Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 348. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
It seems nobody is willing to sell @25K sato at cex Grin

that is a sign that the coins are controlled by a small group. that spells trouble for new investors and community members.

think I'm staying away.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Great work Mr. Spread!
2 tiny points for the website: Font 'SpreadCoin' on the website is still the Myriad, Bittrex is spelled with one t.
Pm me if you want me involved in the graphic apects of the Spreadcoin project.
Thanks
Good catch about Bittrex. I knew about the font and will change it.

So many messages in this thread, it is becoming hard to keep up Smiley
It's a good thing,when this thread reaches 1000 pages,it is the time for SPR to reach 1 million sato  Grin
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
It seems nobody is willing to sell @25K sato at cex Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Great work Mr. Spread!
2 tiny points for the website: Font 'SpreadCoin' on the website is still the Myriad, Bittrex is spelled with one t.
Thanks
Good catch about Bittrex. I knew about the font and will change it.

So many messages in this thread, it is becoming hard to keep up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
New version 0.9.15.2
  • Synchronization is now faster (only up to the lastest checkpoint for now)
  • No need to create and edit spreadcoin.conf to mine with GPU
  • Button "backup your wallet" was added to the overview form (as was suggested by thelonecrouton).
  • Monteserrat font is now used for splash screen and for logo in about dialog (as was suggested by LitcoinCollector)

Other changes are less user visible:
  • 40 seed nodes instead of just 1
  • Total money supply is now returned by getinfo (someone requested this)
  • New checkpoint

Download from spreadcoin.net

Mining without spreadcoin.conf
Now you don't need to create spreadcoin.conf to start mining, just run the miner on the same computer with any username and password.
How this works?
If there is no "server", "rpcuser" and "rpcpassword" parameters then RPC server is started in a limited mode where only connections from local computer are accepted, only commands related to mining are allowed and username and password are not required.
I will also make new versions of miners which will by default point to the local machine with correct port, right now you need to set wallet address, i.e. "-o http://127.0.0.1:41677" for AMD miner.

Great work Mr. Spread!
Thanks
Activity: 140
Momentum is picking up! More and more people are getting involved. Cool
This is just the begining  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1092
Momentum is picking up! More and more people are getting involved. Cool
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink
Right now it is only about removing the necessity to create and edit spreadcoin.conf, I didn't yet thought about adding GPU mining to GUI.
You would probably be able to set mining parameters and start mining from GUI, instead of creating new console window it will output all info back to GUI. For this we'll need some good default parameters, mining guide is also appreciated. Mining guide is useful anyway, regardless of the presence of the GUI mining.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9906788

lol.. I thought you were talking about gpu mining. ---^^^
Yes, I was talking about GPU mining, we might have misunderstood each other. GPU mining will not require editing spreadcoin.conf, but it is still not added to gui (yet), so intensity and other settings are still miner's responsibility. I got the impression that you were talking about how these parameters will be handled from GUI.

Yes I was.. Smiley

Has anyone figured out what the best single gpu/ functional desktop settings are ?

My newest (and verrry lucky Grin ), stock 7870, config was running fine until I tried raising the intensity higher than 17. eg. -I 18 made little difference, -I 19 crashed sgminer and the Catalyst 14.9 drivers.

Code:
"intensity" : "17",
"xintensity" : "0",
"rawintensity" : "0",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "spreadcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "4096", (TIP: lowering the TC from 8192 made raising the intensity, from 15 to 17 possible.)
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "4",

http://img.techpowerup.org/141223/SPR7870lucky.jpg

It varies from card to card but I found that xintensity = 220 works really nicely on a 290x. Gives you a lot more room to fine tune, more notes here:

https://github.com/veox/sgminer/commit/7aeae40af22e6108aab8b68a229eea25a639d650

Is that 290x running the main display with Windohs Aero enabled ?

Tyvm for the info. Smiley
Activity: 194
@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink
Right now it is only about removing the necessity to create and edit spreadcoin.conf, I didn't yet thought about adding GPU mining to GUI.
You would probably be able to set mining parameters and start mining from GUI, instead of creating new console window it will output all info back to GUI. For this we'll need some good default parameters, mining guide is also appreciated. Mining guide is useful anyway, regardless of the presence of the GUI mining.

Yes, I was talking about GPU mining, we might have misunderstood each other. GPU mining will not require editing spreadcoin.conf, but it is still not added to gui (yet), so intensity and other settings are still miner's responsibility. I got the impression that you were talking about how these parameters will be handled from GUI.

Yes I was.. Smiley

Has anyone figured out what the best single gpu/ functional desktop settings are ?

My newest (and verrry lucky Grin ), stock 7870, config was running fine until I tried raising the intensity higher than 17. eg. -I 18 made little difference, -I 19 crashed sgminer and the Catalyst 14.9 drivers.

Code:
"thread-concurrency" : "4096", (TIP: lowering the TC from 8192 made raising the intensity, from 15 to 17 possible.)

It varies from card to card but I found that xintensity = 220 works really nicely on a 290x. Gives you a lot more room to fine tune, more notes here:

https://github.com/veox/sgminer/commit/7aeae40af22e6108aab8b68a229eea25a639d650

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
@ Mr.Spread

Poor whale...  Wink

Yes I was.. Smiley

Code:

Some numbers to think about:

Picked up a few more coins to bring me up to a round number - nodes are going to be hard to come by when the time rolls around ;-)
legendary
Activity: 966
I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise.  

After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing, maybe sooner.

I am hopeful.  Smiley

Solo mining by miners who actually care about and value their currency + Masternodes is a really great economic model.

PS Thanks Mr Spread for the Big Backup Button! - Hopefully people will use it and save themselves future misery. If you get around to a 1-click-print-privkey(s) solution at some point that would also be fantastic.
Activity: 854

Thanks for making that!  The only issue I see with it is it only takes the price up to .003 SPR.  If my math is correct, that's well less than a 1.5 million market cap.  I suspect SPR will be much higher than that within a few months.
legendary
Activity: 966
SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

All of this is going to feed upon itself. 

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise. 

Once he does, this is going to be epic.

Good point!masternodes will serve as POS to some extent.

That's one way to look at them, yes.  Mining coins is already really hard yet people understand Mr. Spread is an excellent dev so they mine anyway.  Once masternodes go live, mining will be that much harder so people will want to get 1000 SPR to get a masternode.  Thing there is, as people buy 1000 SPR over and over, the price is going to go up which will attract more miners and people who want masternodes.  Rinse and repeat.
SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise. 

Good point!masternodes will serve as POS to some extent.
Nice 20000k buy wall @ 0.00025 on cex.

Spread the love on bittrex as well.

4k wall sitting at same level on Bittrex.... things are starting to get interesting
5 BTC buy order @25k sato on c-cex,cool~ Grin
SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic in my opinion.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise.  

4k wall sitting at same level on Bittrex.... things are starting to get interesting

The big player is emerging~~  Grin
Jump to: