Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 375. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I will start working on integrating DarkCoin features: masternodes and darksend. I will not copy-paste them blindly, maybe I will make a few improvements if possible. After this we will test it on testnet to see how it is working. Once it is ready I will set a hardfork point and make new builds, I want to make this transition flawless. I understand that there is a lot of impatience, people want everything to happen instantly but I don't think we need a rush here.

Since masternodes and darksend work for DarkCoin I see no reason why it wouldn't work for SpreadCoin. If you have any suggestions about how masternodes/darksend can be made better you can say it.

I will leave the names Masternode and DarkSend as is, I don't see any reason to rename them.

Also I want to write a white paper about my changes and original DarkCoin features themselves, current DarkCoin white papers are either outdated or describe only part of the necessary information. I want my cryptocurrency to have a good description about what it is and how it works.

Totally agree, no need to rush. Better take the time and do it right!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I will start working on integrating DarkCoin features: masternodes and darksend. I will not copy-paste them blindly, maybe I will make a few improvements if possible. After this we will test it on testnet to see how it is working. Once it is ready I will set a hardfork point and make new builds, I want to make this transition flawless. I understand that there is a lot of impatience, people want everything to happen instantly but I don't think we need a rush here.

Since masternodes and darksend work for DarkCoin I see no reason why it wouldn't work for SpreadCoin. If you have any suggestions about how masternodes/darksend can be made better you can say it.

I will leave the names Masternode and DarkSend as is, I don't see any reason to rename them.

Also I want to write a white paper about my changes and original DarkCoin features themselves, current DarkCoin white papers are either outdated or describe only part of the necessary information. I want my cryptocurrency to have a good description about what it is and how it works.
If masternodes are integrated into SPR,is SPR the second coin to implement masternodes?

sweet!love you,Mr.spread~ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 966

Truly excellent news, and you are right not to rush things. I have plenty of testnet hours under my belt and will be happy to help as needed.  Smiley
Activity: 210

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Bonjour!

Info on master nodes became less frequent, is it planned or already implemented ?

I may have enough of SPR (heard here, that a certain amount to be owned is required) and I have 500mbps fiber connection.

What approximate spec pc would be required for one master node functioning ?

Cheers Smiley
Activity: 31
the price on c-cex is pretty low~~ Sad Sad
Yesh, yesh, dump all your SPR! They do not cost anything! The price will never be 15k again! Who actually need another altcoin? Wink
You dump,I dump!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yesh, yesh, dump all your SPR! They do not cost anything! The price will never be 15k again! Who actually need another altcoin? Wink
You dump,I dump!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
legendary
I made some examples, 1. Montserrat, 2. Ubuntu (bitcoin typeface, however different weight and not slanted)

Unlike Susel, I like the Montserrat more  Smiley

Because crypto being open source, free for anyone to use, I think this should also apply on the font. Everyone who wants to make something for SpreadCoin can use the font. I think the Montserrat suits the logo and identity very well.

legendary
The price of SPR seems stuck at 10000 sato after listed on c-cex  Sad Sad
We're in a holding pattern waiting to see what direction Mr. Spread decides to go with the coin.

The calm before the storm  Smiley
Activity: 854
We're in a holding pattern waiting to see what direction Mr. Spread decides to go with the coin.
Activity: 121

Yes, the wallet has to be in server mode for the miner to communicate with it. Hence, 'server=1' line in the .conf file.

okay server mode running the wallet and a browser error 127.0.0.1:41677 {"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}
Spreadminer  running and not accepted shares

The Nvidia miner needs Compute 3.0 or above capable cards, I couldn't mine with the 720M in my laptop. What GPU are you running?

Nvidia GT 730 desktop PC

As others have told you, you are already mining. Since this is solo mining, it is much more random than pool mining. With such hashrate you will need several hours to find one block.
- I think we also should use an opensource freefont for the corporate identity. Now the Myriad is used, it is nice but copyrighted.
Myriad is currently used only on the website. I don't see much of an issue here; as long as we don't distribute the font itself, only graphics with it, I think it's ok. We probably should use the same font everywhere, on the website, splashscreen and in the about dialog.

I made some examples, 1. Montserrat, 2. Ubuntu (bitcoin typeface, however different weight and not slanted)

Unlike Susel, I like the Montserrat more  Smiley

Thanks!
I'd like to! I'm actually a web-designer Smiley
So, if it may help I can do a landing page.
This would be awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1400
@ bazsy

From your picture it looks like you are connected to your wallet and mining.

If not you would have had an error message in the nvminer at start up and it would not be showing any hashes at all.

With that speed it will take quite a while to find a block. I have five 750ti's mining into the wallet and sometimes I can go hours without finding a block. The most I have seen is 4 hours with out hitting one.

Again I could be wrong but the picture shows you are mining.

I have 47 750ti's and I find 80 blocks in 24h with current difficulty

I am surprised you are not finding more.

I have a total of 10 750ti's (my other cards are mining something else) and I get about 25-30 a day. Of course with the difficulty change my blocks go up or down.
Activity: 39
@ bazsy

If not you would have had an error message in the nvminer at start up and it would not be showing any hashes at all.

With that speed it will take quite a while to find a block. I have five 750ti's mining into the wallet and sometimes I can go hours without finding a block. The most I have seen is 4 hours with out hitting one.

I have 47 750ti's and I find 80 blocks in 24h with current difficulty
legendary
Activity: 1400
 @ bazsy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Yes, the wallet has to be in server mode for the miner to communicate with it. Hence, 'server=1' line in the .conf file.

okay server mode running the wallet and a browser error 127.0.0.1:41677 {"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}
Spreadminer  running and not accepted shares

The Nvidia miner needs Compute 3.0 or above capable cards, I couldn't mine with the 720M in my laptop. What GPU are you running?

Nvidia GT 730 desktop PC

According to https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus your GPU is compute 3.5 capable so if you're compiling from source you can specify that, see my post here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9717026

If you're running the Win binary I have no idea, sorry, I don't use Windows. Maybe tsiv can help?

Tsiv tried JSON RPC failed  connect error
Jump to: