Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 376. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Yes, the wallet has to be in server mode for the miner to communicate with it. Hence, 'server=1' line in the .conf file.

okay server mode running the wallet and a browser error 127.0.0.1:41677 {"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}
Spreadminer  running and not accepted shares

The Nvidia miner needs Compute 3.0 or above capable cards, I couldn't mine with the 720M in my laptop. What GPU are you running?

Nvidia GT 730 desktop PC

According to https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus your GPU is compute 3.5 capable so if you're compiling from source you can specify that, see my post here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9717026

If you're running the Win binary I have no idea, sorry, I don't use Windows. Maybe tsiv can help?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Yes, the wallet has to be in server mode for the miner to communicate with it. Hence, 'server=1' line in the .conf file.

okay server mode running the wallet and a browser error 127.0.0.1:41677 {"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}
Spreadminer  running and not accepted shares

The Nvidia miner needs Compute 3.0 or above capable cards, I couldn't mine with the 720M in my laptop. What GPU are you running?

Nvidia GT 730 desktop PC

legendary

Spreadminer  running and not accepted shares

Spreadminer  running and not accepted shares
Activity: 121
So what's dev opinion on Masternodes? Are you gonna implement them?
legendary

Wallet starting -server command?

How to solomine nvidia card?

There are links to the Nvidia GPU miner widows binary and the source if you're running linux at the bottom of the first post of the thread. Either download the win binary or compile it, and run thus:

spreadminer -o http://127.0.0.1:41677 -u rpcuser -p rpcpass (obviously replace 127.0.0.1 if your wallet is running on another machine)

You need to have your wallet running and the following lines in your spreadcoin.conf file:

Code:
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1

Wallet starting -server command?
legendary

There are links to the Nvidia GPU miner widows binary and the source if you're running linux at the bottom of the first post of the thread. Either download the win binary or compile it, and run thus:

spreadminer -o http://127.0.0.1:41677 -u rpcuser -p rpcpass (obviously replace 127.0.0.1 if your wallet is running on another machine)

You need to have your wallet running and the following lines in your spreadcoin.conf file:

Code:
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
legendary
Activity: 1092
Thanks!
I'd like to! I'm actually a web-designer Smiley
So, if it may help I can do a landing page.

P.S. Ubuntu looks nice.

I think it is great you are involved, input from the community is vital for any coin to succeed!
But it is not my call, it is Mr Spread's.

I like the positive energy with this coin!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I agree, it's true decentralised nature is what appeals to me. And Masternodes would be awesome!

For the marketing aspect:

- I think the logo is absolutely great! The website is nice and crisp, maybe a nice visual/scematic on the landing page would work, allthough I also like it with only text.

- The purple color of the corporate identity should be the same everywere (I see some different shades now on the homepage).

- I think we also should use an opensource freefont for the corporate identity. Now the Myriad is used, it is nice but copyrighted.

I made some examples, 1. Montserrat, 2. Ubuntu (bitcoin typeface, however different weight and not slanted)

- I think the Dev and the community  are the best marketing now, giving input in the thread, creating a good base for this coin.

- With the graphics I can help, but maybe Susel wants to do that.

- Can someone create a spreadaddress.org so paper/cold wallets can be generated?

Thats it for now.

Cheers

Thanks!
I'd like to! I'm actually a web-designer Smiley
So, if it may help I can do a landing page.

P.S. Ubuntu looks nice.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/005yyi5Jjw1en4x5izqzbj30i50bvae8.jpgWhy did my data miners? Difficulty has been displayed? What wrong?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
The true decentralisation of Spreadcoin + the real-world utility and economic benefits of Masternodes would see a flood of money into SPR.
The first and third mainly depends on Dev's programing skill,the real-world utility requires strong marketing and this is the weak point of SPR at present.
For the real-world utility ,here I have some suggestions.
1.paper wallet with the support of sending to email address --no need to sync block anymore
2.IOS,Android wallet --  easy to use for masses
3.p2p chat and file-sending (small files like torrent file paid with SPR,you know,pirate bay has some troubles those days  Grin)

That is my advice,I believe that before the real-world utility,instructures are quite necceray.

I agree with cyptohunter, iOS, android wallet is a necessity at this point, since the spread facilitation.  Smiley
Activity: 126
The true decentralisation of Spreadcoin + the real-world utility and economic benefits of Masternodes would see a flood of money into SPR.
The first and third mainly depends on Dev's programing skill,the real-world utility requires strong marketing and this is the weak point of SPR at present.
For the real-world utility ,here I have some suggestions.
1.paper wallet with the support of sending to email address --no need to sync block anymore
2.IOS,Android wallet --  easy to use for masses
3.p2p chat and file-sending (small files like torrent file paid with SPR,you know,pirate bay has some troubles those days  Grin)

That is my advice,I believe that before the real-world utility,instructures are quite necceray.
legendary
Activity: 1092
I agree, it's true decentralised nature is what appeals to me. And Masternodes would be awesome!

For the marketing aspect:

- I think the logo is absolutely great! The website is nice and crisp, maybe a nice visual/scematic on the landing page would work, allthough I also like it with only text.

- The purple color of the corporate identity should be the same everywere (I see some different shades now on the homepage).

- I think we also should use an opensource freefont for the corporate identity. Now the Myriad is used, it is nice but copyrighted.

I made some examples, 1. Montserrat, 2. Ubuntu (bitcoin typeface, however different weight and not slanted)

- I think the Dev and the community are the best marketing now, giving input in the thread, creating a good base for this coin.

- With the graphics I can help, but maybe Susel wants to do that.

- Can someone create a spreadaddress.org so paper/cold wallets can be generated?

Thats it for now.

Cheers
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Yes I agree that SpreadCoin definitely needs a strong marketing technique and Public Relations team to help get this coin more noticed and masses adopting the fact that this coin could be bigger than Bitcoin one day!! That's just my opinion though Smiley Cheers
Activity: 121
legendary
wow diff has escalated as exptected. But it tells us about what is to come, this is nothing yet. Without pools we will soon have the reality where people mine for weeks or even months without any reward... there clearly is a limit to this "no pool" approach. I mean, I seriously like it, but sooner or later it will be really hard to get any profit whatsoever and we will reach the same equilibrium as the other x11 algos, just a bit lower nethash because people wont have the nerve to keep mining... lol perhaps i am a bit pessimistic here, what are other peoples opinions about this approach?

Pools completely short-circuit the whole point of mining. On a long enough time scale the rewards are the same anyway (actually better: no pool fees) for solo miners, but as you say the ADD money hose crowd among miners will not find SPR appealing. Suits me.

As I keep saying, any currency that relies for security on two or three pools (2 or 3 known or easily discoverable people running 2 or 3 boxes on known IP addresses at known or easily discoverable locations) is a toy that will never see serious investment or widespread adoption.

The true decentralisation of Spreadcoin + the real-world utility and economic benefits of Masternodes would see a flood of money into SPR. I am kicking myself for not discovering it just a few weeks sooner than I did, but such is life.  Cheesy
Activity: 854
wow diff has escalated as exptected. But it tells us about what is to come, this is nothing yet. Without pools we will soon have the reality where people mine for weeks or even months without any reward... there clearly is a limit to this "no pool" approach. I mean, I seriously like it, but sooner or later it will be really hard to get any profit whatsoever and we will reach the same equilibrium as the other x11 algos, just a bit lower nethash because people wont have the nerve to keep mining... lol perhaps i am a bit pessimistic here, what are other peoples opinions about this approach?
The more the value of the coin goes up, the more people are willing to wait weeks or even months for a reward as long as the reward comes eventually.  As long as it is profitable, there will be mining.

This also makes masternodes that much more valuable.  For those that want a regular payout of Spread, if Mr. Spread implements masternodes, then that option will be available to them.  Darkcoin masternodes are paying out like clockwork at this point.

If Mr. Spread decides to implement masternodes, I suspect this coin is going to become hard to obtain pretty quickly.
Jump to: