Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 372. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Mr. Spread, have you found the part of the Darkcoin code where, "Enforcement" is on or off?  I THINK that may be what you're seeing as when enforcement is off, yes, that can and has happened.

And have you notified the Darkcoin developer, Evan Duffield?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Mr.spread,what's status of masternode and darksend developmnet?
It is far from ready yet but I think I found a potential vulnerability in DarkCoin which allows miners (actually pools) to not pay part of the block reward to masternodes.
DarkCoin wallet checks the following things for each new block:  
1) There is a payment to master node.
2) There is a payment with the same amount as a payment to master node should be (30%).
But there is no check that this is the same payment. This means that if you generate a block you can pay 0.0000001 DRK to masternode and pay 30% and (70% - 0.0000001 DRK) to yourself as separate coinbase outputs. Such blocks should be accepted by DarkCoin network but I haven't tested it on testnet so I can't be 100% sure.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
RawrRawr how many coins did you lose?  Do you have any left?
I think he has at least 2.5k left. He lost 3K. You can see in the blockchain explorer.
RawrRawr how many coins did you lose?  Do you have any left?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Sorry but it looks like your coins are gone.  Embarrassed

I'm really sorry about this.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Thank you, guys. If it will work, I`ll spend some of this coins for voting on askcoin, for example.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

I personally find this graph a tiny bit confusing. IMO it makes a lot morse sense if we use the old one but say "Reward over 10 minutes" instead of just "Reward" (for the Y axis).
Maybe "block reward" would be more appropriate name?
Well, the first time I saw the graph it confused me because the block times are different. That's why I think it makes sense to say "over 10 minutes" because 6.66 isn't bigger than 50 but on the graph it looks like it is.
Mr Spread, perhaps a change to the thread title to reflect your plans for Masternodes and Darksend might get some more traffic in here? Wink
yes, its a good marketing there are hundreds of darkfans
yeah,changing the thread title can attract more attention. Cheesy
Well, I want to have least some working prototype before such announcements.
Kudos on this.  The more I read what you have to say, the more comfortable I am with my investment in this coin.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
What is this other coin? Maybe it uses the same address format as SpreadCoin.

epic fail.
You need to contact C-CEX and ask them for private key corresponding to this address. Then you will need to import this key into your SpreadCoin wallet but I'm not sure if this will actually work.
I'll test it out right now...

I personally find this graph a tiny bit confusing. IMO it makes a lot morse sense if we use the old one but say "Reward over 10 minutes" instead of just "Reward" (for the Y axis).
Maybe "block reward" would be more appropriate name?

epic fail.
You need to contact C-CEX and ask them for private key corresponding to this address. Then you will need to import this key into your SpreadCoin wallet but I'm not sure if this will actually work.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

epic fail.
Squallcoin? Wtf? You only hope squallcoin fails and the exchange lets you use their wallet.dat or something.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
http://s017.radikal.ru/i411/1412/84/65b9774a76aa.png
epic fail.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Hello, Mr. Spread. I make mistake and send my spr to wallet address of other coin. How did chain processed this transactions, if this spr address is incorrect?
Just type checkwallet and repairwallet,the wrongly sent coins can be back ,dont worry about it.
No, this transaction is in blockchain: http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/SVMV9Mxk9H9JSrPDAdLeua1FNvnNnU4muw
It may be possible to recover these coins by using corresponding private key from other coin.
Would they need to load up the wallet containing that address, go to the debug console and typing
dumpprivkey SVMV9Mxk9H9JSrPDAdLeua1FNvnNnU4muw

Wait, they could just use the other coin's wallet.dat. Right?
Activity: 126
Hello, Mr. Spread. I make mistake and send my spr to wallet address of other coin. How did chain processed this transactions, if this spr address is incorrect?
Just type checkwallet and repairwallet,the wrongly sent coins can be back ,dont worry about it.
No, this transaction is in blockchain: http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/SVMV9Mxk9H9JSrPDAdLeua1FNvnNnU4muw
It may be possible to recover these coins by using corresponding private key from other coin.
Mr.spread,what's status of masternode and darksend developmnet?
Activity: 126
legendary
Activity: 1092
If/when the Masternodes are implemented the value can go up 10-100 fold  Grin
Jump to: