical position, struggling to get paid for their time and power spent.
The dev had been working and delivering whatever he'd promised.
Initially this was launched as a CPU only mineable coin with some tweaks on X11 and after few days there was a sudden increase in the hashrate which was later found that someone was mining with GPU.
There was a panic all of a sudden and some major sell offs happened.
What's really surprising here is, since its only solo mineable the amount got dumped is only very few hundreds & thousands. The coin is very much fairly distributed and so only the real believers are holding a pretty decent amount. The rich list justifies this.
Things got settled when the dev brought the GPU miner.
The average traded price over the month of november is somewhere round 5000 sats.
Once it was added in Ccex, many came to understand the real potential in this and at once when the dev promised to add darksend, some large trades happened averaging around 13000 sats.

As COINS101 was stating that some small group might be controlling the supply, its defenitely not so.
Early adopters are very smart in here. DAMN . . .
Why would someone sell such a gem among the scammy crowd of alts?
Selling now would become a notable mistake in their crypto life.

Nobody controlling this coin,just look at the trading volumn at betashare in the past months.The liquility is far more better than most of the coins,of course including DRK.plz speak with the data,okay?Huh?
Activity: 540
I had successfully read the entire thread and i couldn't find any fallacies or deception anywhere in here.
Initially for a certain period of time, the Spreadcoin hadn't been added to any exchanges and the miners were left in a critical position, struggling to get paid for their time and power spent.
The dev had been working and delivering whatever he'd promised.
Initially this was launched as a CPU only mineable coin with some tweaks on X11 and after few days there was a sudden increase in the hashrate which was later found that someone was mining with GPU.
There was a panic all of a sudden and some major sell offs happened.
What's really surprising here is, since its only solo mineable the amount got dumped is only very few hundreds & thousands. The coin is very much fairly distributed and so only the real believers are holding a pretty decent amount. The rich list justifies this.
Things got settled when the dev brought the GPU miner.
The average traded price over the month of november is somewhere round 5000 sats.
Once it was added in Ccex, many came to understand the real potential in this and at once when the dev promised to add darksend, some large trades happened averaging around 13000 sats.

As COINS101 was stating that some small group might be controlling the supply, its defenitely not so.
Early adopters are very smart in here. DAMN . . .
Why would someone sell such a gem among the scammy crowd of alts?
Selling now would become a notable mistake in their crypto life.

legendary
Activity: 1092
It seems nobody is willing to sell @25K sato at cex Grin

that is a sign that the coins are controlled by a small group. that spells trouble for new investors and community members.

think I'm staying away.

Sorry to hear that, I think Spread could benefit from you and you could benefit from Spread.
But it's up to you, I think it's still early in the game to get in. Hope you change your mind.

I'm always open to offers. I'm not looking for free coins, and I am prepared to pay a reasonable market value for them.

What are you be prepared to pay?
legendary
Activity: 1456

that is a sign that the coins are controlled by a small group. that spells trouble for new investors and community members.

think I'm staying away.

Sorry to hear that, I think Spread could benefit from you and you could benefit from Spread.
But it's up to you, I think it's still early in the game to get in. Hope you change your mind.

I'm always open to offers. I'm not looking for free coins, and I am prepared to pay a reasonable market value for them.
Mr. Spread, you mentioned that masternodes and InstantX are the direction you're heading first and aren't looking at Darksend quite so much at present.  I support that.

Spreadcoin is more decentralized than any other coins.  One area of centralization with all coins is payments to merchants.  If you want to pay through merchants in an automated manner, you go through bitpay, coinpayments.net, etc and there is of course a fee there as well.  Centralization and a fee.  Not good.

Is there any reason that masternodes, in conjunction with InstantX, couldn't process payments?  You could still even have a very small fee, maybe .25% that gets paid to masternodes which would be an even bigger reason to run them.

think I'm staying away.
No, it's a sign that nobody wants to sell their coins because:

1.  They know masternodes are coming and are saving up for that.
2.  Mining is hard and the only people mining are the ones that understand the value of this coin, not multipools.

You're used to multipools constantly dumping on other coins.  That doesn't happen here which completely changes the dynamics.
Activity: 90

think I'm staying away.

I do not understand, why just the reason people are not willing to sell at your price could be the sign that the coins are controlled by a small group.
Raise your price Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092

think I'm staying away.

legendary
Activity: 966

think I'm staying away.
Why is it trouble?
Tis better we get the CHAINZ block explorer, to analyse the distribution.
The present one's really a headache.

I asked fairglu who runs chainz and his price is $150 in BTC per year.

In the meantime: http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=SPR&top_addresses=100

edit: this looks promising, I might have a go at building it later - https://github.com/iquidus/explorer  example: http://heavychain.info/richlist
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

think I'm staying away.

Probably best you do.  I for one am holding my coins for the master nodes.  I am not sure why anyone would sell that many coins for so little.
Activity: 540

think I'm staying away.
Why is it trouble?
Tis better we get the CHAINZ block explorer, to analyse the distribution.
The present one's really a headache.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

think I'm staying away.
Why is it trouble?
Jump to: