Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 377. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
wow diff has escalated as exptected. But it tells us about what is to come, this is nothing yet. Without pools we will soon have the reality where people mine for weeks or even months without any reward... there clearly is a limit to this "no pool" approach. I mean, I seriously like it, but sooner or later it will be really hard to get any profit whatsoever and we will reach the same equilibrium as the other x11 algos, just a bit lower nethash because people wont have the nerve to keep mining... lol perhaps i am a bit pessimistic here, what are other peoples opinions about this approach?

No pools is what makes this coin unique. 

Completely Decentralized Digital Currency without Pools

SpreadCoin is a new cryptocurrency which is more decentralized than Bitcoin. It prevents centralization of hashing power in pools, which is one of the main concerns of Bitcoin security.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
wow diff has escalated as exptected. But it tells us about what is to come, this is nothing yet. Without pools we will soon have the reality where people mine for weeks or even months without any reward... there clearly is a limit to this "no pool" approach. I mean, I seriously like it, but sooner or later it will be really hard to get any profit whatsoever and we will reach the same equilibrium as the other x11 algos, just a bit lower nethash because people wont have the nerve to keep mining... lol perhaps i am a bit pessimistic here, what are other peoples opinions about this approach?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I recommend taking BetaSharex off the list of exchanges.  They're useless and people are getting screwed as the market gets on hold then finally taken off.
yeah,BetaSharex is really a shitty exchange,maybe a scam exchange.

What is going on with this exchange anyway, it is always on hold!
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I recommend taking BetaSharex off the list of exchanges.  They're useless and people are getting screwed as the market gets on hold then finally taken off.
yeah,BetaSharex is really a shitty exchange,maybe a scam exchange.
Activity: 854
I recommend taking BetaSharex off the list of exchanges.  They're useless and people are getting screwed as the market gets put on hold then finally taken off over and over again.
Activity: 121
Nethash rising nicely, well over 1GH/s now. Some of that is maybe due to wolf's miner optimisations but general interest is definitely picking up.
New optimizations? Where?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/

I haven't tried it but I'd assume you can plug these bins into the AMD spreadminer?

The whole 'optimisation' thing seems like a red herring to me, as long as everyone is getting about the same hash per hardware, all upping that does is increase everyone's power consumption... wolf has put a lot of work into this though so if you think it's of benefit to you please consider sending him a tip.
Is that ture?anybody has tried wolf's optimized miner? what's the speed of 280X?
legendary
Activity: 966
Nethash rising nicely, well over 1GH/s now. Some of that is maybe due to wolf's miner optimisations but general interest is definitely picking up.

I haven't tried it but I'd assume you can plug these bins into the AMD spreadminer?

The whole 'optimisation' thing seems like a red herring to me, as long as everyone is getting about the same hash per hardware, all upping that does is increase everyone's power consumption... wolf has put a lot of work into this though so if you think it's of benefit to you please consider sending him a tip.
This will require some work to port these changes to spreadminer, you can't just copypaste generated binary.

Well in that case then the doubling of nethash in the last week was purely organic.  Smiley
Activity: 210
C-CEX for SpreadCoin was added to coinmarketcap: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#markets
Seems like they like requests from the thread more than from their request form which I used.

This will require some work to port these changes to spreadminer, you can't just copypaste generated binary.
legendary

legendary
dev, will it work if i create a pool for my miners in a LAN network?
I'm not sure what do you mean by a pool. You can just connect all miners to the same wallet. Or run one wallet per PC but mine to the same address in all of them.
Activity: 628
Merit: 500
dev, will it work if i create a pool for my miners in a LAN network?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Why marketcap so high? Does 1 group hold all the coins?
Actually, it's very low. Undecided

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Mr Spread commits to implementing Masternodes for Spread.

Within a month or two there are 500 Masternodes requiring 1000 SPR to run, each costing $0.16/day to run and earning 8.64 SPR/day assuming a 50-50 block reward split between miners and MNs.

At a SRP price of 0.001 BTC which would not be at all unreasonable should this happen, that's over $3/day profit per MN, and an annual return of over 300%. Remember, that's half a million SPR taken off the market.

Grin

Just an example obviously, but you get the idea... Masternodes are both useful and profitable. There's a reason the price has risen significantly merely on the possibility that this will happen. A  confirmed roadmap would see the price rise even more significantly. Remember, there are plenty of people who shy away from Darkcoin just because of the name, or because they think they have missed the boat, both of which are daft IMO but it is what it is.

And there are even more people who shy away from PoW altogether because nobody in their right minds is going to trust a vulnerable handful of parasitic pool operators with the blockchain, and thus their money.

The market cap of Spread could be $sixfigures pretty soon. If I had Mr Spread's skillset - well, you know what I'd be doing.

Once again, well said.  .001 is absolutely possible within a short time if masternodes are implemented.  I can guarantee some Darkcoin holders also investing in Spreadcoin since they understand the monetary value of masternodes and have operating them down to an art.
So you are suggesting that a Spreadnode if Mr. Spread decided to go that way would cost 1000 SpreadCoin to own one or have one or whatever you do with them? I'm really not too familiar with what these node thingys are?

First, I would strongly suggest keeping them named Masternodes.  I would also suggest that they require 1000 Spreadcoin to "operate".  "Cost" 1000 Spreadcoin isn't a good way to put it, because you don't spend the 1000 SPR, you simply make them connected to the masternode.  You can spend them anytime, but as soon as you do, the masternode becomes inactive.  It's quite rare to see people disable/spend a masternode once it's setup, so what that means, is that for every masternode there is, 1000 coins are out of circulation.  There are over 1300 Darkcoin masternodes which means 1,300,000 DRK are out of circulation!  Truly amazing.

Masternodes are decentralized, trustless mixers for the anonymous side of Darkcoin.  BUT, they are also going to have additional functionality built on top of them.  "InstantX" which allows for near-instant transactions instead of having to wait for coin confirmations is one such feature that is already being developed.  They are an amazing technology.  A technology that is highly profitable for anyone running one.  It costs over $2,300 to setup a Darkcoin masternode at present.  However, if Mr. Spread allows them for SPR, at present, it would cost less than $50.00 to setup Smiley  The thing is, if what happens to SPR is anything like what happened to DRK when masternodes were implemented, that $50.00 to setup will quickly become a thing of the past.  If you look back in the DRK thread, you can find me donating 1,000 DRK to someone.  It's laughable now and I hope the same becomes true of SPR.

MyFarm question for you.

Does the miners have the ability to set up a Masternode? And if so at 1,000 Spread can a miner have more than one Masternode.

I understand now that you just explained it.

Anyone can setup a masternode if you have 1000 coins (or whatever rate a developer sets them at).  A miner can just mine, a miner can mine AND have a masternode, and someone who doesn't mine can have a masternode.  If you have 2000 coins, you can have two masternodes.  If you have 10,000 coins, you can have 10 if you want.  If you plan to hold onto a coin that allows masternodes, it makes a LOT of sense to setup a masternode since they're so profitable.  Why not earn additional coins AND make the network more secure?

Thanks.

Will follow this more closely if the dev decides to add them. I was way to late too get into Dark but feel I am still in at the right time for Spread.
I'll buy some SPR and withdraw them to my local wallet.
When masternode is implemented,I'll set them up.
legendary
Activity: 1400

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Within a month or two there are 500 Masternodes requiring 1000 SPR to run, each costing $0.16/day to run and earning 8.64 SPR/day assuming a 50-50 block reward split between miners and MNs.

At a SRP price of 0.001 BTC which would not be at all unreasonable should this happen, that's over $3/day profit per MN, and an annual return of over 300%. Remember, that's half a million SPR taken off the market.

Grin

Just an example obviously, but you get the idea... Masternodes are both useful and profitable. There's a reason the price has risen significantly merely on the possibility that this will happen. A  confirmed roadmap would see the price rise even more significantly. Remember, there are plenty of people who shy away from Darkcoin just because of the name, or because they think they have missed the boat, both of which are daft IMO but it is what it is.

And there are even more people who shy away from PoW altogether because nobody in their right minds is going to trust a vulnerable handful of parasitic pool operators with the blockchain, and thus their money.

The market cap of Spread could be $sixfigures pretty soon. If I had Mr Spread's skillset - well, you know what I'd be doing.

Once again, well said.  .001 is absolutely possible within a short time if masternodes are implemented.  I can guarantee some Darkcoin holders also investing in Spreadcoin since they understand the monetary value of masternodes and have operating them down to an art.
So you are suggesting that a Spreadnode if Mr. Spread decided to go that way would cost 1000 SpreadCoin to own one or have one or whatever you do with them? I'm really not too familiar with what these node thingys are?

First, I would strongly suggest keeping them named Masternodes.  I would also suggest that they require 1000 Spreadcoin to "operate".  "Cost" 1000 Spreadcoin isn't a good way to put it, because you don't spend the 1000 SPR, you simply make them connected to the masternode.  You can spend them anytime, but as soon as you do, the masternode becomes inactive.  It's quite rare to see people disable/spend a masternode once it's setup, so what that means, is that for every masternode there is, 1000 coins are out of circulation.  There are over 1300 Darkcoin masternodes which means 1,300,000 DRK are out of circulation!  Truly amazing.

Masternodes are decentralized, trustless mixers for the anonymous side of Darkcoin.  BUT, they are also going to have additional functionality built on top of them.  "InstantX" which allows for near-instant transactions instead of having to wait for coin confirmations is one such feature that is already being developed.  They are an amazing technology.  A technology that is highly profitable for anyone running one.  It costs over $2,300 to setup a Darkcoin masternode at present.  However, if Mr. Spread allows them for SPR, at present, it would cost less than $50.00 to setup Smiley  The thing is, if what happens to SPR is anything like what happened to DRK when masternodes were implemented, that $50.00 to setup will quickly become a thing of the past.  If you look back in the DRK thread, you can find me donating 1,000 DRK to someone.  It's laughable now and I hope the same becomes true of SPR.

MyFarm question for you.

Does the miners have the ability to set up a Masternode? And if so at 1,000 Spread can a miner have more than one Masternode.

Anyone can setup a masternode if you have 1000 coins (or whatever rate a developer sets them at).  A miner can just mine, a miner can mine AND have a masternode, and someone who doesn't mine can have a masternode.  If you have 2000 coins, you can have two masternodes.  If you have 10,000 coins, you can have 10 if you want.  If you plan to hold onto a coin that allows masternodes, it makes a LOT of sense to setup a masternode since they're so profitable.  Why not earn additional coins AND make the network more secure?

Thanks.

Will follow this more closely if the dev decides to add them. I was way to late too get into Dark but feel I am still in at the right time for Spread.

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Grin

MyFarm question for you.

legendary

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Grin

MyFarm question for you.

legendary

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Grin

Jump to: